royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 708

帖子 royl » 周一 10月 16, 2017 12:17 am

二十笔实用成语 708

01. like oil and water
定义: 不相容, 不搭界; 无法同时存在; 泾渭分明; 毫无相同之处.
例句: The more I pay attention to the news, the more it seems that politics and common sense are as compatible as oil and water. (当我越关注新闻, 我越觉得政治和基本判断力无法同时共存. 注: 意指许多政客的意见与决策经常是违反逻辑, 毫无道理可言)

02. like peas (or two peas) in a pod, be
定义: 非常相似的, 一模一样的; 关系亲密, 形影不离.
例句: They were like two peas in a pod, both with the same high cheekbones and hairline. (他们长得一模一样. 两人都有高颧骨和相同的发际线)
图片
高颧骨女子
图片
发际线

03. like peas and carrots
定义: 关系亲密, 形影不离.
例句: You would think that Christmas is one of a few days a year when insurance coverage could just take a break but they go together like peas and carrots. (你会觉得圣诞节是一年里少数的几天中保险业务也该休息的一天但是圣诞节和购买保险却是形影不离. 注: 在美国许多保险合约的终止日都在年底也就是在过圣诞节的同时就要续约或购买新保险)

04. like pigs in clover
定义: 生活富足惬意.
例句: They had a handsome pension and lived like pigs in clover. (他们有一份优厚的退休金所以他们生活富足惬意)

05. like pulling teeth
定义: 非常困难地.
例句: With this new way of preparing vegetables, you'll no longer have to pull teeth to get your kids to eat their greens! (有了这个烹调蔬菜的新方法, 你不必再痛苦地要求你的儿女吃他们的青菜!)

06. like so much + ...
定义: 就跟... 一样; 极似...; 与...几乎一样.
例句: The report sounded like so much baloney. (这篇报告听起来无异是一派胡言)

07. like someone better, to
定义: 比较喜欢某人.
例句: Nothing against Jimmy but I like Bob better. (我跟吉米私人之间毫无问题只是我比较喜欢鲍伯而已)

08. like squeezing blood out of a turnip
定义: 徒劳无功, 根本行不通. (注: 意指想从萝卜挤出血是不可能的事)
例句: Trying to get information out of him is like squeezing blood out of a turnip. (从他的口中套出消息根本是徒劳无功)

09. like talking to a brick wall, be
定义: 置若罔闻. (注: 意指跟某人讲话但他不理不睬就好像跟墙讲话一般)
例句: I've tried to discuss my problems with her, but it's like talking to a brick wall. (我一直努力地跟她讨论我的问题, 但她对我所说的话置若罔闻)

10. like that/this/so
定义: 就是这/那样; 类似这/那种; 按照这/那种方式.
例句: Fold the paper like this and do this to the other side. (把这张纸按照这个样子折叠然后把它的另一边也用同样方法折叠起来)

11. like the back end of a bus
定义: 丑陋, 一点不吸引人.
例句: It doesn't matter if the girl is stunning or if she has a face like the back end of a bus. We are looking for a bookkeeper not a receptionist. (这名女孩的长像是否美艳非凡或者丑得吓人都不重要. 我们要找的是记帐员而不是前台接待员)

12. like the Black Hole of Calcutta
定义: 又挤又热, 空气污浊.
例句: One guest at the crowded reception was heard to mutter "It's like the Black Hole of Calcutta in here." (在拥挤的接待会上一位客人被人听到嘀嘀咕咕地抱怨"这里又挤又热, 空气污浊.")

13. like the clappers
定义: 弹指之间, 发生迅速的.
例句: Customers ran like the clappers into the store to snatch up as much bottled water as they could. (顾客迅速地跑进这家商店能够抢到多少瓶装水就抢购多少)

14. like the devil
定义: 迅速地, 拼命地.
例句: The disease spread like the devil. Soon his whole leg was swollen. (这个疾病迅速地蔓延. 没多久他的整条腿便肿胀起来)

15. like the pot calling the kettle black
定义: 锅子笑壶黑, 乌鸦笑猪黑, 五十步笑百步.
例句: When politicians say that bankers have been lying, it's like the pot calling the kettle black. (当政客说银行家一直在说谎, 这就好像乌鸦在笑猪黑)

16. like the wind
定义: 电掣风驰地, 飞快的.
例句: You can't catch that deer. It can run like the wind. (你抓不到这头鹿的. 它跑得太快了)

17. like walking on eggshells
定义: 谨言慎行, 不敢得罪人.
例句: Ever since I smashed their car, I've been walking on eggshells with my parents. (自从我撞烂了他们的车子之后, 我一直对我父母谨言慎行, 不敢惹他们生气)

18. like water
定义: 大量, 无数.
例句: He spends money like water. (他花钱如水)

19. like water off a duck's back
定义: 没有效果. (注: 意指因鸦毛能避水所以在鸦背上泼水没有效果)
例句: He always criticizes his friend who always ignores it so it falls away like water off a duck's back. (他总是批评他的朋友而他的朋友却总是对他置之不理所以他的批评是没有效果的)

20. like white on rice
定义: 形影不离.
例句: You better pass this test, or I'll be on you like white on rice, monitoring your every move when you claim to be doing homework. (你最好这次考试能过关否则我会跟你形影不离, 监视你每个你所声称的做功课行动)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客