royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 717

帖子 royl » 周四 12月 21, 2017 12:45 am

二十笔实用成语 717

01. long and (the) short of it, the
定义: 长话短说; 某事情的重点或摘要.
例句: That's the long and the short of it. If you want more details, you'll have to ask Laura. (这就是事情的重点. 如果你想知道更多细节的话, 你还得去问劳拉)

02. long arm of the law, the
定义: 法网恢恢, 无远弗届的法律制裁.
例句: You'll never get away with speeding in 30-mile zone; The long arm of the law is going to tap you on the shoulder some day, (你在速限三十英哩超速驾驶绝对逃不了被开罚单的命运; 你躲避不了无远弗届的法律制裁)

03. long as someone's arm, be (as)
定义: 很长, 很多页, 很多项目. (注: 意指名单或列表很长)
例句: I have a list of things to do that is as long as your arm. (我有一份很长的办事清单)

04. long been worried, to have
定义: 长期担忧, 困扰.
例句: We have long been worried about school bus drivers concentrating on the speedometer when they should be looking at the road ahead. (我们长期担心校车驾驶员不停注意车速显示表而他们应该注意的是前面的路况)

05. long before
定义: (甲动作)早在(乙动作)发生之前.
例句: That problem was there long before you or I came along, and it will still be there long after we're gone. (这个问题早在你和我来到这里之前就存在了, 它仍旧会在我们离开多年之后还继续存在)

06. long day, a
定义: 辛劳的一天, (感觉上)漫长的一天.
例句: It's going to be a long day. (今天将会是个漫长又辛苦的一天)

07. long face, the
定义: 阴沉脸色, 板着脸, 不痛快表情.
例句: He had a long face when he came to work this morning. What is the matter with him? (他今天早上板着脸来上班. 他怎么了?)

08. long for, to
定义: 期望, 渴望.
例句: Kelly is longing for her own home, and there must be a home longing for a loving owner like her. (凯莉一直渴望有一栋属于自己的房子, 总该有一栋房子也渴望一位像她一样充满爱心的屋主吧)

09. long gone, be
定义: 早已离开.
例句: Nothing was stolen, and the intruder was long gone by the time the cops got there. (没有东西被偷窃, 这名入侵者在警察抵达之前早已离开)

10. long in the tooth, be
定义: 马齿徒增, 年长.
例句: Jack is a good pitcher, but he's long in the tooth, I mean he's really old. (杰克是一名优秀的投手, 但是他年纪大了, 我的意思是他真的老了)

11. long johns
定义: 长内裤, 秋裤, 卫生裤.
例句: If you are going cross-country skiing, put on your long johns. (如果你要去越野滑雪的话, 务必穿上你的秋裤)
图片
女人秋衣裤

12. long on
定义: (事或物)充足不乏匮.
例句: The wage earner may be short on patience but the investor must be long on patience. (赚钱养家的人也许缺乏耐性但作为投资人则必须要充满耐心)

13. long on something and short on something
定义: 在某一方面有所长或丰富但在另一方面有所短或不足.
例句: I've always found his movies long on style but short on content. (我一直觉得他的电影富有格调但在实质的内涵上却是不足)

14. long shot, a
定义: 成功的机率很小; [摄影术语]长镜头拍摄.
例句: I hope to double my profits, but I know that's a long shot. (我希望我的利润翻一番, 但我知道实现的机率很小)

15. long since
定义: 很久以前; 早就.
例句: I long since gave up trying to change her mind. (我早就放弃了改变她想法的努力)

16. long term consequences, the
定义: 长期性的后果.
例句: Have you considered the long-term consequences of your decisions and imagine what your life might be like in the years to come? (你有没有考虑到你的决定所带来的长期性后果, 设想过你的生活在未来数年里将会是什么样子吗?)

17. long time no hear/see.
定义: 好久没听到你的消息或见到你了.
例句: "Long time no see Fred. Where have you been keeping yourself all this time?" "Good to see you, John!" ("好久没见, 弗来德. 你这一段时间都去哪儿了?" "很高兴看到你, 约翰!")

18. long way off, a
定义: 离得很远或很久, 差远了.
例句: Even if you're a long way off from turning a hobby into a career, it still pays to discover your interests. (即使把你的嗜好转变为一个生涯的目标仍是遥不可及, 但你在兴趣的发掘上你所付出的努力还是值得的)

19. long weekend, a
定义: 长周末. (注: 意指周末本来的定义是从星期五晚上到星期天晚上; 长周末是周末之后或周末之前再加一天甚至两天的假期)
例句: Next Friday is a holiday, so we'll have a long weekend. (下个星期五是一个假日, 因此我们将会有一个长周末. 注: 在美国, 如果今天是星期三的话, 下个星期五是两天之后的星期五, 并不是九天之后的下礼拜五)

20. long-lost friend, a
定义: 失散很久, 失联很久的朋友.
例句: This morning I got a call from a long lost friend in Wuhan and was nattering on the phone for over half an hour. (今天早上我接到一个失联很久朋友从武汉打来的电话, 我们闲聊了大半个钟头)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客