royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 727

帖子 royl » 周日 1月 21, 2018 5:32 pm

二十笔实用成语 727

01. lower than a snake's belly (in a wagon rut), be
定义: 人格低劣, 卑鄙的; 极低的.
例句: Tom has no compassion or regard for anyone but himself. After seeing what he did to us last year makes me think that he's lower than a snake's belly. (汤姆冷酷无情, 除了自己, 他对任何人都不关心. 自从去年看到他对我们的所做所为, 让我觉得他人格卑鄙低劣)

02. lower the bar, to
定义: 降低标准或要求.
例句: It's not practical to set these hard-to-reach standards at this stage. So maybe lowering the bar is not a bad idea. (现阶段设定这些很难达到的标准是不切实际的. 所以降低标准或许是个好主意)

03. lower the boom on someone, to
定义: 严斥, 严惩, 阻止, 制止某人.
例句: The new radar equipment enabled the police to lower the boom on the rampant speeding problems. (这套新雷达装备使得警方能够遏止日益猖獗的超速驾驶问题)

04. lower the cost, to
定义: 降低成本或价格.
例句: Now that people realize that our product has a bright future. But it is still too expensive. We have to lower the cost as quickly as possible. (既然人们了解到我们产品拥有光明的未来. 但是它的价格还是太高. 我们必须尽快地把成本降低)

05. lowest common denominator, the
定义: 最小公分母; (歧视语)一个社会里面最多数的低水平, 低层次或低口味的民众.
例句: Television programming has sunk to the lowest common denominator. (电视节目的水平已经堕落到迎合低端大众的口味)

06. low-hanging fruit, the
定义: 容易做的事或容易解决的问题; 容易上当或相信别人的人.
例句: People who always want to be the first to buy a brand new product, they're the low-hanging fruit for our product. (总是想要买最新产品的人们, 他们就是容易接受我们产品的消费群众)

07. luck has nothing to do with it.
定义: 这跟幸运无关. (注: 意指某人凭本领做到了而非凭借好运)
例句: The reality is, many different factors come into play when becoming successful and luck has nothing to do with it. (实际的情况是, 获得成功是众多不同因素在因缘际会情况下起到了作用, 这跟幸运无关)

08. luck into/onto, to
定义: 凭运气碰巧遇见喜欢的人或物.
例句: I lucked into this apartment on the very day I started looking. (全凭着运气, 我碰巧在开始找的当天就找到这间公寓)

09. luck is against you
定义: 走歹运, 运气不佳.
例句: Some men are born lucky, and whatever they do will turn out well. You cannot succeed when luck is against you. (有些人是天生幸运, 不管他们怎么做都获得成功. 你之所以不能成功是因为运气欠佳)

10. luck is on your side; luck is with you
定义: 走运.
例句: Hey guys hope everyone is well! I have my last three exams this week. Hope luck is on my side this time. (嘿伙计们, 希望大家都过得安好! 我这个星期要考最后三场考试.希望这次能够考得顺顺利利)

11. luck of the draw, the
定义: 全凭运气, 人力不能左右.
例句: Plan your future. Don't depend on the luck of the draw. (计划你的未来. 别指望全凭运气)

12. luck of the Irish, the
定义: 纯粹是幸运.
例句: When Kerry wins a prize, he says, "Aye, it's the luck of the Irish." (当凯芮获得了这项奖品的时候, 他说, "哎, 这纯粹是幸运.")

13. luck out, to
定义: 凭运气碰巧遇见喜欢的人或物.
例句: I really lucked out when I ordered the Zhangcha duck. It's excellent! (我全凭运气点了这只樟茶鸭. 它真好吃!)
图片
樟茶鸭

14. lucky break, a
定义: 走了运; 幸运的转机.
例句: This could be my lucky break; just what I need to get my career going. (这次可能是该我走运的时候; 正是我所需要的让我生涯踏出第一步的转机)

15. lucky devil/dog, you
定义: 你这个幸运家伙.
例句: You just won an all-expenses-paid trip to the Bahamas? You lucky devil! (你是不是刚刚获得了到巴哈马群岛的免费旅游? 你这个幸运家伙!)

16. lucky star, a
定义: 幸运之星.
例句: You should thank your lucky star that you don't have to go to work on a rainy day like today. (你应该谢谢你的幸运之星让你不用在今天这样的雨天去上班)

17. lucky streak, a
定义: 好运连连, 一连串的幸运之事发生.
例句: Whenever I wear this ring, I have a lucky streak. I win every game! (每当我戴上这只戒指, 我就好运连连. 我赢得每场比赛!)

18. lull into, to
定义: 哄骗, 诱骗, 诱使.
例句: He lulls you into believing his promises. (他哄骗你让你相信他的承诺是可信赖的)

19. lull someone into a false sense of security, to; give someone a false sense of security, to
定义: 诱骗某人误认安全感. (注: 其实情况并不安全)
例句: The boss lulled us into a false sense of security by saying that our jobs were safe and then let half the staff go a month later. (老板诱骗我们让我们误以为工作有保障, 然后一个月以后把一半职员给解雇了)

20. lump in one's throat, a
定义: 因情绪激动而哽咽.
例句: I had a lump in my throat as I watched the casket of the fallen soldier return home. (我看到装着为国捐躯士兵的棺材被送回家乡的时候, 我情不自禁地难过而哽咽)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客