royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 602

帖子 royl » 周五 9月 04, 2015 1:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 602

01. in a world of trouble
定义: 遭到极大困难或一大堆问题; 闯了大祸.
例句: He's in a world of trouble—of his own making. No one knows whether he can get out of it in one piece this time. (他闯了大祸. 没人知道他这次是否有办法从困境里平安脱身)

02. in absentia
定义: 缺席.
例句: They presented the award to him in absentia. (在他的缺席下, 他们将此奖颁赠给他. 注: 意指他并没有亲自出席领奖)

03. in accord with
定义: 与...符合一致.
例句: His ideas were fully in accord with mine. (他的想法跟我完全符合. 注: 此句话大意也接近"英雄所见略同"这句成语)

04. in accordance with
定义: 依照, 根据(法律, 协定, 合约, 等等).
例句: In accordance with your request, I am sending a copy of my book. (根据你的请求, 我寄上一本我写的书)

05. in action
定义: 战斗中, 在活动中, 在工作中, 在运转中.
例句: We came to the court to see our country's judicial system in action. (我们来到这个法庭是来见证我们国家司法系统的运作)

06. in actuality
定义: 事实上.
例句: I thought they just arrived, but in actuality they'd been here for an hour. (我以为他们刚刚才到达, 但事实上他们已经在这儿待了有一个钟头了)

07. in addition
定义: 除此之外, 还有.
例句: In addition, I would like for you to sweep the kitchen floor. (除此之外, 我还要你清扫厨房地板)

08. in addition to
定义: 除...之外还有.
例句: There were six people at the meeting in addition to me. (除了我之外, 还有六个人出席这场会议)

09. in advance
定义: 事先, 预先.
例句: There was no way for us to know in advance that these problems would occur. (我们无法事先知道这些问题会发生)

10. in agreement
定义: 想法一致, 一致.
例句: The subject and the verb need to be in agreement with each other. (主语或主词和动词必须要互相一致. 注: 意指如果主词是单数的话, 动词也必须是单数形式来维持一致性, 例如: He likes the idea)

11. in all
定义: 总计, 通通算在一起, 总的来说.
例句: In all, it rained for two hours. (总计, 雨下了两个小时)

12. in all but name
定义: 有实无名; 实为某特性却以另一名称之.
例句: They'd been living together for over ten years. It was a marriage in all but name. (他们两人同居已经超过了十年了. 这是一个有实无名的婚姻. 注: 这里的They'd been = They had been)

13. in all conscience
定义: 凭良心说, 老实说.
例句: I couldn't, in all conscience, ask her to pay the whole bill. (凭良心说, 我忍不下心要她偿付这整笔帐单)

14. in all fairness
例句: In all fairness, she indeed deserves the award. (凭良心说, 她确实配得这项奖)

15. in all honesty
例句: I don't like him, but in all honesty, I don't really know why. (我不喜欢他, 但讲老实话, 我还真不知道为什么不喜欢他)

16. in all likelihood
定义: 很有可能, 没什么疑问.
例句: In all likelihood it will rain tomorrow. (明天很有可能下雨)

17. in all my/one's born days
定义: 在我的一生中, 在我的一辈子里.
例句: I've never seen so much snow, not in all my born days. (我这一辈子从来没见过这么多的雪)

18. in all probability
定义: 很有可能, 相当可能.
例句: We will contact you, in all probability, next week. (我们会跟你联络, 很有可能是下个礼拜)

19. in all seriousness
定义: 很严肃地, 不是开玩笑, 凭良心说, 老实说.
例句: I ask you in all seriousness to reconsider your decision. (我很严肃地请求你再考虑一下你的决定)

20. in an age of ...
定义: 在...(盛行)的时代.
例句: We live in an age of uncertainty. (我们生活在一个不确定的时代)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 37 访客