royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 724

帖子 royl » 周六 1月 13, 2018 8:23 pm

二十笔实用成语 724

01. lose one's train of thought, to
定义: 失去了思路或思绪.
例句: Don't interrupt me or I may lose my train of thought. (别打断我的话否则我会失去思路)

02. lose one's way, to
定义: 迷路, 失去方位感.
例句: I lost my way, and I'm not sure what to do to get back on the right path or even figure out what that path is. (我迷路了, 我不确定该如何做才能走回正确的路径或者甚至于弄明白该走哪一条路径才好)

03. lose oneself in, to
定义: 醉心于, 沉醉于; 陷入, 涉入; 迷失于.
例句: She lost herself trying to do what she thought would make others like her, ignoring her own need for happiness in the process. (她沉迷在设法做出她所认为会讨得别人喜欢她的事情, 但在这个过程中她却忽视了她自己对快乐的需要)

04. lose out in/on, to
定义: 错失良机.
例句: We came so late that we lost out on our chance to see her dance. (我们来的太迟了因此我们错失了观赏她舞蹈的机会)

05. lose out, to
定义: 未能成功, 被打败; 错失良机.
例句: I ran my best race, but I still lost out. (在竞赛中, 我竭尽了全力, 但是我还是被打败)

06. lose patience, to
定义: 不耐, 失去耐性.
例句: Please try to be more cooperative. I'm losing patience with you. (请你试着多合作些. 我逐渐对你失去耐性)

07. lose sight of, to
定义: 忽略, 忘了将某人或某事考虑进去.
例句: Don't lose sight of the main reason that you are planning to go on the business trip. (别忘了你正在计划要进行这次商务旅行的主要原因)

08. lose sleep over it, to
定义: 忧心忡忡辗转不能成眠. (注: 此成语的否定语气经常被用来表示对某人或事不当回事或不在乎)
例句: Honestly, I won't lose sleep over anything you guys have to say about me. (说实话, 我对你们针对我所做出的任何评论根本不在乎)

09. lose steam, to
定义: 失去活力, 冲劲.
例句: Sales have lost steam in recent weeks. (最近几个星期, 销量已经缓慢下来)

10. lose the day, to
定义: 战败, 失败.
例句: When race becomes an issue we have lost the day. It is time to review and fund programs only on need, not on race. (每当种族成为争议话题的时候, 我们就失败了. 现在正该是审核并且只提供资金给有需要的项目而不再是基于种族来决定资助与否)

11. lose the hang of something, to
定义: 忘掉了如何做某事的技巧.
例句: It's been ages ever since I last repaired my car's rear brakes. I'm afraid I'm losing the hang of repairing it. (从我上次修理车子的后煞车到现在已经很久了. 我恐怕我忘了怎么修理后煞车的技巧)

12. lose the plot, to
定义: 失去判断力或理智.
例句: The manager has lost the plot completely, he's got to go! (这个经理完全失去了理智了, 他必须得离开! 注: 意指他必须得离开这个工作, 也就是请他离职)

13. lose the thread, to
定义: 前言不搭后语; 说话失去条理; 乱了头绪.
例句: Sorry, professor, can you back up? I lost the thread when you started talking about genes. (对不起, 教授, 你能不能回头重讲一遍? 我在你开始讲述到基因的时候我就乱了头绪)

14. lose time, to
定义: 拖拖拉拉, 动作太慢; 损失或浪费时间.
例句: We wanted to paint the entire porch today, but we lost time trying to find a color that matched the house. (今天我们想要把整个凉棚刷上油漆, 但是我们拖拖拉拉地寻找一款搭配房子颜色的油漆)
图片
凉棚

15. lose to someone, to
定义: 输给某人或某队.
例句: I can't believe I lost the student council presidency to that doofus! (我真不敢相信我竞选学生会会长居然输给那个蠢货!)

16. lose touch, to
定义: 失联, 无法与某人联络上.
例句: I lost touch with everyone who I worked with at my summer job. (我跟我暑期打工的所有同事都失去联络了)

17. lose track, to
定义: 忘掉了刚才做/谈到哪里, 忘掉了刚才算到第几个.
例句: He tried to count the number of ducks, but he soon lost track. (他试图数算鸭子的数目, 但是没多久他就忘掉了刚才算到第几个)

18. loser, a
定义: 没出息的人.
例句: That guy is a born loser. (那个家伙是个天生没出息的人)

19. losing battle, a
定义: 困兽之斗; 明知不可为而为之; 毫无胜算的战斗或斗争.
例句: Anti-virus software is fighting a losing battle against malware, and there's nothing that can be done to turn the tide. (防毒软件和恶意软件在进行一场毫无胜算的战斗, 根本没有任何办法可以扭转这个颓势.注: 注意软件, software, 是个不可数名词所以才使用is这个单数的be动词)

20. lose money, to
定义: 赔钱或亏损.
例句: No one wants to lose money on an investment, and if you take a gamble on a tenant, you very well could do just that. (没有人希望在投资上赔钱, 如果你不调查某个房客背景而冒险租给他, 你还真有可能会亏损)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 41 访客