royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 615

帖子 royl » 周日 10月 11, 2015 12:43 pm

二十笔实用成语 615

01. in one's mind
定义: 依你看来, 在你的想法里.
例句: There is absolutely no doubt in my mind he's going to accomplish big things. (在我看来, 他毫无疑问将会成就大事)

02. in one's mind's eye
定义: 在你的想像中, 心境中或记忆里.
例句: In your mind's eye try and imagine that you are on a nice sunny beach in Hawaii. (在你的心境中, 你试着想像你身处在阳光灿烂的夏威夷海滩)

03. in one's neck of the woods
定义: 在你的周遭或附近地区.
例句: He's the richest guy in our neck of the woods. (他是我们附近这一带最有钱的家伙)

04. in one's own backyard
定义: 在你的势力范围; 在你的后院或附近.
例句: People often say, "I care, I have a compassionate heart. I'm all for homeless shelters, but not in my own backyard." (人们常说, "我关怀别人, 我有一颗同情心. 我完全赞成设立无家可归者的收容所, 但是别设在我家附近就好.")

05. in one's own (good) time
定义: 依照你自己觉得适当的时机或速度.
例句: Don't hassle him! He'll do it in his own good time. (别找他麻烦! 他会依照他自己的速度来做这个工作)

06. in one's own (little) world
定义: 在沉思中或精神集中时刻, 没有注意周遭事物.
例句: That boy never knows what's going on around him. It's like he lives in his own world. (那个男孩从来就不知道他周边发生了什么事. 他像似对周遭事物浑然不知)

07. in one's own name
定义: 代表自己, 以自己名义, 由自己负责.
例句: I am applying for individual credit in my own name and relying on my own income or assets for repayment of the credit requested. (我以自己的名义申请个人信用并依靠自己的收入或资产来偿还所申请的信用贷款)

08. in one's own right
定义: 凭自己的努力, 天赋, 本领或条件.
例句: Her husband is a well-known novelist, but she is a successful writer in her own right. (她的丈夫是一位鼎鼎有名的小说作家, 但她凭着自己的努力也是一位成功作家)

09. in one's own time
定义: 在自己私人时间, 不在上班时间.
例句: I took on the project and did it in my own time knowing that it would be a rewarding learning experience. (确信这将是一个受益匪浅的学习经验, 我承接了这个工作项目并利用自己私人时间开展工作)

10. in one's own words
定义: 用自己的话叙述.
例句: All these adventures, recounted in his own words in his autobiography, will resonate with future generations. (所有这些勇于冒险的事迹, 在他自传里用他自己的话叙述, 将会给子孙后代带来深远的影响)

11. in one's pocket
定义: 听命你的指使, 成为你的工具, 受到你强大影响.
例句: If you think you still have her in your pocket, you are gravely mistaken! (如果你认为你对她仍然具有强大影响力的话, 你大错特错!)

12. in one's possession
定义: 为...所拥有.
例句: The watch was stolen, I don't have it in my possession any longer. (这只表被人偷走了, 我不再拥有它了)

13. in one's power
定义: 听命你的指使, 由你决定或裁决; 有能力去做, 尽你一切力量.
例句: It's in your power to change the way things are done here. (你有能力改变这里行事的方式)

14. in one's prime
定义: 处于全盛时期, 正值盛年.
例句: She plans to retire in two years, but she's still in her prime. (她计划在两年内退休, 但她还正值盛年)

15. in one's right mind/senses
定义: 头脑清醒, 精神正常.
例句: If you were in your right mind, you wouldn't be saying such stupid things to my parents. (如果你头脑是清醒的话, 你决不会跟我父母说这种愚蠢的话)

16. in one's shell
定义: 沉默, 退缩或不愿参与活动.
例句: He lost confidence in himself and retreated into his shell. (他失去了自信, 他开始沉默和退缩)

17. in one's shirtsleeves
定义: 只穿衬衫, 没穿西装上衣或外套.
例句: Summer had come early, and we were in our shirtsleeves, sitting at the bench outside. (夏季提早来到, 我们穿着衬衫坐在外面的板凳)
图片
穿着衬衫

18. in one's sights
定义: 在视线内, 看见; 在(枪的)准星下, 成为你的打击目标.
例句: Don't worry, she has been in my sight the whole time. (别担心, 这整段时间我一直在注意着她. 注: 意指我一直盯着这个小女孩, 或者她一直没离开我的视线)

19. in one's stocking feet
定义: 穿着袜子(不是穿鞋子).
例句: Be careful of glass splinters if you walk through here in your stocking feet. (如果你穿着袜子走过来的话, 小心地上尖锐的玻璃碎片)
图片
穿着袜子

20. in one's way
定义: 依照自己独特的方式.
例句: She's brusque but kind in her own way. (她为人粗暴但她以自己独特的方式对人温柔友善)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 83 访客