royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 688

帖子 royl » 周日 6月 11, 2017 12:55 pm

二十笔实用成语 688

01. lay the groundwork/foundation, to
定义: 打下基础, 奠定基础.
例句: Frugality and hard work laid the groundwork for his financial success. (节约和努力工作替他的财务成功奠定了基础)

02. lay to rest, to
定义: 满意解决; 安葬某人; 结束, 平息, 消弭.
例句: They have been trying to lay to rest the rumors about the financial problems in the company. (他们一直试图平息有关这家公司面临财务问题的谣传)

03. lay up, to
定义: 储藏; 因生病或受伤被局限或失去能力; 暂停使用.
例句: The weather was getting cold so they decided to lay up their boat for the winter. (天气开始转凉了, 因此他们决定把他们的游艇收藏起来度过冬天)

04. lay waste to, to
定义: 蹂躏, 毁灭.
例句: Last night, squirrels laid waste to the figs I was going to pick today. (松鼠昨夜摧毁了我今天正要采收的无花果子)

05. lay/make/place/put a bet/wager, to
定义: 与人赌, 下赌注.
例句: I would place my bet on a proven winner if I'm not sure what I'm betting on. (我如果不确定我自己应该要下注给哪个选择的话, 我肯定会与人打赌一个已被证明的获胜者)

06. lay/put at someone's door, to
定义: 要某人负责某事; 归咎于某人.
例句: You're the one who started this mess and I'm laying responsibility for this problem at your door! (就是你捅出这个烂摊子, 我要你负责把这个问题处理好)

07. lay/put one's cards on the table, to
定义: 摊牌; 诚实公开意图或绝招.
例句: It's time we put our cards on the table and spoke honestly. (现在我们也该开诚布公地把内心所想的意见摊开, 毫不隐瞒地说出来)

08. lay/put one's finger on something, to
定义: 明白了解为何某一情势发生的原因尤其是问题出处.
例句: That is correct! You have certainly put your finger on the problem. (正确! 你的确找到了这个问题的根本原因)

09. lay/put/set (great) store by/on something, to
定义: 十分重视某事或物.
例句: Our family lays great store by traditional culture. (我们家族极为重视传统文化)

10. lay/set the table, to
定义: 铺桌布, 摆好晚饭餐具, 准备进餐.
例句: You make the salad and I'll set the table. (你来准备生菜沙拉, 我来摆好餐具)

11. layaway plan, a
定义: 一种分期付款购物方式: 消费者先付头款, 由百货公司扣留货品, 消费者再分期付款直到付清才能提货使用.
例句: He decided to buy the television set on the department store's layaway plan. (他决定以分期付物方式向这家百货公司购买这部电视机)

12. lazy as a lizard, be (as)
定义: 像蜥蝪一样懒洋洋.
例句: One side of me is as hardworking as a bee and the other side is as lazy as a lizard. Today I happen to be on the lazy side. (我个性的一面是像蜜蜂一样的勤奋工作, 另一面则是像蜥蝪一样懒洋洋. 今天我碰巧是属于懒洋洋的一边)

13. lead a charmed life, to
定义: 天生好命, 吉人天相, 吉星高照, 逢凶化吉.
例句: Rich people lead a rather charmed life, with everything handed to them on a silver platter. (富豪们天生好命, 毫不费力地取得一切事物)

14. lead a dog's life, to
定义: 过着单调无趣, 痛苦艰困的生活.
例句: He says that he has been leading a dog's life since he started his new job. (他说自从他开始了他的新工作之后, 他一直过着痛苦的日)

15. lead a life of ..., to
定义: 过着...生活方式.
例句: With your career and young children, you don't have a choice but to lead a busy life. (由于你的工作方式和年幼儿女, 你除了过着忙碌的生活之外别无选择)

16. lead a quiet/secret life, to
定义: 过着宁静或隐密或神密的生活.
例句: But he knew that his wife had been leading a secret life with secret leisure pursuits. It's a life which she tried to keep from his knowledge. (但是他已经知道他妻子一直过着神密不欲人知的生活以及隐密的休闲活动. 它是一个她不想让他知道的生活方式)

17. lead a woman to the altar, to
定义: [幽默语]与女子结婚, 同结连理.
例句: I led a lovely girl to the altar, she became my darling wife, and I love her now more than ever. (我跟一位可爱的女郎同结连理, 她成为我的心爱妻子, 我现在比以前更加爱她)

18. lead by example, to
定义: 以身作则.
例句: We can inspire and motivate our children by leading by example. (我们可以经由以身作则的方式来鼓舞和激励我们的儿女)

19. lead off, to
定义: 开始, 起步, 开球, 开头, 率先.
例句: The golfer was the first to lead off in the tournament. (这名高尔夫球员在这场球赛里首先开球)

20. lead one to think, to
定义: 不禁让人认为, 不禁使人认为.
例句: Your company seems in good shape. This leads me to think that you have done your job well. (你的公司看起来情况良好. 这不禁使人认为你很尽责地把你自身的工作做得很好)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 66 访客