royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 721

帖子 royl » 周四 1月 04, 2018 2:03 pm

二十笔实用成语 721

01. look sick, to
定义: 相形见绌, 不能与...相提并论.
例句: Our ample experience gave us an edge that will make them look sick. (我们丰富的经验给予我们优势使得他们相形见绌)

02. look sideways at, to
定义: 不信任地斜视; 爱慕地侧看.
例句: I'm sure the policeman was looking sideways at me, and it made me very nervous. (我肯定这名警察以怀疑的眼光斜视着我, 让我非常紧张)

03. look someone (straight) in the eyes/eye/face, to
定义: 正视某人. (注: 意指对话时的礼貌, 眼睛看着对方以示诚恳, 尊重, 问心无愧)
例句: Look at me straight in the eyes and tell me what you really feel. (眼睛看着我, 老实地告诉我你的真心想法)

04. look someone up, to
定义: 当你路过某地时, 你打电话或拜访住在当地的某人.
例句: When I was in New York, I looked up my friend from university. (当我去纽约的时候, 我拜访了以前一起在大学读书的朋友)

05. look something up, to
定义: 在字典或书籍或上网寻查有关...之资料.
例句: If you don't know what a word means, you should look it up in the online dictionary. (你如果不知道某个字是什么意思的话, 你可以去网上字典寻查其意义)

06. look the other way, to
定义: 故意视而不见; 明知人不法而放水.
例句: Tom could have prevented the problem, but he looked the other way. (汤姆本来可以防止这个问题的发生, 然而他却视而不见故意不予理会)

07. look the part, to
定义: 在衣着或行为举止上符合某个角色; 形象外表上符合某个职位或地位.
例句: It turns out he's a hugely successful CEO of a tech company, but he really doesn't look the part! (结果发现了他是一家极为成功的科技公司执行总裁, 但是他的确在衣着或行为举止上看不出他是个执行总裁)

08. look to one's laurels, to
定义: 不停地改进因为不愿被别人超越.
例句: Sure, the recruiter likes you, but there are many good candidates for this job, so you better look to your laurels. (的确, 这个招聘人是喜欢你, 但是还有许多优秀的求职者来应征这个工作,所以你最好不停地改进来维持自己的优势)

09. look to someone for, to
定义: 寻求某人的(帮助, 引导或意见等等之类的协助).
例句: Many parents look to their children for help in using their cell phones. (在使用手机的各种功能上, 许多父母们都寻求他们子女的协助)

10. look to, to
定义: 将注意集中于某处, 关注, 留神; 寻求帮助, 依靠, 指望; 展望, 思考.
例句: She is a wonderful nurse and spends a great deal of time looking to the needs of her patients. (她是一位非常好的护士, 她花了许多时间关注她病人的需要)

11. look up a dead horse's ass, to
定义: [不雅语]做徒劳无功的工作; 蹉跎时间, 浪费生命.
例句: If they want a tax-free society, they're only looking up a dead horse's ass! (如果他们想要一个免税的社会, 他们只是在蹉跎生命! 注: 意指等待一个永不会实现的梦想只是在浪费时间)

12. look up and down, to
定义: 浏览; 大致地检查; 打量, 估量.
例句: Are you sure that they like you because they looked at you up and down or just checking up on you? (你确定他们喜欢你是因为他们上下的打量你还是他们在调查你?)

13. look up to, to
定义: 仰望, 尊敬.
例句: Luke looks up to his brother. He respects James a lot. (路克仰慕他的哥哥. 他也极为尊重詹姆士)

14. look up, to
定义: 使振奋, 使兴奋; 促成进步或进展; 寻查资料; 到当地去寻找.
例句: The economy is looking up! (这个经济正在好转!)

15. Look what I found.
定义: 来看看我找到什么了. (注: 意指意外地找到一件新奇东西)
例句: I was driving home and look what I found! It's a dresser on the curbside! I loaded it up and took it home. (我在开回家的路上, 看看我找到什么了! 这是一个放在路边衣柜! 我把它装上车然后把它扛回家)
图片
路边
图片
衣柜或衣橱

16. look what the cat brought/dragged in, to
定义: [戏谑语]大家看看猫从外面拖进来什么东西! (注: 意指见到某人衣衫不整, 狼狈不堪地走进来)
例句: When Jennifer came in soaking wet from the rain, Candice laughed and said, "Look what the cat dragged in!" (珍妮佛进来的时候被雨淋得一身湿漉漉的. 坎蒂丝笑着说, "看看谁这么狼狈不堪地走进来!")

17. look what you've done, to
定义: 你看看你做的好事. (注: 意指对闯祸的人说的话)
例句: Look what you've done! You'll have to clean up the mess yourself. (你看看你做的好事! 你必须自己去收拾残局)

18. look who's talking, to
定义: 你还好意思说人家. (注: 意指乌鸦笑猪黑, 五十步笑百步; 指责你没有资格批评某人, 别人可以批评某人但你不能)
例句: "Kathy never pays attention in class." "Look who's talking! Just today I saw you reading a magazine during the lecture." ("凯西在课堂上从不专心听课." "你还好意思说人家! 就在今天我还看见你在上课的时候看一本杂志.")

19. look your best, to
定义: 西装毕挺, 英气焕发, 盛装亮相, 明艳照人.
例句: While your appearance may not be the most important factor of job hunting, I definitely would try to look my best when interviewing for a job. (虽然你的外表不一定是找工作上最重要的决定因素, 我肯定会想办法把自己整饬得西装毕挺, 英气焕发)

20. look/shoot/stare daggers at someone, to
定义: 怒目而视; 眼睛冒火地猛瞪某人.
例句: Ginny looked daggers at me when I kissed her boyfriend. (当我亲吻她男友的时候, 金妮正眼睛冒火地猛瞪我)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客