royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 567

帖子 royl » 周一 6月 22, 2015 4:47 pm

二十笔实用成语 567

01. hubby
定义: 丈夫或先生的俗称.
例句: Amanda recently found out her hubby of 16 years visits a massage parlor. She is devastated. (阿曼达最近发现与她结缡十六年的丈夫居然常去一家按摩院. 她极为难过. 注: 这里所谓的按摩院其实是个色情场所)

02. huddle together, to
定义: 挤在一块; 聚在一起.
例句: People were huddling together in doorways to get out of the rain. (人们在门口挤在一块躲避雨淋)
图片
一个建筑物的门口

03. huff and puff, to
定义: 嘘嘘喘气; 无奈地抱怨; 吵闹, 虚张声势.
例句: We were huffing and puffing by the time we'd climbed to the top of the hill. (等我们爬上了山顶的时候我们气喘嘘嘘. 注: 这里的we'd climbed=we had climbed)

04. huge selection of ..., a
定义: 大量的...可以选择.
例句: Here we have a huge selection of men's jeans, khakis, shorts, and shirts in stock. (我们这里有大量的男士牛仔裤, 卡其裤, 短裤, 以及衬衫现货可以供您选择)

05. Huh!
定义: [惊叹语]表示惊讶, 不相信, 不理解或询问.
例句: "Did you wash your ears?" "Huh?" ("你洗了你的耳朵没有?" "啥?")

06. human nature, the
定义: 人性, 人的天性.
例句: It's only human nature to favor those who share a common ground. (偏爱跟自己有共同之处的人无非是人的天性)

07. humbug!
定义: [惊叹语]胡扯! 瞎说!
例句: She's only 30? Humbug! (她只有三十岁? 胡扯! 注: 意指她怎么看都超过三十岁)

08. humming like a bird, be
定义: (论及机器, 引擎或交通工具)情况良好的, 运作顺利的.
例句: It has a new fuel filter, and also the fuel pump was just installed and the car now is humming like a bird. (它新装了一个燃油滤净器, 而且燃油泵才刚安装上, 因此这部车运作顺利)
图片
汽/燃油滤净器
图片
汽/燃油泵

09. Hump day
定义: 星期三; 一个星期的中心点.
例句: Brian says if you can get through hump day, the rest of the week is easy. (布莱恩说你如果能够熬过星期三的话, 剩下的周四和周五就轻松了)

10. hundred to one chance/shot, a
定义: 很小的成功机会(只有百分之一).
例句: He only has a hundred to one shot at getting the job that he has applied for. (他能够取得他所应征的那个工作的成功机会很渺茫)

11. hundred/thousand/million times, a
定义: 许多倍; 许多次. (注: 带有数不清多少倍/遍/次的意味).
例句: "It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense." — Robert G. Ingersoll ("光懂常理而没受过教育的人要比受过教育而不懂常理的人要强上千倍." — 罗伯特G. 英格所尔注: 这是一句被引用的格言)

12. hung up on, be
定义: (对某事或人)太专注; 太关心; 痴迷.
例句: Jeff's hung up on that girl he met at the party. (杰夫迷恋着他在派对上邂逅的女孩)

13. hunger for, to
定义: 渴望.
例句: Our nation hungers for a strong leader. (我们国人渴望一个强而有力的领导人)

14. hungry as a bear/horse, be (as)
定义: 饿极了.
例句: Every time I exercise, I'm as hungry as a bear afterward, and I eat a big snack. (每次我运动完我饿极了, 我总是吃一大堆零食)

15. hungry for, be
定义: 想吃(某食物); 渴望(某事或物).
例句: I know you are hungry for information about how you could get your children ready for college and you will have it. (我知道你们渴望有关你们如何准备儿女上大学的资料, 你们会取得这些资料的)

16. hunk, a
定义: 性感猛男或帅哥.
例句: Anne thinks Leonardo DiCaprio is a hunk. She dreams about him. (安认为李奥纳多•狄卡皮欧是个大帅哥. 她经常梦见他)

17. hunker down, to
定义: 蹲下来; 安顿下来; 坚守阵地; 沉着待发.
例句: I need to hunker down and study because I can't fail this test. (我需要沉着下来好好地读书因为这个考试我不能考不及格)

18. honky/honkie/hunky, a
定义: [种族歧视俚语]白人, 白鬼子.
例句: George Jefferson is the only black guy I know that calls Abe Lincoln a Honky. (乔治•杰佛逊是我知道唯一的黑人称呼亚伯•林肯为白鬼子. 注: 乔治•杰佛逊是美国电视连续喜剧"杰佛逊家庭"的男主角)
图片
杰佛逊家庭

19. hunt down, to
定义: 找到; 捕获, 逮捕.
例句: The killer was hunted down with help from his relatives. (由于他亲戚的协助, 这名杀人犯被逮捕归案)

20. hunt out, to
定义: 搜寻, 寻找.
例句: It took a while to hunt out the papers, but we finally found everything we needed. (虽然费了好大的劲搜遍了许多的报纸, 我们终于找到了我们需要的所有资料)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 57 访客