royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 631

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 21, 2015 2:06 am

二十笔实用成语 631

01. in toto
定义: 完全地, 整体来说.
例句: The available information amounts to very little value in toto. (这些可以取得的资料整体来说没有多少价值)

02. in touch
定义: 保持联络.
例句: Are you still in touch with your family in China? (你还跟你在中国的家人保持联络吗?)

03. in tow
定义: 被引导, 被保护, 追随某人; (车辆或船只)被拖曳的.
例句: Driving with a trailer in tow is a big responsibility and one that motorists should take seriously. (驾驶拖曳拖车的车辆是一件重任, 也是驾驶人应该严肃面对的任务)
图片
拖曳拖车的卡车

04. in train
定义: 仍旧活跃/存在/有效/具有作用, 正在进行中.
例句: This is nothing new, as a matter of fact, the present crisis in that country has been in train for years. (这种事情以前发生过, 目前的危机其实已经存在多年了)

05. in transit
定义: 过境, 路过, 运送过程中, 转变, 变迁.
例句: The items I ordered got lost in transit. The online seller agreed to send them again. (我所订购的商品在运送过程中遗失了. 这家网路销售商同意再寄一批物品给我)

06. in trouble
定义: 陷入困难, 尴尬, 进退两难困境.
例句: The US manufacturing has been in trouble since the political establishment embraced the policy of economic globalization. (自从政府当权派支持全球化经济政策以来, 美国的制造业一直处于困境)

07. in trust
定义: 信托, 委托他人代为管理.
例句: The property will be held in trust until her 18th birthday. ​​(在她十八岁生日之前, 这些财产将委托他人代为管理)

08. in truth
定义: 事实上, 实际上.
例句: She said she was feeling fine, but in truth she was very ill. (虽然她说她没有感觉不舒适, 但实际上她病得很严重)

09. in tune
定义: 和谐, 一致的; 互相了解; [音乐上]音调和谐的.
例句: The new supervisor is not in tune with the needs of the staff. (这名新主管并不了解他员工的需要)

10. in turn; in turns
定义: 依次, 轮流, 转而, 反过来, 转换.
例句: I support him and expect that he, in turn, will support me in the future. (我抚养他并且指望他在未来也会反过来供养我)

11. in two
定义: 分成两部分地, 成两半地.
例句: She cut the steak in two. (她把这片牛排切成两份)

12. in two minds about something
定义: 犹豫不决, 三心两意的, 踌躇不定.
例句: My son is in two minds about whether or not he will come and visit me this summer. (我儿子还在犹豫不决是否这个暑假过来探望我)

13. in two minutes flat
定义: 正好两分钟内. (注: flat在此意为正好, 不多不少)
例句: I enjoy home cooking and I can make a creamy prawn spaghetti in ten minutes flat. (我喜欢做家常饭菜, 我能够在整整十分钟内做好一道奶油明虾义大利面)
图片
奶油明虾义大利面

14. in two shakes; in two shakes of a lamb's tail
定义: 很快, 马上.
例句: I'll be ready in two shakes. (我马上就准备好了)

15. in twos; in pairs
定义: 成双, 成对, 两人一组.
例句: You will be working in twos. (你们将分成两人一组工作)

16. in uncharted territory/waters; into uncharted territory/waters
定义: 在陌生, 未知领域. (注: 意指你不知道该如何)
例句: I hate to remind you this, but our discussion just moved into uncharted waters. (我实在不愿意提醒你, 但我们的讨论刚才进入了陌生的领域. 注: 意指因为进入了陌生的领域, 这个讨论将会失去意义)

17. in unison
定义: 协同一致, 谐和地; 同时地.
例句: The students responded in unison to the teacher's questions. (这群学生异口同声地回应老师的问题)

18. in use, be
定义: 现在正有人使用.
例句: The bathroom is in use right now. (这间厕所现在正有人使用)
图片
厕所正有人使用

19. in vain
定义: 徒劳无功地, 徒然地; 不敬地, 亵渎神明地.
例句: He tried in vain to find his dream job but it was next to impossible. (他徒劳无功地努力寻求他的梦想工作但这几乎是不可能的事)

20. in view of
定义: 有关于...; 虑及...; 鉴于...
例句: His current support of the plan is surprising in view of his earlier opposition. (鉴于他早先的反对, 他现在对这个计划的支持令人讶异)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 39 访客