royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 720

帖子 royl » 周日 12月 31, 2017 4:34 pm

二十笔实用成语 720

01. look like a million dollars, to
定义: 神采奕奕, 荣光焕发; 看起来富裕, 健康, 快乐.
例句: Jack was looking like a million dollars when I saw him at the party last weekend. (上个周末我在派对上见到了杰克, 他看上去神采奕奕, 荣光焕发)

02. look like death warmed over, to
定义: 脸色苍白, 病奄奄, 身心俱疲, 死气沉沉.
例句: Shirley is not feeling well. She looks like death warmed over. (雪莉感觉很不舒适. 她脸色苍白, 看起来病奄奄的)

03. look like something the cat dragged in, to
定义: 看起来狼狈不堪的, 衣衫褴褛的.
例句: Tom looks like something the cat dragged in. He must have been out late last night. (汤姆看起来狼狈不堪的, 衣衫褴褛的. 他肯定昨晚出去玩乐直到深夜)

04. look like the cat that ate/swallowed the canary, to
定义: 表现出意洋洋的或心满意足的样子.
例句: He looked like the cat that ate the canary when he came in office with a smile on his face. (他走进办公室带着微笑, 一副心满意足的样子)

05. look like thunder, to
定义: 面带怒容, 似要大发雷霆.
例句: She suddenly bursted into the room and looked like thunder. I knew that I was in trouble. (她突然冲进房间, 面带怒容. 我当时知道我惹祸了)

06. look like, to
定义: 好像, 表面像, 长得像某人.
例句: Does he look like his father or his mother? (他长得像他的父亲还是像他母亲?)

07. Look ma, no hands.
定义: 很得意地炫耀新技巧. (注: 此句话原本出于小朋友学习骑脚踏车已臻成熟之时可以放手仍旧能驾驭脚踏车时向妈妈炫耀的新技巧)
例句: Look ma, no hands! Tesla's Model S electric sedans offer a new "autopilot" system that allows for hands-free driving between certain destinations. (妈妈看, 不用手! 特斯拉汽车公司的S型电动小轿车推出了它新的"自动驾驶"系统, 允许无人驾驶介于特定目的地之间)

08. look no further than ..., to
定义: 只要找...就好, 只要看...(的例子)就好, 只要选择...就好.
例句: To define imbecile one must look no further than this man. (要给白痴下个定义, 只须看看这个人就好了)

09. look on the bright side, to
定义: 往好的方面想, 持乐观态度.
例句: Looking on the bright side, I'll have plenty of time to start my own business now that I'm unemployed. (往好的方面想, 既然我已经失业了, 我将拥有充分的时间来创建属于我自己的生意)

10. look on with folded arms, to
定义: 袖手旁观.
例句: I cannot be expected to look on with folded arms in the face of any aggression against my family. (我不能就这样面对别人对我家庭侵犯的时刻作袖手旁观)

11. look on with, to
定义: 以某种态度去看待某人(可能是喜爱也可能是厌恶).
例句: She looked upon all of us with scorn. (她对我们所有人都不屑一顾)

12. look on, to
定义: 以某个方式看事情; 旁观, 作旁观者; 与某人合看书, 报纸或音乐.
例句: There were over a hundred people who gathered to look on after the car accident. (一百多个人聚集旁观这场车祸)

13. look out for number one or best interests, to
定义: 关注自己的最佳利益. (注: 你自己就是number one)
例句: As long as your actions do not harm anyone else, I can't think of any other reason not to look out for number one. (只要你的行为不伤害别人, 我无法想出任何理由不关注自己的最佳利益)

14. look out for, to
定义: 照顾; 关注; 保护福利或福祉; 警醒; 注意某人行踪, 某事发展或某物状况.
例句: Dear Ricky please look out for your sister. She needs your protection. (亲爱的瑞奇, 请你好好照顾你的妹妹. 她需要你的保护)

15. look out, to
定义: 警醒, 注意, 小心; 保护某人的利益.
例句: Look out! There is a large truck coming toward you. (小心! 有一部大卡车往你这边开来)

16. look over one's shoulder, to
定义: 回头看是否有人跟踪; 小心提防别人.
例句: He's always looking over his shoulder to see who's after him. (他总是回头看一看是谁走在他的后面)

17. look over, to
定义: 浏览, 大致地匆促检查.
例句: I've looked over the report. It contains the data we need. (我大致地看了看这份报告. 我们所需要的资料就在报告里)

18. look past the surface of ..., to
定义: 看实质内涵而不只看表面.
例句: When you can look past the surface of things and the masks people wear, your decision making is far more wiser. (当你能够不看表面只看内涵以及看穿人们虚伪的一面, 你的决断会更加明智)

19. look right through someone, to
定义: 视若无睹, 故意忽视或真没看见某人.
例句: I pleaded to the bystanders for help, but they all just looked right through me. (我向看热闹的人们求助, 但他们都视若无睹假装没看见我)

20. look sharp, to
定义: [命令语](要别人)机警, 动作快; 穿着时髦, 具有现代格调.
例句: He looks very sharp in his new suit like a model! (穿着一套笔挺时髦的西装, 他真像一名模特儿!)
图片
男西装模特

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客