royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 616

帖子 royl » 周四 10月 15, 2015 2:05 am

二十笔实用成语 616

01. in orbit
定义: (航天器)在轨道运行中; [俚语]欢欣鼓舞, 欣喜若狂; 醉醺醺.
例句: John went into orbit when he got his first payroll check in the mail. (当约翰收到他第一张薪水支票的时候, 他欣喜若狂)

02. in order
定义: 整齐, 秩序井然, 有顺序.
例句: Hundreds of families are struggling to put their lives back in order after the earthquake. (地震之后, 数百个家庭正努力把他们的生活回归到正常的秩序)

03. in order that/to
定义: 为了..., 以便, 目的在于...
例句: I'm going on a diet in order to lose weight. (为了减肥, 我正在节食)

04. in other ways
定义: 在其他方面. (注: in other ways与in other parts同义)
例句: In some ways Roman religion is a lot like Greek religion, but in other ways it is very different. (某些方面罗马人的宗教跟希腊人的宗教很相似, 但其他方面它们却非常不一样)

05. in other words
定义: 换句话说.
例句: In other words, if you don't finish the assignment by Wednesday you will not pass the course. (换句话说, 如果你没有在星期三以前写好这个作业的话, 这门课你将被评定为不及格)

06. in over one's head
定义: 太难了, 没法应付; 陷入无力解决的困境.
例句: Calculus is very hard for me. I'm in over my head. (微积分对我来说太难了. 我没法应付)

07. in parallel with
定义: 与...平行, 同时或同步, 与...许多相似之处.
例句: Prices are rising in parallel with increasing fuel costs. (燃料成本增加的同时, 物价也跟着上涨)

08. in part
定义: 某些程度上, 部分上.
例句: I think the reason he is not golfing well this year is in part due to his problem with his back. (我想他今年的高尔夫球之所有打得不理想某些程度上是因为他的背部问题所引起的)

09. in particular
定义: 特别的, 特殊的; 尤其是, 特别是.
例句: Heavy rains, in the Rio Grande Valley in particular, have driven up the price of strawberries. (豪雨袭击, 尤其是里奥格兰大峡谷, 造成草莓价格上涨)

10. in parts
定义: 有些部份. (注: in parts与some parts of同义)
例句: In parts of the US, supper and dinner are considered synonyms, but elsewhere dinner is the midday meal, akin to lunch, and supper, the evening meal. (对部分美国人来说, supper和dinner被视为同义字, 但对别处的美国人来说, dinner是指午餐与lunch类似, 而supper是指晚餐)

11. in passing
定义: 偶然地, 不经意地, 顺便地.
例句: She mentioned in passing that she was studying law. (她不经意地谈到她正在研读法学)

12. in perfect condition
定义: 完美状况的, 新的一样的.
例句: This book is lightly used and is in perfect condition. (这本书被稍微地使用过, 它的状况跟新的一样)

13. in perfect form
定义: 完美无缺; 维妙维肖.
例句: You can do this workout by yourself in perfect form without requiring a trainer. (你可以不需要教练的指导, 完美无缺地做好这个健身运动)

14. in perpetuity
定义: 永远地, 永久地.
例句: The land will be passed on from generation to generation in perpetuity. (这片土地将会永远地一代接一代地传承下去)

15. in person
定义: 本人, 亲自, 第一手.
例句: Tom was there in person witnessing the wall coming down in 1989. (一九八九年, 汤姆在那儿亲自见证了围墙的倒塌)

16. in phase
定义: [英国]互相协调, 同步, 协同或和谐.
例句: When the two waves are perfectly in phase with each other, their signals augment each other. (当两股电波完美地形成互相同步时, 它们的信号强度相互增强)

17. in place
定义: 各方面已经到位, 准备好了; 在原来的位置, 没有改变.
例句: Be sure to have the money in place before you buy a house. (在你买一栋房屋之前, 务必先把钱准备好)

18. in place of
定义: 代替; 而不是, 宁可要...而不愿要...
例句: Use milk in place of water for creamier hot chocolate. (用牛奶而不是水才能使巧克力热饮更浓郁)
图片
巧克力热饮

19. in place, the
定义: 最新流行的去处.
例句: It is without a doubt the in place to go for music and booze after work. (它毫无疑问是个下班之后享受音乐和饮酒的最新流行去处)

20. in plain English/language
定义: 大白话, 以简单易懂的话来说.
例句: Can someone care to explain in plain English what a transistor is and how it works? (那一位能够以大白话来解释什么是晶体管以及它如何工作?)
图片
晶体管

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客