royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 612

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 29, 2015 12:05 am

二十笔实用成语 612

01. in light of
定义: 由于, 因为, 鉴于.
例句: In the light of the weather forecast we've canceled the picnic. (由于这条天气预报, 我们已经取消了这场野餐活动)

02. in like Flynn
定义: [俚语]轻易取得, 进展顺利. (注: 澳洲出生的艾洛•弗林是在一九四零年代好莱坞大红星; 此片语直译为像艾洛•弗林一样的风流潇洒可以轻易取得女性倾心爱慕)
例句: "How was your date with Sue?" "I was in like Flynn." ("你跟苏的约会进行得怎样了?" "进展很顺利.")

03. in limbo
定义: 处于不确定或过渡期间; 处于被束之高阁或被忘却状况.
例句: After graduating from college, he was in limbo for a while, trying to decide what to do next. (大学毕业以后, 他处于过渡期间一阵子, 试图决定下一步该怎么做)

04. in line
定义: 与...符合, 一致; 将得到, 轮到; 在适当的范围内; 排队等待.
例句: Patients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis, so you need to wait in line. (医生是以先来先服务的原则看病人, 因此你须要排队等待)

05. in line for
定义: 将得到, 轮到.
例句: He's in line for a promotion. (他将要升职了)

06. in line of duty
定义: 在执勤中, 在执行任务或工作中.
例句: The police officer, a veteran who served in the US Air Force for 11 years, was shot and wounded in the line of duty while chasing a suspect. (这位警官, 曾在美国空军服役十一年的退伍军人,他在追捕一名嫌犯的执勤中受到枪伤)

07. in line with
定义: 配合, 符合; 由于; 相似, 同一水平.
例句: Of all the cars in the dealer's lot, the red one is more in line with what I had in mind. (这个经销商停车场这么多的车子里, 那部红色的更符合我所想要的车子)

08. in lockstep
定义: 同步进展, 维持一致, 一步一趋.
例句: I have my own beliefs, and I don't march in lockstep with the mainstream. (我有我自己的信念, 我并不保持与主流思想同步一致)

09. in love
定义: 坠入爱河.
例句: Peter's in love with Wendy, but Wendy's in love with Tom. (彼得爱上了温蒂, 但温蒂却爱上了汤姆)

10. in low spirits
定义: 情绪低落, 郁闷.
例句: I could tell he was in low spirits by the look on his face. (我可以从他脸上的表情看出他情绪低落)

11. in luck, be
定义: 走运, 幸运.
例句: I think that we are in luck. I have found two tickets for the concert. (我想我们走运了. 我找到了两张演唱会门票)

12. in major disrepair
定义: 破损不堪, 年久失修.
例句: Her family lives in a two-bedroom single-family home built in 1966, which was in major disrepair. (她家住在一栋建于1966年破损不堪的两居室单一家庭房子)

13. in many ways
定义: 许多方式, 在许多方面.
例句: He was in many ways a remarkable man and he undoubtedly exercised a great influence on people around him. (他在许多方面是个非凡的人, 无疑地他对他周遭的人发挥了巨大的影响)

14. in many/other/different parts of the world
定义: 在世界许多部分/其他部分/不同部分.
例句: I have been to at least thirty countries. I was able to gain a different perspective on life in different parts of the world. (我去过起码三十个国家. 我能够在世界各地生活中取得了不同的看法)

15. in memory of
定义: 纪念, 怀念.
例句: The monument is in memory of the soldiers who died in battle on this field. (这个纪念碑是纪念在这片战场阵亡的士兵)

16. in military parlance
定义: 以军事术语或说法. (注: 这里的军事只是一个例子, 我们可以用许多其他的领域来取代)
例句: In computer parlance, "a bug" means "a problem that prevents a computer program or system from working properly." (在电脑术语中, "一个错误"是指"一个致使电脑或系统无法正确地运作的问题.")

17. in mint condition
定义: 情况极好, 跟新的一样.
例句: I always keep my car in mint condition. (我一直将我的车子维持在极好的情况下)

18. in more ways than one
定义: 不止一方面, 不止一个意思, 不止一种办法, 不止一个方式.
例句: Car salesmen will take you for a ride in more ways than one. (汽车销售员会以不止一种办法玩弄诡计让你多付钱. 注: 在美国买车有经验的人都会告诉你, 汽车销售员有许多办法让你一不小心就中了计, 多付了钱)

19. in motion
定义: 移动中, 进行中.
例句: She's a very busy person who's constantly in motion. (她是个非常忙碌的人, 不断地到处奔波)

20. in my day
定义: 在我年轻时候.
例句: Kids take so much for granted nowadays. In my day, a new bike was really special. (当今的小孩把许多的事物当成理所当然的. 在我年轻的时候, 一部全新的自行车就相当了不得了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客