royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 718

帖子 royl » 周日 12月 24, 2017 11:12 pm

二十笔实用成语 718

01. long-winded speech/letter/article, a
定义: 冗长的讲话, 信函或文章; 连篇废话的讲话, 信函或文章.
例句: My husband and I actually both fell asleep during my father's long-winded speech wedding speech. (当我爸爸发表冗长沉闷的婚礼致词时候, 我丈夫跟我两个还真的都睡着了)

02. look a gift horse in the mouth, to
定义: 对别人送的礼物吹毛求疪.
例句: He shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and should be happy that he got a present from her. (他不应该嫌弃别人送的礼物, 他应该高兴他收到了她的礼物)

03. look a treat, to
定义: 好看, 好漂亮, 引人瞩目.
例句: I must say, Jill, your garden looks a treat. (我不得不说, 姬儿, 妳的花园好漂亮)

04. look after number one, to
定义: 先把自己照顾好. (注: 你自己就是number one)
例句: It doesn't make you a selfish person if you look after number one from time to time. (如果你偶尔先把自己的利益照顾好并不代表你是个自私的人)

05. look after, to
定义: 照顾.
例句: He really looks after his car, and it's in very good condition. (他悉心地照顾他自己的车子, 而这部车子的状况非常良好)

06. look alive, to
定义: 机警, 动作快.
例句: Look alive! We haven't got all day. (动作快! 我们可没时间干耗)

07. look around, to
定义: 四处看看, 察看, 寻找; 观光; 浏览; 环视.
例句: Once I got there, I spent the whole afternoon looking around the town. (我一到了那儿, 我花了整个下午浏览市区)

08. look askance at, to
定义: 侧头看人; 不信任或蔑视地看人.
例句: I can't understand why everyone in the office is looking askance at me. Am I not wearing the right thing? (我真不明白为什么整个办公室的人都带着异样的眼光看我. 我是不是穿错了衣服?)

09. look at the big picture, to
定义: 看全局; 顾全大局. (注: 意指不可见树不见林)
例句: You need to look at the big picture here, and stop getting bogged down in the day-to-day operations. That's what we're paying you for as a general manager. (你应该顾全大局, 别让日常营运的问题使自己困顿窘迫. 这就是我们雇用你作为总经理所该做的事情)

10. look at the brighter side, to
定义: 往好的一面看.
例句: We must look at the brighter side of life just like the sunflower looks upon the sun instead of the dark clouds. (你一定要往人生好的一面看, 这就好像向日葵只朝向太阳而不是朝向乌云来获取生命力)

11. look at it the other way, to
定义: 从另一个方面来看; 从另一个角度来看.
例句: I know you don't think much about Xiao Lin, but if you look at it the other way that if Xiao Lin can get a girlfriend why can't you? (我知道你不怎么看得起小林, 但你如果从另一个方面来看, 如果小林能找到一个女朋友那你为什么不能?)

12. Look at the time! We have to go.
[成语句型]看看这时间! 我们该走了.

13. look at the world through rose-colored glasses, to
定义: 乐观地看世界. (注: 意指过份乐观, 不实际, 看到的都是好的一面)
例句: I told him not to be so naive and try not to look at the world through rose-colored glasses. (我告诉他别那么天真, 别太乐观地看这个世界)

14. look at you, to
定义: 看看你. (注: 这个片语或短语可以用在惊喜或惊讶某人的穿着或行为)
例句: Look at you, all dressed up in a suit! (看看你, 穿着笔挺的西装!)

15. look at, to
定义: 考虑; 研判; 仔细看; 检察; 注视.
例句: The company is looking at the possibility of moving to a larger office. (公司正在考虑搬迁到一间更大办公室的可能性)

16. look away, to
定义: 看别的方向, 忽视.
例句: She looked away from him, not wishing her eyes to give away her true feelings. (她撇过头看向别的地方, 不希望她流露出内心感情的眼神被他看见)

17. look back, to
定义: 回想过去, 回顾过去某事.
例句: When they looked back on their many years together, they realized that their marriage had been a very happy one. (当他们回顾他们多年来生活在一起的日子, 他们了解了他们两人的婚姻一直很幸福)

18. look before you leap, to
定义: 三思而后行; 没行动之前先想清楚后果.
例句: I'm not saying you shouldn't sign the lease for that apartment. I'm just saying you should look before you leap. (我并不是说你不应该签署那一家公寓的租约. 我只是说你应该三思而后行)

19. look black, to
定义: 情势不妙; 情况不顺利; 表示愤怒不满与敌意.
例句: I know things look black at the moment but I'm sure you'll get a job soon. (我知道现在的情况对你不利, 但我确信你会很快地找到一份工作)

20. look blank, to
定义: 面无表情, 目瞪口呆.
例句: When I asked her how to get to the hospital, she looked blank. (我问她如何去这家医院, 她脸上露出茫然之色)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客