royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 611

帖子 royl » 周五 9月 25, 2015 2:04 am

二十笔实用成语 611

01. in hot pursuit
定义: 紧追不舍, 近距离不停地追逐.
例句: I just witnessed five perps fled the crime scene with the police in hot pursuit, and the lawmen eventually arrested these crooks. (我刚才亲眼见到了警察紧追五名从犯罪现场逃逸的歹徒, 警察终于逮捕了这些不法之徒)

02. in hot water
定义: 有麻烦, 陷入困境.
例句: The e-mails you wrote complaining about your boss can land you in hot water. (你写的那些抱怨你老板的电子邮件可能会给你带来麻烦)

03. in issue
定义: 讨论中, 研议中, 争议中.
例句: This parcel of land is in issue; it's claimed by several parties. (这块土地仍在争议中; 它同时被数方当事人声称拥有)

04. in it for
定义: 参与某事的原因或目的, 希望取得某个利益.
例句: I'm in it for the boost it will give my career. (我之所以参与这件事是为了它将会给我的事业带来助力)

05. in its infancy
定义: 在萌芽初期或阶段.
例句: A new business in its infancy may not have the resources available to counter fraud and cater to a fraud-prevention system. (一个新开张的生意不一定有足够的资源来对抗诈骗也没法成功地布建一个诈欺预防系统)

06. in its own nature/way
定义: 独特地, 固有的本质地.
例句: The shipping container home is very attractive in its own way. (这栋海运集装箱所组成的房屋拥有它非常独特的吸引力)
图片
海运货柜组装的房屋或海运集装箱房屋

07. in its time
定义: 在当时; 在适当的时间.
例句: Sometimes finding the right person happens in its own time you just have to learn how to be patience. (有时候寻找一个合适的人选碰巧发生在适当的时间, 你只好不得不学习如何有耐性地寻找)

08. in itself
定义: 本身地, 只单考虑这件事本身.
例句: In itself the plan might work, but I doubt that it will be approved. (这个计划本身可能会成功, 但我怀疑它会被批准)

09. in jeopardy
定义: 处于危险.
例句: The wrong decision could place your career in jeopardy. (错误的决定可以将你的事业置于危险境地)

10. in jig time
定义: 很迅速地, 马上.
例句: Supper will be ready in jig time! (晚饭马上就做好了!)

11. in keeping with
定义: 配合, 符合, 遵循.
例句: In keeping with our tradition, we always have fish on Chinese New Year's eve. (为了遵循我们的传统, 我们总是在农历除夕晚上吃鱼. 注: 意指年夜饭里总是有全鱼这道菜以象征"年年有余")
图片
年夜饭里的全鱼

12. in key
定义: 和谐, 搭配.
例句: I think the last sentence needs to be re-written because it's not in key with the rest of the article. (我认为最后一句话需要重写因为它跟这篇文章其他部分不搭配)

13. in kind
定义: 等值地, 以同样方法地, 以实物归还地, 以等值货物或服务取代钱地.
例句: We will pay them back in kind for the use of their sailboat. (我们会以同等价值的物品来偿还我们使用他们帆船的代价)

14. in large measure/part
定义: 很大程度地, 大半, 大量地.
例句: The success of the conference was due in large part to its organizers. (这场会议的成功很大程度上是归功于它的承办人)

15. in later life
定义: 在晚年.
例句: It was in later life that he wrote some of his best poems. (他的最好的一些诗文是在他晚年写的)

16. in layman's terms
定义: 简单浅显地讲, 让外行人也能听得懂的话语.
例句: Can you explain, in layman's terms, what ocean acidification is, and why it's bad? (你能不能以让外行人也能听得懂的话语解释什么是海洋酸化, 以及为什么它是有害的?)

17. in league with
定义: 结盟, 紧密合作, 伙同, 勾结.
例句: The union has been in league with management in trying to build the new factory. (工会和管理阶层紧密地合作, 努力建造这座新工厂)

18. in leaps and bounds
定义: 突飞猛进地, 迅速飙升地. (注: 经常用于形容进步的快速)
例句: The profits of our company are increasing by leaps and bounds. (我们公司的盈利突飞猛进地增涨)

19. in less than no time
定义: 立即地, 瞬间的, 马上.
例句: Don't worry, I'll be there in less than no time. (别担心, 我马上到那儿)

20. in lieu of
定义: 代替, 取代, 不这个而那个.
例句: He gave us an IOU in lieu of cash. (他给我们的是一张借据而不是现金)
图片
借据

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客