royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 630

帖子 royl » 周三 11月 18, 2015 5:38 pm

二十笔实用成语 630

01. in theory; theoretically speaking
定义: 理论上.
例句: I agree with you in theory, but realistically I don't think we have the time to do that. (理论上我同意你, 但实际上我不认为我们有足够的时间做那件事)

02. in there pitching
定义: 竭尽全力的.
例句: Just stay in there pitching, you'll make some progress eventually. (只要尽力而为, 你终究会取得一些进步)

03. in these parts
定义: 这个地区.
例句: We haven't seen any major supermarkets in these parts. (在这个地区我们看不到任何大型超市)

04. in thing (to do), the
定义: 最新流行的事或物.
例句: Eating low-fat food is the in thing to do. (吃清淡低脂食物是最新流行的趋势)

05. in this case
定义: 在这件事上; 既然这样.
例句: In this case, I'll make an exception for you, just once. (既然这样, 我就给你法外通融, 就这一次)

06. in this day and age
定义: 当今, 在现在这个时代.
例句: "Tax burden keeps going up and up." "What do you expect in this day and age?" ("税务负担一直上涨." "在当今这个时代你还能指望什么?")

07. in this era of
定义: 在这个...时代.
例句: In this era of division and dysfunction, few politicians are above 55 percent or so. (在这个意见分歧和不正常的时代, 很少政客取得百分之五十五或以上的支持度)

08. in this neck of the woods
定义: 在这个周遭或附近地区.
例句: I'm surprised to see you in this neck of the woods. What brings you here? There's no scenery like this in your neck of the woods, is there? (我很惊讶看到你来到附近这一带. 什么风把你吹来? 你们那儿附近没有像这样的景色吧?)

09. in this part of the country
定义: 在我们这边, 在我们这地区.
例句: It seldom snows in this part of the country. (我们这个地区很少下雪)

10. in this regard/respect
定义: 在这个方面, 在这件事上.
例句: I always had enough to eat, so I was much better off in this regard than many poor children in our neighborhood. (我总是有丰足的食物可吃, 因此在这方面, 我比我们附近的穷困儿童要好许多)

11. in this situation
定义: 在这个情况下.
例句: In this situation, it wouldn't help if you start shouting or losing your cool. (在这个情况下, 不论你大呼小叫或是大发雷霆都是没用的)

12. in those days
定义: (论及过去)在那个年代.
例句: In those days, people had large families. (在那个年代, 人们都是儿女成群)

13. in thrall to
定义: 成为...奴隶, 屈服于.
例句: He is cool as a cucumber and not in thrall to his emotions. (他沉着冷静, 不会意气用事)

14. in time
定义: 及时, 终将, 迟早, 不急不徐, 步调恰好.
例句: I didn't come home in time to meet my brother's new girlfriend. (我没有及时地赶回家跟我哥哥的新女友见面)

15. in time to the music
定义: 配合着音乐节奏.
例句: He seems to be entirely absorbed in this melodic enchantment and dances in a slow rhythmical way in time to the music. (他似乎完全沉醉在这个美妙旋律的魔力里, 并且配合着音乐节奏, 缓慢有韵律地起舞)

16. in times of crisis
定义: 危机时刻.
例句: In times of crisis, you find out who your real friends are. (在危机的时刻, 你才会发现谁是患难见真情的朋友)

17. in times past
定义: 在过去.
例句: Looking at old portrait photographs, you inevitably come to the conclusion that people scarcely used to smile in the past. (看看旧的肖像照片, 你必然会得出在过去人们几乎是不苟言笑的结论)

18. in tip-top shape/condition
定义: 在最佳状况下.
例句: I can tell that this car is in tip-top shape. (我可以看得出这部车的状况极佳)

19. in token of
定义: 作为...象征, 作为心意.
例句: I'm giving you this ring in token of my love and devotion. (我送给你这只戒指作为表达我的热爱和忠贞的心意)
图片
新郎给新娘套上结婚戒指

20. in too deep
定义: 深陷麻烦​​不能自拔, 严重地涉入, 深度涉入.
例句: He wanted to get out of the deal, but he was in too deep. (他想退出这笔生意, 但他已涉入太深不易自拔)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客