royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 614

帖子 royl » 周四 10月 08, 2015 6:14 pm

二十笔实用成语 614

01. in one fell swoop
定义: 同时地, 一举, 一下子.
例句: Our TV ad is very effective. In one fell swoop we create doubts about the other products and sell our own. (我们的电视广告具有奇效. 一方面我们造成人们对其他产品的不信任同时又卖出了我们的产品)

02. in one go
定义: 一口气, 不停地. (注: go在此与attempt同义, 因此in one go就是in one attempt)
例句: Do not take three pills in one go. You have to take one pill three times a day, preferably with food to prevent the chance of upset stomach. (别一口气服下三片药丸. 你必须一天服三次药,最好是跟着食物一起服下这样才可以避免伤胃)

03. in one piece
定义: 完整的, 平平安安地, 没损坏, 没受伤.
例句: I'm glad the kids arrived home in one piece from the outdoor trip. (我很高兴小朋友从野外郊游平平安安地回家)

04. in one's (best) interest
定义: 为了或符合某人(最佳)利益或助益.
例句: I believe it's in your own best interest to retire now. (我认为你现在退休是符合你的最佳利益)

05. in one's birthday suit
定义: [幽默语]赤裸裸, 一丝不挂. (注: birthday suit直译为出生时的衣服但出生时赤裸裸并没穿衣物)
例句: When we were kid, we used to go down to the river and swim in our birthday suits. (我们小时候经常去河边赤裸裸地游泳)

06. in one's blood
定义: 与生俱来的.
例句: Don't trust Tom. It's in his blood to lie, and he'll never change. (别相信汤姆. 他天生就爱胡说八道, 他是改不了的)

07. in one's book
定义: 在你的意见或看法里.
例句: Just kidding buddy, you know you're a great guy in my book. (哥儿们, 我只是跟你开玩笑滴, 你是知道在我眼中你是一个我推崇的人)

08. in one's care
定义: 在你的照顾, 注意, 管理, 监督与保护.
例句: I can go on vacation and not have to worry about my dog​​s while in your care. (有你来照顾我的狗狗们, 我就可以放心地去渡假了)

09. in one's clutch
定义: 在某人牢牢的控制之下.
例句: They were powerless to oppose him. He had them in his clutches. (他们无能为力去反抗他. 他把他们置于牢牢的控制中)

10. in one's cups
定义: 喝醉了.
例句: When he was in his cups he would recite lines of Li Bai's poetry in a loud voice. (当他喝醉的时候他便大声地朗诵李白的诗句)

11. in one's early thirties, be
定义: 三十出头年纪. (注: 意指他/她大约是三十一,二岁左右)
例句: Tommy is a man in his early thirties, and the oldest of Jason's three sons. (汤米三十出头, 他是杰森三个儿子的老大)

12. in one's element
定义: 处在你的自然, 自在, 自信的环境; 做自己喜欢并擅长的事.
例句: Lilian is in her element being in charge of the new sales department. (莉莲轻松自在地管理着这个新销售部门)

13. in one's favor
定义: 受人喜欢, 博人欢心; 对你有利, 处于优势.
例句: The timing was in my favor and I was ready. My efforts had paid off, and I was happy with the outcome. (这个时机对我有利而且我也准备好了. 我的努力取得了成果, 我很满意这个结果)

14. in one's glory
定义: 在你得意满足的时刻; 处于快乐, 成功或美好的状态.
例句: When I go to the beach on vacation, I'm in my glory. (每当我去海滩渡假时, 我很享受这些美好的时光)

15. in one's good books/graces
定义: 受人喜欢, 博人欢心或好感.
例句: I have been in her good books since I helped her with her homework last month. (自从上个月我帮她解决了功课上的问题之后, 她对我产生了好感)

16. in one's heart of hearts
定义: 内心深处的感觉尤其是真心想法; 重中之重.
例句: It's a attractive job offer, but in my heart of hearts I don't want to leave this city. (它是一个诱人的工作机会, 但我的真心想法是我不想离开这个城市)

17. in one's honest opinion
定义: 老实说, 依你坦诚看法.
例句: This seafood restaurant, in my honest opinion, is the most delicious in our neighborhood. (老实说, 这家海鲜餐厅是我们附近做的最好吃的一家)

18. in one's late thirties, be
定义: 三十底年纪. (注: 意指他/她大约是三十八, 九岁左右)
例句: Maria is a plump, fresh-faced woman in her late thirties. Her limited English poses no impediment to communication. (玛丽亚是个体态丰腴, 稚气未脱, 年纪三十底的女子. 她的英语能力有限但与人交谈没有障碍)

19. in one's line of sight/vision
定义: 在视线内.
例句: It was in my line of sight for maybe 25 seconds. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me and was not able to take a video. (它停留在我​​的视线内将近二十五秒钟. 不幸的是, 我的摄影机不在身边所以没法拍摄一段录像)

20. in one's midst
定义: 处于...中, 被...所环绕, 正在做某事当中.
例句: I sensed a traitor in our midst. (我察觉出有一个叛徒潜伏我们中间)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客