royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 632

帖子 royl » 周四 11月 26, 2015 8:30 am

二十笔实用成语 632

01. in vogue
定义: 风行的, 流行的, 时尚的.
例句: Ripped jeans are in vogue right now. (破洞牛仔裤现在正流行)
图片
破洞牛仔裤

02. in want of
定义: 需要, 缺少.
例句: The car is in want of new tires. (这部车需要新轮胎)

03. In what regard?
[成语句型]有关于哪方面的事宜?

04. in which case
定义: 假如是这样的话, 在这个情况下.
例句: The state's economy was terrible. In which case, many college graduates were forced to move elsewhere in order to find jobs. (这一州的经济糟透了. 在这个情况下, 许多大学毕业生为了找工作不得不迁移到别州)

05. in with, be
定义: 与...愉快相处, 与...熟悉交往或厮混.
例句: I think that he was in with the wrong group of youths when he was in high school. (我认为他在读高中的时候跟一群不良少年厮混)

06. in words of one syllable
定义: 以简洁, 浅易的话使人易懂.
例句: Could you show me in words of one syllable how to operate this electron microscope? (你可不可以使用浅显易懂的话来教我如果操作这台电子显微镜?)

07. in work
定义: 有正常工作或职业的; 在工作中.
例句: Many people who are in work but on a very low income. (许多人虽然有正常工作但收入低微)

08. in writing
定义: 白纸黑字的, 书面的, 有文件为凭的.
例句: The manufacturer guarantees this pen for life. I have it in writing. (这只笔的制造商保固期是永久的. 我有文件为凭的)

09. in years to come
定义: 将来, 在未来数年, 在未来的岁月里.
例句: In years to come people will admire the trees that we planted today. ​​(在未来的岁月里, 人们将会敬佩我们今天所种植的这批树木)

10. In your dreams!
定义: [惊叹语]不可能! 痴心妄想! 做你的春秋大梦! (注: 表示某人的想法不切实际)
例句: "Maybe my parents will lend me the car tonight." "In your dreams!" ("也许我父母会把这部车子借给我今晚用." "不可能!")

11. in/during/over the course of
定义: 在...的期间或过程中.
例句: The insurance covers you if you are injured in the course of your employment. (如果你在雇用期间受了伤害, 这份保险将会赔偿你的损失)

12. in/into care
定义: [英国](论及儿童)由政府或育幼院所抚育, 照顾. (注: 意指父母死亡或无力抚养的儿童交由政府或育幼院来抚育)
例句: Both children were taken into care when their parents died. (当他们父母双亡时, 这两名儿童被送入育幼院抚育)

13. in dangerous territory/waters; into dangerous territory/waters
定义: 进入危险领域, 水域或状况, 处于艰困或复杂情况.
例句: We are entering into dangerous waters whenever we discuss religion in public. (每当我们在公共场合讨论宗教话题的时候, 我们无异于步入险境. 注: 世界上有许多对宗教狂热或因宗教发生战争和杀戮的地区, 公开议论宗教之类的敏感话题无异自寻死路)

14. in/into high gear
定义: 处于高速行驶状态, 活动进入最忙碌, 紧张状态.
例句: We worked in high gear in order to finish the project before the deadline. (为了在截止日期之前把这份工作项目完成, 我们投入全力加速工作)

15. inalienable rights
定义: 与生俱来的权利, 不可分割的权利, 不可转让的权利.
例句: Inalienable rights are natural born rights, therefore they are not given to us by government, and can not be taken away by government. (与生俱来的权利是天生的权利, 因此它们不是政府所给予的权利并且也不可能被政府剥夺而去)

16. inasmuch as
定义: 因为, 因...之故, 由于, 到达某种程度上.
例句: They abide by the rules only inasmuch as it suits them. (只要这条规则到达符合他们需求的程度上, 他们就会遵守规则)

17. inch along, to
定义: 逐渐地移动, 一点接一点向前.
例句: The traffic was inching along at no more than a mile an hour. (这条路的交通流量以仅仅一英哩的时速一点点地移动)

18. inch by inch
定义: 很缓慢地, 逐步地, 一点接一点地.
例句: We made our way inch by inch through the darkened corridor. (我们缓慢地移动走出了这条黑漆漆的走廊)

19. incline one's ear, to
定义: 倾听.
例句: The old man graciously inclined his ear to his granddaughter's story. (这位老人家亲切地倾听他孙女诉说的故事)

20. inclined to/toward, be
定义: 有意, 想要; 倾向于某意见或想法.
例句: I'm inclined to leave early, if that's OK with you. (如果你不介意的话, 我想早一点离开)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 60 访客