royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 730

帖子 royl » 周五 2月 02, 2018 2:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 730

01. make a beeline for, to
定义: 走直线途径; 抄近路.
例句: Billy came into the kitchen and made a beeline for the cookie jar. (比利走进厨房, 直接走向饼干罐)
图片
饼干罐

02. make a believer out of someone, to
定义: 令我确信, 令我彻底相信.
例句: I've never been concerned much about carrying a first-aid kit with us on a road trip, but that one wreck made a believer out of me. (我从来不怎么在意把急救箱带上车出远门, 但是那一次车祸的教训令我彻底相信车上放急救箱的重要)

03. make a bid, to
定义: 出价收购; 设法获得; 设法赢得.
例句: Lucy makes a bid of $1100, while Ellie makes a token bid of $20, even though she knows the necklace is worth much more. (露西出价一千一百块, 而同时埃莉只出了一个象征性的二十块价钱, 虽然她知道这件项链的价值远超过二十块钱)

04. make a big deal of it, to
定义: 大惊小怪, 小题大作, 无理取闹.
例句: Whenever Tim dances with me, Brenda makes a big deal of it. (每当提姆跟我跳舞, 布兰达总是小题大作, 无理取闹)

05. make a big to-do, to
定义: 大惊小怪, 抱怨连连, 大小事都抱怨, 小题大作, 无理取闹.
例句: If the waiter makes a mistake, don't make a big to-do about it. (如果服务员犯了错误, 别小题大作, 抱怨连连)

06. make a boo-boo, to
定义: 犯了一个粗心大意的错误.
例句: "I just made a boo-boo." "Don't worry. We can fix it." ("我刚才犯了一个粗心大意的错误." "别着急. 我们可以修好它.")

07. make a break for ..., to
定义: 拔腿冲向..., 迅速逃逸.
例句: As soon as I opened the door, my dog made a break for it and ran out into the street.
 (当我一打开门, 我的狗便拔腿冲出门跑进大街)

08. make a bundle, to
定义: 赚大钱.
例句: Her father made a bundle on the stock market in early nineties. (她爸爸在九零年代初期的股市赚了大钱)

09. make a case for something, to
定义: 提出该做某事充分的理由, 令人信服某事的正当性.
例句: Your friend here has been making quite a strong case for why I should hire you. (你朋友在这里提出了我为什么要雇用你的充分理由)

10. make a change, to
定义: 做改变.
例句: I opened an attached Word document and made changes, then saved them. But now I can't find the document to which I made the changes. (我打开了附件上的文字档, 做了一些修改然后把改变保存起来. 但是现在我找不到这份被我修改的文件. 注: 做多个改变则应使用made changes)

11. make a chump out of oneself, to
定义: 出丑, 出洋相, 丢人.
例句: You let those punks make a chump out of you? What's the matter? (你让那些小瘪三弄得你出丑? 你是什么问题啊? 注: 这里What's the matter? 并不是问候话, 它是责备和不满的话)

12. make a clean break, to
定义: 断然切断与某人的关系; 改弦更张, 完全改变以往的作风.
例句: I've been lingering too much on the mistakes I made in the past. It's high time I made a clean break and started fresh! (我花了太长的时间纠结在我过去犯的错误里. 此时正该是我完全改变以往的思维模式, 重新开始!)

13. make a clean breast of, to
定义: 一吐为快, 坦然认罪或认错.
例句: The man went to the police and made a clean breast of his crime. (此人去警局投案并向警方坦然认罪)

14. make a clean sweep, to
定义: 大胜, 连战皆捷; 彻底地, 完全地, 毫不例外地.
例句: The boss decided to change the direction of the company, so he made a clean sweep and fired all the top management. (这位老板决定改变公司营运的方向, 因此他毫不例外地把所有高层管理人员都解雇了)

15. make a comeback, to
定义: 卷土重来, 力图复苏, 东山再起, 试图扭转颓势.
例句: George Foreman made a comeback when he was over forty! (乔治•福尔曼居然在他四十多岁的时候东山再起!)
图片
曾二度夺下世界重量级拳击冠军的乔治•福尔曼

16. make a contribution, to
定义: 作出贡献; 捐献, 捐款.
例句: I would like to make a 100-dollar contribution to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. (我想要捐出一百块钱给予乳癌研究基金)

17. make a crack, to
定义: 对...发出不尊重的, 讥讽的话语.
例句: Stop making cracks about my girlfriend! (不准再讥讽我的女朋友!)

18. make a dash for ..., to
定义: 冲向..., 奔向...
例句: Suddenly Jimmy made a dash for Tom and punched him in the stomach. (吉米突然冲向汤姆, 打了他肚子一拳)

19. make a date, to
定义: 安排与某人聚会或约会.
例句: Let's get the department heads together and make a date for lunch next week. (让我们聚集各部门的负责人, 下星期安排一个午餐聚会)

20. make a day of it, to
定义: 充分投入整天工作或玩得痛快.
例句: We decided to make a day of it and spend the day at the beach. (我们决定整天在这片海滩玩个痛快)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 54 访客