royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 553

帖子 royl » 周三 5月 06, 2015 5:46 pm

二十笔实用成语 553

01. hit the jackpot, to
定义: 中头奖, 中大奖, 出人意料地成功或赢大钱.
例句: He really hit the jackpot with his new restaurant. (他新开的餐馆出人意料地生意兴隆赚大钱)

02. hit the lights, to
定义: 开灯或关灯.
例句: Would you please hit the lights? It's dark here. (麻烦你开灯好吗? 这里太暗)

03. hit the nail on the head; hit the mark, to
定义: 一语中的, 一针见血, 击中要害.
例句: She hit the nail on the head when she suggested that decreasing costs was more important than increasing sales. (她一针见血地指出降低成本比增加销售更为重要)

04. hit the panic button, to
定义: 遇到紧急情况惊慌失措, 乱了手脚.
例句: She hit the panic button and just went to pieces. (她惊慌失措, 弄得跟精神崩溃似的)

05. hit the rack, to
定义: 上床睡觉; 与人性交.
例句: I have to hit the rack by ten or I'll be tired in the morning. (我必须在十点钟之前上床睡觉否则我明天早上会疲倦)

06. hit the road/trail, to
定义: 出发, 启程, 离开.
例句: We are not in a hurry. It's alright we can hit the road tomorrow at 10 am. (我们不急着走. 我们明天早上十点钟出发就可)

07. hit the skids, to
定义: 匆促离开; 紧急煞车; 开始走下坡, 失败, 走霉运.
例句: If Ah-Fei doesn't change his life and stop taking drugs, he's really going to hit the skids. (如果阿飞不改变他的生活方式, 还再吸毒的话, 他真得会沉沦下去)

08. hit the spot, to
定义: 令人完全满意; 令人耳目一新; 令人提神振作; 做得准确; 一语中的.
例句: Drinking the lemonade after the baseball game really hit the spot. (打完棒球赛之后再喝柠檬汁真是提神醒脑)

09. hit the street, to
定义: 上街, 示威, 出现, 展现; 出门做某件事; (被监禁犯人)返回社会.
例句: I grabbed the classifieds and hit the street, looking for a new job. (我拿起分类广告便出门找工作)
图片
分类广告页最右侧的Careers那一栏便是招聘广告

10. hit the switch, to
定义: 开或关电源, 开或关灯.
例句: The computer came on when she hit the switch. (她打开电源之后电脑就开始起动)

11. hit the town, to
定义: 到城里闹区游乐; 上馆子, 逛酒吧, 去夜总会. (注: 这里的the town是指城中拥有大量餐厅, 酒吧, 电影院, 游乐场所的闹区)
例句: Let's go hit the town and catch that new flick by Schwarzenegger. (我们去闹区玩玩, 看那场施瓦辛格的新电影)

12. hit a/the wall, to
定义: 碰壁受阻, 停滞不前.
例句: I have been working on this program for three days and now I'm hitting a wall. (三天来我一直编写这个程序, 而现在我遇到了难题无法继续写下去了)

13. hit town, to
定义: 进城, 到达某城.
例句: The minute I hit town, I checked into a hotel and took a long nap. (我一进城之后, 我就住进一家旅馆并睡了一个长觉)

14. hit up, to
定义: [俚语]借​​钱或请求人帮忙.
例句: I'm waiting for the right moment to hit up my dad for a loan. (我在等着适当时机跟我老爸借钱)

15. hit with a glancing blow, to
定义: 擦边侧击或蹭击.
例句: The rock struck my windshield with a glancing blow. (这颗石头侧击而过我的挡风玻璃)

16. hit from all sides, to
定义: 四面攻击/打击/抨击.
例句: We have been constantly getting hit from all sides with responsibilities. (我们一直不断地受到各方面要求我们承担责任的抨击)

17. hitch one's wagon to a star, to
定义: 胸怀大志,​​ 把目标设得高.
例句: The speaker who delivered the high school commencement address challenged the graduating students to hitch their wagons to a star. (这位演讲者发表高中毕业典礼演说激励这群毕业生把他们目标设得高看得远)

18. hitch your wagon to someone, to
定义: 寄望某人希望得到提拔/成功/成就.
例句: We hitched our wagon to John because he was our only hope to win the championship. (我们把成功寄望在约翰身上因为他是我们赢得冠军唯一的希望)

19. hit/strike a/the (right) chord/note, to
定义: 讲到心坎里, 引起共鸣, 言行合宜, 引起别人的好感或认同.
例句: Her comments about political corruption struck a right chord with many voters. (她对政治腐败的评论深得许多选民的认同)

20. hive off, to
定义: [英国]分裂出去; 将...分离出来; 将某组织之控制权交予另一人或组织.
例句: The new owners hived off the best parts of our company to another part of their corporate empire. (这些新业主把我们公司的精华部分分离出来成为他们商业帝国的另一部分)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 62 访客