royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 681

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 30, 2017 11:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 681

01. lady's/ladies' man, a
定义: 喜欢在女人圈厮混的男人.
例句: He is a ladies' man who always seems to have a lot of women interested in him. (他是个喜欢在女人圈厮混的男人, 好像总是有许多女人对他有意思)

02. lag behind, to
定义: 落后, 迟滞.
例句: One of the hikers kept lagging behind the rest of the group. (一名登山队员一直落在其他队员的后面)

03. laid bare, be
定义: 被公开, 被揭露, 被曝光, 被裸露, 被完全吐露出.
例句: The mountainside has been laid bare by loggers. (这座山的林木完全被伐木工人砍伐殆尽成为裸山)

04. laid flat, be
定义: 击倒, 吹倒, 夷平.
例句: The whole village was laid flat by the earthquake. (这整片村庄被那场地震夷为平地)

05. laid off, be
定义: 被解雇.
例句: Billy was laid off because there's not enough work at the plant. (由于工厂没有足够的工作给工人做, 因此比利被解雇了)

06. laid to rest, be
定义: 被埋葬; 被平息下来.
例句: The family feud was effectually laid to rest for the moment. (到此为止这场家庭宿怨被有效地平息下来了)

07. laid up, be
定义: 卧病在床不能工作; 置于, 置身于安全之处.
例句: He has been laid up for a few days because of a cold. (由于患了感冒他卧病在床好几天了)

08. la-la land, the
定义: 逃避现实, 自我陶醉的意识世界, 自我感觉良好的心态; 轻佻不严肃的地方.
例句: If that's what she thinks, she's living in la-la land. (如果她是这样想的话, 她是沉迷在自我陶醉的世界里)

09. lame duck, a
定义: [政治术语]任期快满又不连任的政客. (注: 意指任期快满又不连任的政客在剩下任期内不能有何作为)
例句: We haven't seen a promising negotiation for peace in the Middle East since Bill Clinton was a lame duck president. (自从比尔•克林顿成为任期快满又不连任的总统之后, 我们还没见到一个在中东有成功希望的和平协商)

10. lame excuse, a
定义: 牵强, 拙劣的借口.
例句: I was late for work and I had no real reason why, so I said to my boss "I over slept." My boss replied, "That's a lame excuse." (我上班迟到而且也没有正当的迟到理由,因此我跟我老板说"我睡过头了." 我老板回答说, "这是一个拙劣的借口.")

11. land a job, to
定义: 找到工作.
例句: As soon as I land a job and start to bring in some money, I'm going to get a notebook computer. (等到我找到了工作并且领了薪水之后, 我就会买一部笔记本电脑)

12. land in one's lap, to
定义: 轻易得到; 意外得到.
例句: Money is earned by working for it, not by having it landed in your lap without some tangible achievement. (金钱是以辛勤工作来赚取, 不是不劳而获地轻易取得的)

13. land in, to
定义: 到达; 造成...情况; 进入...情况.
例句: We landed in Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport on time. (我们准时到达杭州萧山国际机场)

14. land of fruits and nuts, the
定义: 加利福尼亚州. (注: 加州盛产水果及坚果. 另一方面加州也以思想开放出名, 所以有人讽刺加州盛产同性恋者: fruits, 与疯子或思想怪异者: nuts, 带有强烈不尊重的含义)
例句: A Republican lawmaker apologized Wednesday after referring to California as "the land of fruits and nuts" in a speech on the floor of the Michigan House. (一名共和党议员因为在密西根州众议院上演说时将加利福尼亚州称之为"同性恋者和疯子盛产之地," 为此于星期三向加州道歉)

15. land of milk and honey, the
定义: 富饶之地.
例句: She immigrated to the United States thinking it was the land of milk and honey. (她之所以移民到美国是因为她认为美国是个富饶之地)

16. land on one's feet, to
定义: 克服困难, 安然脱险, 转危为安.
例句: Fortunately, I was able to land on my feet even though our company had recently gone bankrupt. (我很幸运地转危为安虽然我们公司最近破产倒闭)

17. land on, to
定义: 落在之上; 怒斥, 严厉谴责.
例句: The opened ink bottle that slipped out of my hand landed on the floor and ruined the carpet. (这个被打开的墨汁瓶意外地从我手中滑出去掉落在地上把地毯给糟蹋了)

18. land someone with something, to
定义: 把不愉快或不想做的事推卸给某人.
例句: I always get landed with these rotten jobs that no one else wants to do. (我总是被派上这些没人要做的烂工作)

19. land up, to
定义: 到达(某地), 最后落到(某个下场).
例句: The unaccounted money landed up in a ghost account. (这笔下落不明的款项最后落入一个被人虚设的闲置帐户里面)

20. landmark discovery, a
定义: 重大的发现, 里程碑的发现.
例句: This is a landmark discovery in field of diabetes research. (这是糖尿病领域研究上一个重大的发现)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客