royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 725

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 15, 2018 2:52 pm

二十笔实用成语 725

01. losing streak, a
定义: 一连串失败或输球.
例句: The Black Tigers are on a losing streak. They've lost seven games! (黑虎队面临了一连串失败. 他们已经输了七场比赛!)

02. loss leader, a
定义: 商店以极低价吸引客人来购买的货品.
例句: The loss leader at our neighborhood superstore is a package of coffee for 99¢. (我们附近的大型超市以低价吸引客人的货品是一包咖啡卖九十九分钱)

03. lost cause, a
定义: 败局已定, 无法达成任务, 不可药救或者即将垮台的人或团体.
例句: That video store is a lost cause. It has never made a profit. (那间影视出租店准备要关门了. 它一直在赔钱)

04. lost for words, be
定义: 瞠目结舌, 过度惊讶而无言以对.
例句: When I got the call that my straight-A-student daughter had been arrested for breaking into the school, I was lost for words. (当我接到每科都拿A学生的女儿打来的电话告知她已经因为闯入学校被逮捕消息时, 我一时过度惊讶而无言以对)

05. lost in the mail, be
定义: 被寄丢了.
例句: I should finally get it tomorrow if it doesn't get lost in the mail again. (如果它不再被寄丢的话, 我应该明天会收到它)

06. lost in the shuffle, be
定义: 被埋没, 被遗忘, 被忽视.
例句: My wife and I feel that if schools are too big, it's easy for a student to be lost in the shuffle. (我妻子和我认为如果学校太大的话, 一名学生很容易被忽视)

07. lost in thought, be
定义: 陷入沉思中; 在那儿发呆或想得出神. (注: 意指过份专注某事而忘掉自己身边周遭事务)
例句: Stacy didn't hear a word I said; she was lost in thought. (我对丝黛西说的话她一句都没听进去; 她在那儿想得出神)

08. lost on, be
定义: 无法理解, 不起作用, 无法影响.
例句: The jokes were lost on me. (我没听懂这个笑话. 注: 这句话可以改写为I didn't understand the jokes)

09. lost soul, a
定义: 失意落魄的人.
例句: Ever since his wife died, Jerry just drifts through the town like a lost soul. (自从他妻子过逝之后, 杰瑞就像一个失魂落魄的人在市区里漂泊)

10. lost to the world, be
定义: 在那儿发呆或想得出神; 忘了自己身于何处. (注: 意指过份专注某事而忘掉自己身边周遭事务)
例句: When I went into her office she was staring out of the window, apparently lost to the world. (当我走进她办公室的时候, 她正在瞪着窗外, 显然地在那儿发呆)

11. lost without ..., be
定义: 没有...在身边陪伴或可以使用, 就会失去信心或一筹莫展.
例句: He will tr​​y to convince you he will do anything for you just to keep you, that he'll be lost without you. But that's his problem, not yours. (他会试图说服你, 他愿意为你做任何事只为了留住你, 如果你不在他身边的话, 他都不知道该怎么办. 但这是他的问题, 不是你的问题)

12. lot in common, a
定义: 有很多相同之处.
例句: When we started to talk we discovered that we had a lot in common. (当我们开始畅谈之后, 我们发现我们两人有许多相同之处)

13. lot in life, one's
定义: 人生遭遇, 人生境遇.
例句: Unhappy with my lot in life, I moved to the city where I was born to start over. (不满我当时的人生境遇, 我搬迁回我出生的城市另起炉灶)

14. lot of bunk/folderol/garbage/nonsense, a
定义: 废话连篇.
例句: The president's speech was a lot of bunk. It contained no substance. (总裁的演说简直是废话连篇. 没有一点实质内容)

15. something/nothing good would come out of
定义: 会或不会带来好结果; 会或不会有什么好事.
例句: I told her that nothing good would come out of her retaliation. She was upset but six months later, she thanked me for telling her not to take revenge on him. (我告诉她, 她的报复行为不会带来什么好结果. 她当时很气愤但六个月之后, 她感谢我曾劝她不要对他施以报复)

16. lot/load/bunch of bull, a
定义: [不雅俚语]一堆垃圾! 胡说八道! 无聊透顶!
例句: That's a bunch of bull! What gives one group the right to believe they are better then anyone else especially when every citizen has sworn allegiance to that country? (简直胡说八道! 是谁给一个族群特权, 让他们相信他们比其他族群更加优秀尤其正当所有国民都已经宣誓效忠那个国家?)

17. lots of
定义: 很多的, 大量的.
例句: No problem. We have lots of parking space available. (没问题. 我们还有许多的停车车位)

18. loud and clear, be
定义: 清晰而易懂的.
例句: The message of the book is loud and clear: smoking kills. (这本书的主要信息是清晰而易懂的: 抽烟会致命的)

19. loud enough to wake the dead, be
定义: 吵死人, 太响了.
例句: The party went on until 2:00 a.m. and the music was loud enough to wake the dead. (这个派对一直延续到清晨两点, 音乐太响, 吵死人)

20. louse up, to
定义: 搞得乱七八糟, 因无笨拙无能处理造成无法挽回的伤害.
例句: She loused up her job interview and has no chance at all now to get the job. (她的求职面试搞得乱七八糟, 她已经完全没有机会取得这个工作了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客