royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 710

帖子 royl » 周四 11月 02, 2017 5:48 am

二十笔实用成语 710

01. lips are sealed, one's
定义: 守口如瓶, 保守秘密.
例句: I won't tell anybody that you love the Jerry. My lips are sealed. (我不会告诉任何人你爱杰瑞. 我会守口如瓶的)

02. liquored up, be
定义: 喝醉了.
例句: What's with you, getting all liquored up and doing something stupid? This isn't like you! (你是怎么回事, 喝得酩酊大醉又做了蠢事? 这不像平常的你呀!)

03. list price, the
定义: 订价, 价目表上价格. (注: 在美国有些价格是不能讨论的​​, 例如百货公司价钱; 有些价格是可以讨论的, 例如车子及承包商的价钱)
例句: The car's list price was $36,000, but the actual selling price was thousands less. (这部车的订价是三万六千块钱美金, 但实际的卖出价钱却便宜了几千块钱)

04. listed as an emergency contact, be
定义: 被列为紧急联络人. (注: 意指在开学时校方要求家长供给学校两位紧急事件发生时如果一时找不到父母之际仍可以联络的人)
例句: If I'm listed as an emergency contact, I'll ask the parent for contact information and specifics about their child, just in case. (如果我被列为紧急联络人的话, 我会跟这位家长索取联络资料以及他们小孩的详细资料, 以备不时之需)

05. listen for, to
定义: 用心聆听某个被期待的声音. (注: 例如你在等门, 你会用心听开关门的声音)
例句: I will have to let you in the front door if you come home late. I will listen for you. (如果你晚回家的话, 我将必须让你从前门进来. 我会替你等门)

06. listen in, to
定义: 旁听或偷听别人说话; 转台到电视或音机收听消息.
例句: Please don't try to listen in on us. This is a private conversation. (请你别试图偷听我们的讲话. 这是一个私人谈话)

07. listen out for, to
定义: [英国]用心聆听某个被期待的声音. (注: 例如你在等门, 你会用心听开关门的声音)
例句: Would you listen out for the phone while I'm in the vegetable garden? (我在菜园的时候你能不能帮我听一听电话?)

08. listen to me, to
定义: 听我说.
例句: They wouldn't listen to me, just laughed in my face. There was nothing that I could do at that point. (他们不听我的, 只是挑衅性地当面嘲笑我. 那个时刻我完全无能为力)

09. listen to reason, to
定义: 愿意听人讲理或劝告.
例句: Please listen to reason, and don't do something that you'll regret later. (请你听人劝告, 别做你事后会后悔的事情)

10. listen to what someone has to say, to
定义: 听听此人要说什么(理由或说辞).
例句: Listen to what he has to say. Don't interrupt. (听听他要说什么. 不要插嘴)

11. listen to, to
定义: 倾听, 注意, 聆听.
例句: I usually do my cooking while listening to the radio. (我平时一面做饭一面聆听广播节目)

12. listen up, to
定义: 仔细听, 注意.
例句: Everybody listen up! I have something to announce. (请大家注意! 我有件事情要宣布)

13. listen with half an ear, to
定义: 漫不经心地听.
例句: She listened to the news with half an ear as she cleaned the bathroom. (当她在清理厕所的时候她漫不经心地收听新闻广播)

14. Listen, I don't need your threats.
[成语句型]你听好, 你威胁不了我.

15. little bitty
定义: 很小的, 微小的.
例句: She lives in a little bitty apartment with only one bathroom. (她住在一个只有一间浴室的超小型公寓里)

16. little brother/sister, a
定义: 弟弟, 妹妹.
例句: Stacy, this is my little brother Joey Brown. Joey, this is my friend Stacy Jones. (丝黛西, 这是我弟弟乔伊•布朗. 乔伊, 这是我朋友丝黛西•琼斯)

17. little bugger, a
定义: 小家伙, 小动物. (注: bugger本来是个不礼貌的称呼但也可以使用在亲密的或友善的昵称上)
例句: Well, you're a cute little bugger, aren't you! (嗳呀, 你真是一个可爱的小家伙, 是不是!)

18. little by little
定义: 一点一点地, 逐渐地.
例句: He broke his leg while skiing but little by little it is getting better. (他在滑雪时候摔断了腿但他的腿一点一点地渐渐康复)

19. little call for ..., be
定义: 对...需求量很小.
例句: There's very little call for ice cream at this time of year. (每年这个时候冰淇淋的需求量很小)

20. little civility goes a long way, a
定义: 与人以礼相待, 关系可以持久.
例句: A little civility goes a long way, and an abundance of civility could bring us all closer together. (与人以礼相待, 关系可以持久, 人与人之间充满了礼貌和尊重能够让我们更紧密地在一起)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 9 访客