royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 711

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 11, 2017 12:01 am

二十笔实用成语 711

01. little does he/she know
定义: 他/她并不知道; 他/她居然不知道.
例句: When he asked the attractive lady for directions, little did he know that this innocent question was going to connect him with the love of his life. (当他跟这位美丽动人女士问路的时候, 他并不知道他当时这个无辜的问题居然撮合了他和他这一生所爱的人)

02. little early for that, be
定义: 有点太早了吧.
例句: Isn't it a little early for that stuff? I mean, is it even safe to drink in the morning? (你不觉得喝这玩意儿有点太早了吧? 我的意思是, 我们甚至都不晓得一大早喝酒是不是安全?)

03. little frog in a big pond, a
定义: 大团体中的小角色.
例句: He was transferred to the corporate office but he is a little frog in a big pond and nobody knows him now. (他被调到总公司办公室上班但他是个大团体中的小角色, 现在没有人认识他)

04. little horror, a
定义: 调皮捣蛋的小孩.
例句: I regret offering to babysit. Her child is such a little horror! (我后悔提议替她看小孩. 她的小孩真是调皮捣蛋)

05. little if any
定义: 几近于无的.
例句: The data showed little if any improvement compared to test scores since 2001. (这个资料显示自从二零零一年开始考试分数逐年比较所取得的进步几近于无)

06. little piece of advice, a
定义: 一点建议, 小忠告.
例句: Can I give you a little piece of advice? You're doing pretty well right now. Just be yourself kid, the rest will fall into place. (我能给你一点小建议吗? 你现在表现得非常好.只要表现自然小伙伴, 其余的就会水到渠成)

07. little pitchers have big ears
定义: 耳尖小孩正在听. (注: 意指在大人身边小孩听到不该听的事情)
例句: Little pitchers have big ears she said when she saw her daughter standing at the door listening to her talking to her husband. (当她看见她女儿站在门边听她跟她先生在讲话, 她就说, 耳尖小孩正在听)

08. little strokes fell great oaks
定义: 滴水穿石, 铁杵磨成绣花针.
例句: "How can I possibly write a fifty-page report in two months?" "Just write a little bit every day. Little strokes fell great oaks." ("我怎么可能在两个月之内写一篇五十页的报告?" "你只要每天写一点就好. 铁杵磨成绣花针.")

09. little tin god, a
定义: 自以为了不起的人.
例句: My attraction for him waned after he spent the entire evening acting like a little tin god. (自从他整个晚上摆出一副自以为了不起的样子之后我对他的爱慕逐渐消失)

10. little wiggle/wriggle room, a
定义: 有限的回旋空间.
例句: Unfortunately, my February spending plan had a little wiggle room to absorb these extra costs. (不幸的是, 我二月份花费计划的回旋空间很有限, 无法承担这些额外的开支)

11. little wonder
定义: 难怪, 一点不令人惊讶.
例句: I was always terrible at math in school, so it's little wonder that I have such trouble filing my taxes. (我过去在学校的数学总是很差, 因此难怪我在申报所得税时遇到相当大的困难)

12. little/nothing short of
定义: 几乎一样, 无异于.
例句: You have to understand that your behavior was nothing short of criminal. (你必须要明白你的行为无异于犯罪行为)

13. live a lie, to
定义: 活在虚伪或欺瞒的人生, 虚情假意, 貌合神离, 不让人看到你的真面目, 不显示自己真感情.
例句: In the end she found that she couldn't go on living a lie, and told him the truth. (最后她发现她无法再继续活在一个欺瞒的人生里, 所以她告诉了他真相)

14. live a little, to
定义: 活得快活, 享受人生.
例句: Come on, sometimes you have to live a little! (来吧, 有时候你必须要活得快活! 注: 意指有时候人也要犒赏一下自己)

15. live and breathe something, to
定义: 几乎天天与某事或物为伍作伴. (注: 意指你对某事或物了若指掌)
例句: Ever since I was in high school I've been living and breathing literature. (自从我上了高中以后, 我一直天天和文学为伍作伴)

16. live and learn
定义: 吃一堑, 长一智. (注: 意指受一次挫折, 增长一分见识)
例句: I thought I could trust him, but it turns out I was wrong. Oh well, you live and learn. (我原来还以为我可以信任他, 但结果我是错的. 算了, 受一次挫折, 增加一分经验)

17. live and let live, to
定义: 相互宽容, 互不干扰; 自己活也让别人活.
例句: Pop's approach to life is simple and fair: live and let live. (老爸的人生法则既简单又公平: 相互宽容, 互不干扰)

18. live at home, to
定义: 与家庭住在一起, 与父母住在一起.
例句: Most high schoolers still live at home. (大部分的高中学生仍和他们父母住在一起)

19. live below the breadline, to
定义: 穷困潦倒.
例句: Despite Government efforts to eradicate child poverty, many youngsters are still living below the breadline. (尽管政府努力地消除儿童贫穷, 许多孩子们仍旧生活在贫困状况下)

20. live beyond means, to
定义: 不量入为出; 寅吃卯粮.
例句: The Browns are deeply in debt because they are living beyond their means. (因为布朗这一家人过日子不量入为出, 他们欠债累累)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 59 访客