royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 694

帖子 royl » 周二 7月 11, 2017 1:10 am

二十笔实用成语 694

01. leave word with someone, to
定义: 请某人帮忙传话或转交留言.
例句: If you decide to come to the convention, please leave word with my secretary. (假如你决定要出席这场会议, 请你跟我的秘书留个话)

02. leave/make one's mark, to
定义: 留下长期性, 永久性或意义深远的影响或贡献; 影响后世的立功, 立德或立言.
例句: My father left his mark on me, and I will always remember all his good advice. (我父亲给我留下意义深远的影响, 我将永远记得他所说过的金玉良言)

03. leave/put the past behind, to
定义: 忘却过去.
例句: We must put the past behind us and not indulge in recrimination, finger-pointing and witch-hunting. (我们必须忘却过去, 不再无节制地互揭疮疤, 相互推诿, 和以莫须有罪名指控他人)

04. led off to, be
定义: 被带往, 被押解.
例句: The prisoner was led off to jail in handcuffs. (这名囚犯被戴上手铐押解至监狱)

05. led to believe, be
定义: 被人引导, 被人误导.
例句: "Were you led to believe that the car was in good condition?" "Yes. The guy at the repair shop said it was fine." ("你是否被人误导以致认为这部车情况良好?" "是的. 修车厂那个人告诉我它的情况还令人满意.")

06. leery about/of, be
定义: 对...产生怀疑, 不确定, 不信任的.
例句: We were leery about investing in a company controlled by a single individual. (我们不放心投资一家由一个人独自操控的公司)

07. left and right
定义: 到处都是; 毫无章法; 过份频繁; 失控.
例句: The company may be growing but you will have to live in New Jersey or Arizona, their office in Virginia is laying off people left and right. (这家公司也许在成长但是你将必须生活在新泽西或亚利桑那州, 他们的维吉尼亚办公室却频频地裁员)

08. left at the altar, be
定义: (准新郎/准新娘)被弃婚. (注: 意指在婚礼当场, 新人中有一人没出现)
例句: Her fiancé left her at the altar. (她被她的未婚夫弃婚)

09. left carrying/holding the baby/bag, be
定义: 被留下收拾烂摊子.
例句: He abandoned the project after a year because he felt that it was going to fail and I was left holding the baby. (他做了这个工作项目一年后就放弃了因为他觉得这个项目不会成功, 我则被留下收拾烂摊子)

10. left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, the
定义: (论及一个组织)内部不协调, 自相矛盾或消息不畅通. (注: 意指一部门不知另一部门在做什么)
例句: I was sent the same letter from two different departments of our company. I get the feeling the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. (我收到两封我们公司不同部门寄来同一内容的信. 这让我感觉我们公司内部不协调)

11. left hanging in midair, be; left hanging in the air, be
定义: 挂在半空中; (问题被留着)悬而未决; 吊人胃口; 不确定, 暂停.
例句: Tell me the rest of the story. Don't leave me hanging in midair. (告诉我这个故事的结尾. 别吊我的胃口)

12. left in the dark, be
定义: 被人蒙蔽, 被人蒙在鼓里.
例句: Everyone was told about it, but I was left in the dark. (每个人都被告知了, 但我仍被人蒙在鼓里)

13. left to the discretion of, be
定义: 随...自行决定, 由...斟酌.
例句: The amount each person contributes will be left to the discretion of the individual. (捐赠金额的大小由每个人自行决定)

14. leave too many loose ends (untied), to
定义: 留下太多的(尚未解决的)小问题.
例句: The job was anything but extraordinary, rather it left too many loose ends untied in the end. It should've been done better! (这件工作做得真不怎么样, 尤有什者, 它在结尾留下太多尚未解决的小问题. 它应该被做得更好!)

15. left with little/no option, be
定义: 别无选择, 被逼采取激烈手段.
例句: The cost of construction and the cost of building materials continue to rise so builders are left with little option but to raise prices, but we will see sales continue to slow. (建筑和建材成本持续增加因此建商别无选择只好被迫涨价, 但我们将会看见房屋销售量持续减弱)

16. left, right and center
定义: 到处都是; 毫无章法; 过份频繁; 失控.
例句: People are complaining left, right and center about the new traffic laws. (各处的人们都抱怨这套新出台的交通法规)

17. left-handed compliment, a
定义: 明褒暗贬; 话中有话的赞美; 言不由衷的恭维.
例句: He gave her a left-handed compliment when he said that her dyed hair looked nice. (当他说她的头发染得很美他是对她明褒暗贬的赞美)

18. lefty loosey righty tighty
定义: 左转松, 右转紧. (注: 意指提醒人开关水龙头及旋转螺丝方向的口诀)
例句: When someone says "lefty loosey, righty tighty," it's a way to remind you to turn a screw, nut, or bolt to the right to tighten them and turn them to the left to loosen them. (当某人说"左转松, 右转紧," 它是一个将一颗螺丝钉, 螺帽, 或螺栓向右旋转是拴紧, 向左旋转是转松的提醒方式)
图片
另一个说法: righty tighty, lefty loosey

19. leg it, to
定义: 快走, 快跑.
例句: When they saw the police car, they legged it. (一见到那部警车, 他们拔腿就跑)

20. legal eagle, a
定义: [俚语]律师.
例句: The actor hired a dream team of high-priced legal eagles to help him beat the murder rap. (这名演员礼聘了一批收费昂贵的最佳阵容律师以期望能够帮助他击败遭到控诉的谋杀罪名)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客