royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 663

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 12, 2016 10:17 pm

二十笔实用成语 663

01. keep a low profile, to
定义: 保持低调, 采取低姿态, 不张扬.
例句: He plans to keep a low profile until the trial is over. (他打算在这场法院审讯结束之前保持低调)

02. keep a promise, to
定义: 保守承诺.
例句: You can depend on Jimmy to keep a promise. He's reliable. (你可以信赖吉米遵守他的承诺. 他是可靠的)

03. keep a secret, to
定义: 保守秘密.
例句: I have been trying to keep a secret about her boyfriend for a long time now. (我一直长期地尽力保守有关她男友的秘密)

04. keep a sharp lookout for, to
定义: 密切注意, 当心, 留意某人, 事或物.
例句: Recently Tom is behaving a bit oddly, so keep a sharp lookout for him. (最近汤姆表现有点怪异, 密切留意他的动向)

05. keep a stiff upper lip, to
定义: (面临逆境时)咬紧牙关, 坚定不移, 表现果决与无惧态度.
例句: We tried hard to keep a stiff upper lip in spite of the hardships of the depression. (尽管经济萧条带来的艰苦我们仍努力地咬紧牙关面对逆境)

06. keep a straight face, to
定义: 板着脸不带表情特别是忍住不笑.
例句: Honestly, I think Jack was in a way very brave. Anyway, I couldn't keep a straight face when I praised him. (老实说, 我觉得杰克在某种程度上很勇敢. 尽管如此, 我没法板着脸忍住不笑地赞扬他)

07. keep a tight rein on, to
定义: 严格地管理, 管制或约束.
例句: We always keep our children on a tight rein. (我们一直严格地约束我们的儿女)

08. keep a watch on, to
定义: 密切注意, 尤其作为哨兵或保护者.
例句: We will keep a watch on him in case he gets worse. (我们会密切注意他以防他的情况恶化)

09. keep a watch out for, to
定义: 密切注意, 观注或监视某人, 事或物.
例句: The police told residents to keep a watch out for a black van. (警方告知居民要密切注意一部黑色厢型车)

10. keep a weather eye on/open/out, to
定义: 密切注意, 随时警惕.
例句: I want you to keep a weather eye on the situation and report any major developments to me at once. (我要你密切注意这里的情况, 如果有任何重大发展马上跟我报告)

11. keep abreast of, to
定义: 跟上某事的最新资讯或发展.
例句: It is getting difficult to keep abreast of all the advancements in technology in today's world. (想要跟得上现今世界所有的科技进展变得越来越难)

12. keep after, to
定义: 努力不懈; 不停地提醒某人.
例句: My wife kept after me to quit smoking, so I finally did. (我太太不停地提醒我戒烟, 因此我最终戒了烟)

13. keep an even keel, to
定义: 保持平常心, 表现从容明智.
例句: Customer Service needs people who can keep an even keel. (客服部门需要雇用的是能够保持平常心的人们)

14. keep an eye on/open/out, to
定义: 密切注意, 随时警惕.
例句: Lao Young, will you keep an eye on the children? I'm going to the store. (老杨, 你能不能看顾这些小朋友? 我要去店里一趟)

15. keep an open mind, to
定义: 保持开放的心态. (注: 意指等到知悉所有的事实再发表意见或作决定)
例句: All I ask of you is that you keep an open mind when you read through the book. (我所要求你的是当你仔细阅读这本书的时候保持开放的心态)

16. keep at a distance, to
定义: 与某人或某事物保持距离, 疏远某人.
例句: Mr. Jin is kind to the workers in his store but after work he keeps them at a distance. (金先生在他的店里对员工平易近人但是一到下班后他却跟员工保持距离)

17. keep at arm's length, to
定义: 与某人或某事物保持距离, 疏远某人.
例句: I keep Ah-Long at arm's length because we don't get along. (我跟阿龙保持距离因为我们两人处得不融洽)

18. Keep at it and good results will follow.
[成语句型]坚持下去, 就会有美满的结果.

19. keep at it, to
定义: 持续不断, 坚持不懈.
例句: If you keep at it long enough you'll succeed. (如果你能再坚持下去, 你会成功的)

20. keep at, to
定义: 坚持不懈.
例句: The job was tough but I kept at my painting until the whole house was done. (这件工作挺吃力但我仍坚持不懈地刷油漆直到整栋房子都刷完为止)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客