royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 629

帖子 royl » 周一 11月 16, 2015 8:06 am

二十笔实用成语 629

01. in the trenches
定义: 在战壕; 在第一线; 处于艰苦工作的地方或状况.
例句: I hope our boss understands the difficulties we face here in the trenches. (我希望我们老板了解到我们在第一线工作所面临的艰苦)

02. in the twinkle of an eye; in the twinkling; in the twinkling of an eye
定义: 眨眼之间, 一瞬间, 瞬息间.
例句: I don't know about your life. But I know that it can change in the twinkling of an eye. (我不知道你的生命轨迹是如何. 但我知道它可以在一瞬间改变)

03. in the unlikely event
定义: 万一不可能的事故一旦发生. (注: 意指不怕一万只怕万一的情况发生)
例句: In the unlikely event of my getting the job, I'll have to buy a car to get there everyday. ​​(虽然这个可能性不高, 但万一我获得了这个工作的话, 我必须要买部车子才能每天去那儿上班)

04. in the wake of
定义: 紧随...经过路线之后, 随后; 留下的后果.
例句: In the wake of the large number of people who have recently left our company, we will need to hire some more people. (紧随大量员工离开我们公司之后, 我们将需要招聘更多人)

05. in the wars
定义: [英国与澳洲]幽默的描述小朋友打架, 碰撞或受伤.
例句: You've got a cut on your arm as well, you poor thing. You really have been in the wars! (你的手臂上也有割伤, 你这个可怜的孩子. 你受了这么多伤!)

06. in the way
定义: 挡路, 阻碍; 在将要遇到的路上或未来.
例句: Either you're in or you're in the way. (你要么加入我们, 要么就是挡我们的路. 注: 这里要​​提醒读者, 当either和or被同时使用的时候, 你的选择只有两个没有第三个选择)

07. in the way of something
定义: 与...相似; 与...有关.
例句: Do you have anything in the way of house plants that don't need much light? (你有没有跟室内植物类似的不需要大量阳光的植物?)

08. in the whole wide world
定义: 全世界, 世界上. (注: in the whole wide world跟in the world同一意义)
例句: I felt like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world that day. ​​(我觉得那一天我是世界上最幸运的女孩)

09. in the wind
定义: 将要发生的, 将要来的.
例句: It is in the wind that they are planning to open a new store next year. (他们计划明年将要开一家新店面)

10. in the wings
定义: 隐藏于舞台两侧; 近在咫尺, 随时待命.
例句: There are at least a dozen young managers waiting in the wings for Tom to retire. (起码有十几个人年轻经理们正在等待汤姆退休以便取代他的职位)

11. in the wink of an eye
定义: 贬眼之间, 瞬息之间.
例句: In the wink of an eye, the coin disappeared from the man's hand. (贬眼之间, 这枚硬币从这个人的手上消失)

12. in the works
定义: 将要择期开始, 在开发中, 在进行中, 在完成中.
例句: Plans are in the works for building three new schools in the area. (在这个地区建造三座新学校的计划正在进行中)

13. in the world
定义: 世界上, 人间; 另, 与其他字联合时作为究竟之意. (例如: 究竟什么, what in the world...; 究竟为什么, why in the world...等等)
例句: What in the world are you talking about? (你究竟在说什么呀? 我真不知道你在说什么?)

14. in the world's spotlight
定义: 成为全世界焦点; 在全世界观注下.
例句: It's very rare that our city is in the world's spotlight. (我们这个城市成为全世界的焦点是非常罕见的)

15. in the worst possible way
定义: 最坏的方式/形式/手段.
例句: In spite of all efforts, the situation ended in the worst possible way. His lover left him to marry another man, and he discovered the news months later. (尽管付出了所有的努力, 这个情况还是以最恶劣的方式结束. 他的爱人遗弃了他嫁给另外一个男人, 而他却在几个月之后才得知这个消息)

16. in the worst way
定义: 急切地; 非常地.
例句: Wayne wants a Porsche in the worst way. He loves sports cars. (韦恩非常渴望一辆保时捷. 他热爱跑车)

17. in the wrong
定义: 错误的, 要负责的.
例句: The driver was in the wrong and was arrested by the police after the accident. (这场车祸的肇事者是这名驾驶人, 他事后被警方逮捕)

18. in the wrong place at the wrong time
定义: 不幸在错误的时间与错误的地点. (注: 意指礼貌性的归咎某人在某时某地遭到不幸)
例句: It isn't my fault. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. (这不是我的错. 我只是不幸碰上了错误的时间与错误的地点)

19. in the zone
定义: 准备妥善, 处于最佳或巅峰状态.
例句: My first two shots were good, and I was really in the zone for the game. (我头两个射篮还不错, 我在这场比赛上确实处于最佳状态)

20. in their present condition
定义: 在他们的现况下.
例句: We can't sell these cars in their present condition. (以它们现在的状况来看, 我们没法卖掉这些车子)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客