回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 714

帖子 royl » 周三 12月 06, 2017 4:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 714

01. live out of cans, to
定义: 靠吃罐头食品过日子; 居无定所; 疲于奔波. (注: 意指没时间自己准备食物只有吃罐头食品)
例句: We had neither gas nor electricity for a week and had to live out of cans. (我们已经一个星期没有天然气或电力供应, 不得不靠吃罐头食品度日)

02. live out, to
定义: 度晚年; 一偿宿愿, 实现了梦想, 做到了梦想中想要做的事; 活在某种方式; 住在外面(不住雇主家里或不住公司宿舍里).
例句: He has finally had the chance to live out his dreams. (他终于有了机会实现了他的梦想)

03. live through, to
定义: 撑过, 度过, 应付过来, 存活下来, 幸存.
例句: If I can live through this, I can live through anything. (如果我能撑过这道难关, 我可以度过任何难关)

04. live to see the day, to
定义: 活到能看到或见证到...(某件事不可想像会发生)的一天.
例句: I never thought I would live to see the day when gas would cost less than a dollar a gallon again. (我从没想到我居然能够看到汽油价格再度跌破一块钱一加仑的一天)

05. live to tell the tale, to
定义: 历经劫难仍能生存下来并向别人讲述所发生之事.
例句: I was attacked by a Rottweiler and lived to tell the tale. (我曾被罗威那狗攻击过并且仍能生存下来并向别人讲述当初所发生的一切经过)
图片
雄犬体重可达50~60公斤的罗威那狗

06. live together, to
定义: (男女)同居; 住在一块.
例句: I heard that Sally and Sam are living together and may get married next year. (我听说了莎莉和山姆正在同居, 他们可能明年结婚)

07. live under appalling conditions, to
定义: 活在令人发指, 恐怖, 厌恶或极端恶劣的情况下.
例句: The refugees were living under appalling conditions with no access to clean water and sanitation. (这些难民居住在极端恶劣的情况下, 无法获得净水和卫生设施的供应)

08. live under one roof, to
定义: 生活在同一屋檐下, 生活在同一栋房子或同一套公寓内.
例句: His parents have been separated for two years, but they still live under one roof. (他父母已经分居两年了, 但他们仍生活在同一屋檐下)

09. live up to one's end/side of the bargain/deal, to
定义: 履行自己答应要做的事, 遵守自己的诺言.
例句: You can't quit now because you promised to help me finish this job. You have to live up to your end of the bargain. (你现在不能停下来因为你答应我要帮我完成这件工作. 你必须遵守你自己的诺言)

10. live up to someone's expectations, to
定义: 不负某人的期望.
例句: We'd heard so many good things about the new restaurant, but the food didn't live up to our expectations at all. (我们听到了许多对这家餐馆的嘉评, 但是这些菜肴根本达不到我们所期望的水平)

11. live up to, to
定义: 符合, 做到了, 不辜负别人对你的冀望或评价.
例句: He is trying very hard to live up to his reputation as a honest businessman. (他努力以赴, 力求他的行为符合他身为一名诚信生意人的声誉)

12. live with, to
定义: 容忍, 勉强接受; 与某人同住或同居.
例句: I don't agree with his decision, but I'll have to live with it. (我不同意他的决定, 但我只好勉强接受)

13. live within one's means, to
定义: 量入为出, 省吃俭用, 生活朴实.
例句: We have limited resources as you know and we have to live within our means. That's what economics is all about, right? (如你所知道的, 我们的资金是有限的, 所以我们必须量入为出. 这不就是经济学的真谛吗, 你说是不是?)

14. chirpy/lively/merry as a cricket, be (as)
定义: 生龙活虎的, 活泼快乐的.
例句: Dear, you've been as chirpy as a cricket all day long. Perhaps you need to take a nap. (亲爱的, 你一整天生龙活虎地又蹦又跳. 你大概也需要去睡一下了)

15. liven up, to
定义: 使得活泼有生气.
例句: The party really livened up after she arrived. (她来到这个派对之后, 这里的气氛变得活泼有生气了)

16. living daylights, the
定义: 知觉, 感官, 良好或稳定的精神. (注: living基本上是加强词没有特殊意义)
例句: That dog barked suddenly, it scared the living daylights out of me. (那只狗突然吠叫, 把我吓得心慌意乱)

17. living proof
定义: 活生生的证明或例子.
例句: She's 80 years old and just earned her degree. She's living proof that old people can still learn. (八十岁的她刚刚取得她的学位. 她就是一个老人仍能学习的活生生证明)

18. living standard
定义: 生活标准, 生活水平.
例句: South Africa is trying to improve living standards for the next generations and this is a goal to achieve with the help of the BRICS. (南非正在努力地改善他们下一代的生活标准, 这是一个要达成的目标并获得了金砖五国协助)

19. Living well is the best revenge.
定义: 快乐地活着是最佳的复仇. (注: 这句话是针对你的敌人或者想看你痛苦倒楣的人所说的)
例句: Life is too short. Don't give them the satisfaction that you're upset. Stay happy because "living well is the best revenge." (人生苦短. 别把你自己弄得一肚子气而让他们称心如意. 你应当保持愉快的心情因为"快乐地活着是最佳的复仇.")

20. Lo and behold!
定义: [惊叹语]表达惊讶神奇之叹息.
例句: We were standing there when, lo and behold, a fish fell out of the sky and flopped around on the ground! (当时我们正站在那儿, 哎呦, 一条鱼从天上掉下来了, 还在地上翻滚! )

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客