royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 667

帖子 royl » 周三 12月 07, 2016 2:15 am

二十笔实用成语 667

01. keep one's mind on, to
定义: 专心于, 致力于.
例句: With you around, I find it hard to keep my mind on my reading. (有你在我旁边, 我想要专心读书都很难. 注: 这里的I find it hard to keep my mind on my reading可以重写为it is hard to keep my mind on my reading)

02. keep one's mouth shut, to
定义: 保持缄默, 守口如瓶, 保密不说.
例句: I was very angry so I told him to keep his mouth shut. Later I had to apologize. (我很生气因此我要他闭嘴. 后来我不得不跟他道歉)

03. keep one's nose clean, to
定义: 洁身自爱, 不惹麻烦, 不惹事生非.
例句: He has been managing to keep his nose clean since he moved to the new town. (自从他搬到这个新城市, 他一直洁身自爱也不惹事生非)

04. keep one's own counsel, to
定义: 密而不宣自己的想法与计划.
例句: He always keeps his own counsel and never really reveals his plans to anyone. (他从不谈论自己的想法, 更不会跟任何人吐露他的意向)

05. keep one's powder dry, to
定义: 提高警觉, 准备随时战斗, 行动或接受挑战.
例句: During the hurricane season, we should keep our powder dry to meet any emergency. (在台风季节期间, 我们应该准备随时采取行动来应付任何紧急状况)

06. keep one's spirits up, to
定义: 保持乐观, 积极的态度.
例句: I am not a negative person and I've kept my spirits up for six years hoping to find a single, emotionally balanced and gentle guy. (我不是一个消极的人, 我六年来一直保持积极的态度希望能找到一位未婚的, 脾气平和以及容易相处的男人)

07. keep one's word, to
定义: 守信, 履行承诺.
例句: She never keeps her word so I don't believe that she will come to the meeting. (她从不守信用因此我不相信她会参加这场会议)

08. keep one's/your nose out of, to
定义: 避免卷入或干涉别人的事务或问题.
例句: Keep your nose out of our business! (你别管我们的事!)

09. keep open house, to
定义: 敞开大门, 随时款待访客.
例句: They loved company and kept open house virtually all Christmas season. (他们很好客, 几乎在整个圣诞节期间敞开大门, 随时款待访客)

10. keep out, to
定义: 不要进来或参与, 置身事外; 拒绝别人进入; 保护某人不受伤害或窘态.
例句: This argument doesn't involve you, so you should just keep out of it! (这个争论跟你无关, 你理应置身事外!)

11. keep pace, to
定义: 保持同一速度, 步调; 不落后; 赶上, 跟上.
例句: It was difficult to keep pace with the other students but somehow I managed. (虽然跟上其他学生的进度相当困难但我总算能设法做到了)

12. keep popping up, to
定义: 不停地突然出现或跳出, 频频地出现.
例句: While I am working on my computer, the notifications keep popping up. It's very annoying! (当我在电脑上工作的时候, 这些通告却频频地出现在屏幕上. 真是令人烦不胜烦!)

13. keep quiet, to
定义: 保持沉默, 保持安静.
例句: Could you all please keep quiet and listen to the instructor. (你们能不能都保持安静, 聆听讲师的讲解)

14. keep record, to
定义: 把...记录下.
例句: You can get an immunization tracking card from your child's doctor or from your county health department to keep record of your child's vaccines. (你可以跟你子女的医师或者你们县政府卫生单位取得疫苗注射追踪卡来记录你子女的疫苗注射)

15. keep regular hours, to
定义: 生活遵循规律, 按时作息.
例句: I like to keep regular hours though sometimes I will work late on the weekend. (我喜欢生活的有规律但是有时候我会在周末工作至深夜)

16. keep schtum, to
定义: [源自犹太语]保持沉默, 深怕说错话或密.
例句: If you have no experience in this area it's much better to keep schtum on the matter. (如果你在这个领域没有经验的话, 你最好在这个话题上保持沉默)

17. keep score, to
定义: 记录比赛双方的分数.
例句: We'll just play for fun. We won't even keep score. (我们纯是为了好玩才比赛.​​ 我们连比赛的分数都不用记录)

18. keep someone company, to
定义: 与某人作伴或陪伴某人.
例句: John kept Andy company when his parents went to the movies. (每当安迪的父母去看电影的时候, 约翰陪伴着安迪)

19. keep someone honest, to
定义: 使某人老实, 不敢扯谎或者不敢欺骗.
例句: The best way to keep Tom honest is to call him out on it. (使得汤姆老实的最好办法就是公开地质问他的可疑言行)

20. keep someone in line, to
定义: 管束或约束某人.
例句: I don't think being strict makes him a bad father, but one who cares enough to keep his children in line and teach them manners and respect. (我不认为严厉的管教使他成为一个不好的父亲, 反之他是因为充满了关怀才管束他的子女和教导他们礼貌与尊重)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客