royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 687

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 07, 2017 1:12 am

二十笔实用成语 687

01. lay low, to
定义: 采取低姿态或低调, 消声匿迹.
例句: Tom decided to lay low for awhile until his friend forgot that he had damaged his car. (汤姆决定了先消声匿迹一阵子直到他的朋友忘掉了他曾经把他的车子损坏为止)

02. lay odds, to
定义: 让对方一筹, 下对方占优势的赌注; 下注, 打赌.
例句: I'll lay odds that it will rain before the week is out. (我愿意打赌在这个星期结束之前会下雨)

03. lay of the land, the
定义: 自然格局; 地形地貌; 某事或物的特性, 布局或情势.
例句: As soon as I get the lay of the land in my new job, things will go better. (等到我把我新工作各方面摸清楚之后, 情况就会变好了)

04. lay off, to
定义: 解雇; 避免, 停止; 不再做某事; 不再打扰某人; 戒烟, 戒酒; 赌博组头投注另一个组头以分散风险; 标示测量.
例句: Six hundred workers at the automobile factory were recently laid off. (这家汽车厂最近解雇了六百名工人)

05. lay on, to
定义: 抹上, 敷上; 供应, 安排; 分发, 给予; 攻击, 打击, 痛殴; [英国]雇用.
例句: If you have something to tell me, just lay it on me. (你如果有什么话要告诉我, 那就告诉我吧. 注: 这里的lay it on me如果按照定义的话我们无法直译为"告诉我", 但却可以引申为"告诉我")

06. lay one's eyes on, to
定义: 注视, 看见到.
例句: When I laid my eyes on this lady in red, she really got my attention. I watched her on the dance floor. My friends urged me to go ask her for a dance. (当我看见到这位红衣女士的时候, 她的确让我眼睛一亮. 我注视着在舞池中的她. 我朋友鼓动我邀她跳舞)

07. lay one's hands on, to
定义: 取得, 寻获, 落入手中(尤其有加害之意).
例句: The police had been trying to lay hands on the criminal for months. (警方过去多月来一直想要捕获这名罪犯)

08. lay oneself open to criticism/ridicule, to
定义: 自取其辱, 使自己成为别人批评对象或取笑对象.
例句: I hate to be mocked, so I make sure I don't make stupid mistakes and lay myself open to ridicule. (我很不喜欢被人夸张地模仿, 因此我要求我自己不犯愚蠢的错误, 也不让自己成为别人取笑对象)

09. lay oneself out, to
定义: 不厌麻烦, 殚心竭虑, 全力以赴(去工作).
例句: In fact, I did not lay myself out at all. It was no trouble. (事实上, 我根本没出什么力. 一点也不麻烦)

10. lay open, to
定义: 揭露, 揭发, 将弱点曝露出; 创造机会.
例句: A string of victories laid the way open for our team to compete in the regional championship. (一连串的胜利为我们团队参与地区冠军赛创造了机会)

11. lay out in lavender, to
定义: 严厉谴责.
例句: If you ever feel like you need to lay me out in lavender again, you can forget it! (如果你还认为你有必要再严厉地谴责我的话, 你想都别想!)

12. lay out, to
定义: 安排, 设计; 做详细的计划展示, 展出; 花费, 花钱; 严厉地反驳; 打倒在地或击晕; 给死者遗体穿衣准备公祭.
例句: He will have to lay out a lot of money for his new house. (他将必须花费大量钱在他新买的房子上)

13. lay over, to
定义: 在旅途中停下来休息或过夜; 延期.
例句: We were told that we will have to lay over in London for nine hours before we go on to Kenya. (我们被告知我们必须在伦敦中途逗留九个钟头然后再继续飞往肯尼亚)

14. lay plans, to
定义: 制定计划.
例句: Our boss has laid plans to cut the staff down to just 15 people. (我们老板已经计划好将员工人数削减至十五人)

15. lay (some) rubber, to
定义: 暴冲飙车, 将汽车从静止冲到高速.
例句: He likes to drive fast. He lays rubber at every intersection. (他喜欢开快车. 他总是在每个十字路口暴冲飙车)

16. lay siege to, to
定义: 包围, 围攻, 围剿.
例句: Angry taxpayers laid siege to city hall with letters and phone calls. (愤怒的纳税人以写信和打电话围攻市政府)

17. lay someone low, to
定义: 击倒某人; 使某人病倒或孱弱.
例句: The flu laid us low for two weeks. (这场流行性感冒让我们都躺在病上两个星期)

18. lay someone's doubts to rest, to
定义: 消弭或避免某人的疑虑.
例句: All you have to do is to answer all his questions so that you can lay his doubts to rest. (你所需要做的是回答他所有的问题如此你才可以消弭他的疑虑)

19. lay the blame/responsibility on someone, to
定义: 归咎于某人, 要某人(为某事)负责.
例句: Don't lay the blame on me. I have nothing to do with this! (别怪罪于我. 我跟这件事一点关系都没有!)

20. lay the ghost of something/someone (to rest), to
定义: 消弭, 结束或完结了长期...心腹之患或烦恼.
例句: With one stunning performance, I have laid to rest the ghost of my humiliating failure at last spelling bee contest. (有了一个出色的表现, 我终于湔雪了我上次拼字比赛所带来的失败耻辱)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客