royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 551

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 01, 2015 6:08 am

二十笔实用成语 551

01. hit back, to
定义: 反击, 抵抗, 反攻.
例句: You have to hit back when someone attacks you. (每当别人攻击你, 你必须反击)

02. hit below the belt, to
定义: 不必要地伤害别人, 卑鄙偷袭, 使用不正当或残忍手段.
例句: He hit below the belt in the argument when he criticized her appearance. (由于他批评她的长像, 他在这场争论中发出伤人的话语)

03. hit between the eyes, to
定义: 痛击某人的脸部; 让人留下深刻印象; 让人突然明白某事; 造成一个突然的冲击或惊讶.
例句: Suddenly, it hit me right between the eyes that Sean and his girlfriend were about to get married. (突然地, 我惊讶地发现肖恩和他的女友居然即将结婚)

04. hit (rock) bottom, to
定义: 跌到谷底, 达到最低点, 进入最低迷状态.
例句: The economy hit bottom last year but is finally starting to improve early this year. (去年经济跌到谷底但情况终于在今年初开始有所改善)

05. hit by the ugly stick, be
定义: 生得丑; 穿着丑陋; 弄得丑.
例句: That car must have been hit by the ugly stick a few too many times. (那部车丑的不得了. 注: 这句话不可照字翻译成, "这部车被丑棍子敲打了太多次." 英语成语甚至中文成语都有象徵性的说法, 千万不可直译)

06. hit for six, to
定义: 严厉打击, 出其不意地征服, 出其不意令人惊慌失措.
例句: I was hit for six when I heard about the accident. (我听到这个意外事件的消息时惊慌失措)

07. hit home, to
定义: 击中要害, 说到重点; 令人恍然大悟, 豁然开朗, 让人明白真相或某事的重要性; 令人印象深刻.
例句: I hope this message hits home! (我希望这个信息让大家明白/重视!)

08. hit it big, to
定义: 获得巨大成功.
例句: Keep going and don't give up! You'll hit it big one of these days! (勇往直前别放弃! 你总有一天会取得巨大成功!)

09. hit it off, to
定义: 交往投契, 相处良好, 水乳交融.
例句: The two of us hit it off with each other immediately. (我们两人一见如故)

10. hit me
定义: 事情突然变为清楚; 我突然懂了; 告诉我, 跟我直接了当说.
例句: It hit me later that she was a teacher, not a student. (事后我突然明白了, 她原来是个老师并不是学生)

11. hit me (card games)
定义: (扑克牌)我再要一张牌或再发一张牌给我.
例句: The old man looked at his cards carefully, then said, "Hit me." (这个老人小心翼翼地看他自己的牌, 然后说, "再发一张牌给我.")

12. hit me for a loan, to
定义: 跟我借钱.
例句: I knew he was going to hit me for a loan but he's going to pay back as soon as he receives his paycheck. (我知道他要跟我借钱但一旦他拿到他的薪资他会马上还钱)

13. hit me with your best shot, to
定义: 以你最重拳打我; 把你最厉害的招数拿出来跟我斗.
例句: Hit me with your best shot. Serve the ball as hard as you can. (拿出你最厉害的招数来对付我. 使出你最大的劲发球)

14. hit on all cylinders, to
定义: 运转良好, 思路畅通.
例句: At first our company wasn't running very smoothly, but now we're hitting on all cylinders. (起初我们公司营运并不顺利, 但现在我们运转良好)

15. hit on/upon, to
定义: 无意间发现, 发明; 无意间触及某事或想法; 勾引, 轻薄/挑逗, 性骚扰.
例句: Mrs. Zhou was a nurse until she hit on the idea of selling jewelry. (周太太原本是一名护士直到她无意间发现销售珠宝的生意理念)

16. hit one's stride, to
定义: 达到稳定的快步伐, 发挥最大潜力, 效率, 办事能力.
例句: I usually start running slowly for a warmup and then hit my stride a few minutes into the run. (我一般开始以慢跑来暖身然后跑了几分钟后逐渐加速到稳定的快跑)

17. hit out (at), to
定义: 暴力地攻击, 愤怒地口头攻击/批评.
例句: The movie star hit out at the media for their lukewarm reviews on his new movie. (这名电影明星愤怒地攻击媒体因为他们对他新片所做的影评冷澹乏力)

18. hit/strike pay dirt, to
定义: 发现/取得高价值的矿物, 财源或厚利.
例句: The police struck pay dirt when a witness came forward with new information. (由于一名证人自告奋勇提供新的资料, 警方取得了极为有利的证据)

19. hit rough weather, to
定义: 遭遇到恶劣天气, 困难或问题.
例句: Tom and his wife's marriage life is hitting rough weather and they're going to divorce soon. (汤姆和他妻子的婚姻生活面临困难, 他们不久即将离婚)

20. hit someone hard, to
定义: 对某人痛苦/沉重的打击或产生极大的震惊.
例句: The death of his friend hit Henry hard. (亨利朋友之死给他带来沉重的打击)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 44 访客