royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 729

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 29, 2018 3:04 am

二十笔实用成语 729

01. made for one another, be
定义: 绝配, 天作之合.
例句: The economies of China and India are made for one another. If they can keep their differences aside then both countries have a lot of common ground to explore for mutual benefit. (中国和印度的经济乃是绝配. 如果他们摒弃歧见的话, 借着两国有许多共同之处一起寻求互惠互利)

02. made from scratch, be
定义: 现做的; 从头做起; 使用自己准备的原材料不用外面买来的材料.
例句: The sourdough bread was made from scratch in the kitchen and it was excellent. (这些酵母酸面包完全是用新鲜的原料在厨房做的, 味道香喷喷的)
图片
酵母酸面包

03. made from, be
定义: 由...制成的. (注: 意指经由会产生化学变化的组件所制成的)
例句: Wine is made from grapes. (葡萄酒是由葡萄所酿造而成的. 注: 请注意made from和made of之间的差异)

04. made in the shade, be
定义: 一帆风顺, 称心如意; 终生富裕, 不愁吃穿.
例句: Sarah's got it made in the shade with her huge inheritance. (继承了大量的遗产, 莎拉可以下辈子富裕, 不愁吃穿)

05. made of money, be
定义: 极为富有的.
例句: No, you can't have another cell phone, I'm not made of money! (不行, 不能再给你买一只手机, 我又不是财神爷!)

06. made of stone, be
定义: 铁石心肠, 没有感情的.
例句: You would have to be made of stone not to be moved by this film. (除非你是铁石心肠否则你不会看了这个电影不感动流泪)

07. made of, be
定义: 由...制成的. (注: 意指经由不产生化学变化的组件或某些零件所组成的)
例句: "What's this table made of?" "It's oak, American white oak." ("这张桌子是用什么木料做的?" "橡木, 美国白橡木.")

08. made out of whole cloth, be
定义: 纯属杜撰的或幻想的.
例句: To be honest, I don't believe a word he says, it sounds made out of whole cloth to me. (说实话, 他说的话我一句都不信, 听起来像似一套编好的谎言)

09. made to perfection, be
定义: 制作完美, 完全合身, 完全合适.
例句: Order your sandwich, pick your bread, add your favorite toppings and we'll have it made to perfection. (点你要的三明治, 挑选你的面包, 加上你喜欢的配料, 我们就会替你做一套完美的三明治)
图片
三明治配料

10. made up, be
定义: 造假编造的.
例句: This little girl has made up a story about being a superhero. (这个小女孩编造了一套成为超级英雄的故事)

11. made with, be
定义: 由...作成的. (注: 意指一件物品由多种材料所组成, 经常是指食物)
例句: Authentic chop suey is made with leftovers stir-fried with rice or occasionally noodles. (道地的炒杂碎是由剩余食材加上米饭或者偶而以面条来代替经过热炒所作成的. 注: 炒杂碎是一道出名的美式中国饭菜)
图片
炒杂碎

12. main drag, the
定义: 一个城镇的主要的一条街道. (注: 尤其是小型城镇这条街就显得特别热闹繁荣)
例句: We spent most of Saturday evening driving up and down the main drag of the town. (周六傍晚大部分的时间我们在这个镇上的主街上来回地兜风)

13. main man, the
定义: 男性好友, 受仰慕的人, 主角, 受倚重之人.
例句: He's my main man, he's cool. He's got my back. (他是我的好友, 他很酷. 他总是在旁扶持我)

14. main squeeze, the
定义: [俚语]主要的恋人或甜心.
例句: I'd like you to meet Holly, my main squeeze. (我想给你引见荷莉, 她是我的爱人)

15. mainstream media, the
定义: 主流媒体.
例句: A majority of Americans would support the new tax bill if only the mainstream media had not misled them about its contents. (只要主流媒体不误导民众有关新税法内容的话, 多数的美国人将会支持这个税法)

16. maintain/protest one's innocence, to
定义: 坚持自己的无辜.
例句: The teenage student maintained his innocence despite all the threats. (尽管多方施加的恐吓, 这名少年学生仍旧坚持自己的无辜)

17. maintain plausible deniability, to
定义: 维持合理洗脱嫌疑的否认. (注: 意指有些长官要求手下不要告知他们所做的事件, 如此他可以事后宣称此事与他无关或当时不知情并拒绝负责)
例句: Actually, Tom is aware of everything around him, but he maintains plausible deniability. (其实汤姆完全清楚他周边所发生的事情, 但是他仍旧维持合理洗脱嫌疑的否认)

18. maintain the integrity of ..., to
定义: 保持...的完整或人格操守.
例句: We can't maintain the integrity of the National Art Gallery if we sell paintings in our collection. (如果我们也出卖我们所珍藏的绘画作品的话, 我们就无法维护国家艺术馆的完整性)

19. major credit cards, the
定义: [消费术语]主要信用卡. (注: 例如Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express等等有别于次级信用卡)
例句: There are four major credit card networks available for consumers. Typically, Mastercard and Visa are accepted in almost all places because of the lower fee structure. (消费者可使用的主要信用卡系统有四个. 一般来说, 由于它们的手续费比较低廉, 万事达卡和维萨卡几乎被所有地方接受)
图片
万事达卡
图片
维萨卡

20. major league, the
定义: 运动界的大联盟; 主要的, 著名的, 上得了台面的人物或团体.
例句: We have heard so much about this school, now it's suddenly major league on the map, it's in the big 12. (我们对这所学校慕名已久, 最近它一举成名, 被列为十二大联盟之一)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客