royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 703

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 24, 2017 9:50 pm

二十笔实用成语 703

01. life is a bitch; life is hard
定义: 人生真艰难或痛苦. (注: 常用于受了伤害或挫折后的抱怨)
例句: I know life is a bitch, but you'll just have to suck it up and be thankful that you're still alive and well. (我知道人生艰难痛苦, 但你须要面对现实并且感谢上苍你还安然无恙地活在这个世界上)

02. life is just a bowl of cherries
定义: 人生是很愉快的. (注: 有时也被人用来作为讽刺性的反话)
例句: My alarm clock didn't go off this morning, and I missed the bus and got to work late, and I just found out my rent's going up 50 dollars a month. Life is just a bowl of cherries. (今早我的闹钟没响, 我没赶上公交车, 上班迟到了, 我刚才又发现我的房租涨了五十块钱一个月. 人生真是很愉快的啊)

03. life is not all beer and skittles
定义: 人生并非只是吃喝玩乐.
例句: Most immigrants learn that life is not all beer and skittles when they arrive in the US. (当移民抵达美国之后他们大多数都认识到人生并非只是吃喝玩乐)

04. life is not all guns and roses
定义: 人生并不是只有战争和爱情, 人生是多面的.
例句: After World War II, some people had to learn that life is not all guns and roses. (第二次世界大战之后, 有些人们不得不认识到人生并不是只有战争和爱情)

05. life is too short
定义: 人生苦短.
例句: Life is too short. There is no need to waste both our time with senseless mind games. (人生苦短. 没有必要玩弄毫无意义的尔虞我诈心机战来浪费你和我的时间)

06. life is unfair
定义: 人生本来就不公平.
例句: I know life is unfair, therefore I am getting used to it. (我知道人生本来就不公平, 因此我正在适应它)

07. life of Riley, the
定义: 无忧无虑的日子.
例句: Bob has been living the life of Riley since he retired from his job last year. (自从去年鲍伯工作退休之后, 他一直过着无忧无虑的日子)

08. life of the party
定义: 众人注意的中心人物; 制造欢乐气氛的人.
例句: Bill is always the life of the party. Be sure to invite him to our party. (比尔一直是制造欢乐气氛的人. 一定要邀请他来我们的派对)

09. life on the fast track, a
定义: 节奏快速, 紧张忙碌的生活.
例句: Donna lives life on the fast track. She loves extravagant living: big cars, fine jewelry, and jet–setting excursions to Venice and the like. (唐娜过着紧张忙碌的生活. 她喜爱奢侈的生活: 豪车,精美首饰, 以及去世界各处奢华的旅游, 等等)

10. life savings
定义: 一生积蓄.
例句: I don't want to see her spend her life savings on something that is completely unnecessary. (我不愿意看着她花费一生积蓄在一件完全没必要的东西上)

11. life span
定义: 寿命(期间), 使用寿命.
例句: The life span of a roof varies between different roof materials. The ones on your roof are architectural asphalt shingles and their life span is 24 to 30 years. (一个屋顶的寿命是由它的材料来决定的. 你屋顶的瓦片是复合沥青瓦片, 它们的使用寿命期间是24至30年之间)
图片
复合沥青瓦片

12. life's simple pleasures
定义: 简单而不奢华的乐趣. (注: 意指散步, 观夕阳, 去海滩走走等朴实乐趣)
例句: Whether you have coffee or tea, black or sweetened, that first morning sip can be a life's simple pleasures. (不论你是否喝咖啡或茶, 不放糖或加糖, 清晨第一口啜饮可以说是一件简单而不奢华的乐趣)

13. lift a finger/hand, to
定义: 举手之劳.
例句: Ah-Zong is one of my best friends, but he didn't lift a finger when I needed help last week. (阿宗是我的至好朋友之一, 但是上星期当我需要帮助的时候他连一个举手之劳都不肯帮)

14. lift an embargo, to
定义: 解除禁运.
例句: Russia lifted an embargo on the import of Turkish products with the exception of tomatoes. (俄罗斯解除了一个对土耳其产品进口的禁运但仍禁止番茄的进口)

15. lift down, to
定义: 往下搬, 搬下来.
例句: I had to lift these boxes down from the top shelf to the floor. (我不得不把这些箱子从架子顶层搬下来)

16. lift off, to
定义: 起飞; 发射升空.
例句: The Tianzhou-1 cargo resupply spacecraft lifted off early evening on a Long March-7 rocket from the Wenchang Launch Centre in the province of Hainan. (天舟一号货运飞船傍晚于海南省文昌航天发射中心经由长征七号运载火箭发射升空)
图片
位于文昌航天发射中心的天舟一号货运飞船及载运火箭

17. lift sanctions against, to
定义: 解除制裁.
例句: Two former diplomats have come forward, saying President Trump tried to lift sanctions against Russia. (两名前任外交官出面澄清, 他们说特朗普总统曾试图解除对俄罗斯的制裁)

18. lift someone up, to
定义: 抬起某人; 振奋某人的精神.
例句: We ended the evening gathering with an ABBA song and it really lifted the crowd up. (我们以阿巴合唱团的一首歌来结束这场晚会, 它振奋了群众的精神)
图片
活跃于1972 – 1982期间的瑞典流行音乐合唱团ABBA

19. lift someone's spirits, to
定义: 振奋某人精神.
例句: Music will lift our spirits. Let's listen to some Mozart. (音乐可以振奋我们的精神. 让我们一起聆听几首莫札特音乐)

20. lift the curtain, to
定义: 开幕; 拉开序幕; 开始; 公开展现, 公布.
例句: I think we had better lift the curtain on our privacy policy if we want consumers to feel secure buying our software. (我认为我们还是最好公布我们的客户隐私权政策如果我们希望消费者感觉到购买我们的软件是安全的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 44 访客