royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 731

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 05, 2018 6:30 pm

二十笔实用成语 731

01. make a dead set at, to
定义: 坚决地努力以赴; 猛烈攻击或抨击; 极力博取异性喜爱或注意.
例句: He met an attractive girl at the party and made a dead set at her but without much luck. (他在派对里遇见了一位漂亮迷人的女郎, 他极力想要博取得她的关注但并没成功)

02. make a deal with ..., to
定义: 与...达成协议, 与...做笔买卖, 与...讨价还价.
例句: Let me make a deal with you. I'm going to pay your tuition as long as you go to school as a full-time student. (我跟你做笔交易吧. 只要你作为全时学生去上学的话, 我就会帮你付学费)

03. make a decent income, to
定义: 赚一份不错的收入.
例句: I just want to make a decent income so I can buy a nice house, nice car and have a good lifestyle. (我只想要一份不错的收入如此我可以买一栋好房子, 一部好车子,一套美好的生活方式)

04. make/put a dent (in something), to
定义: 撞出凹槽; 对某事产生影响; 减少或减弱; 取得少量进展.
例句: We worked hard all day but we didn't seem to make a dent in the amount of work left to do. (我们辛勤地工作了一整天但我们似乎无法减少一分还剩下的工作量)

05. make a difference, to
定义: 分辨, 找出差别; 做出贡献, 获得显著改善; 增加重要性, 令人重视.
例句: One person at a time, one day at a time, and one project at a time, we can make a difference that will leave a lasting impact on the world. (一个人接一个人, 一天接一天, 一个工程接一个工程, 我们可以做出给世界留下长远影响的贡献)

06. make a dupe of, to
定义: 欺骗, 诈欺, 愚弄, 造假.
例句: She made a dupe of men utilizing her sexiness to destroy everyone in her path to riches. (她利用她的妖娆妩媚愚弄男人来摧毁任何挡阻她通往富贵之路的人)

07. make a face, to
定义: 做苦相, 扮鬼脸.
例句: Young lady, don't you make a face at me! You will eat your broccoli or you won't have any dessert! (小姑娘, 妳别给我扮鬼脸! 妳必须吃妳的西兰花菜否则妳没甜点吃!)
图片
西兰花菜

08. make a false move, to
定义: 走错一步; 做出不智, 轻率或错误的一着; 失策.
例句: She's in a difficult financial situation, and if she makes a false move now she could lose everything. (她正陷入财务困难, 她如果现在做出了错误的一着她将会失去一切)

09. make a fast buck, to
定义: 赚外快; 套取近利. (注: 此成语是中性套取近利有可能是不义之财也有可能是正经的外快)
例句: This guy is always ready to make a fast buck. (这家伙从来都不放过赚外快的机会)

10. make a federal case (out) of it/this, to
定义: 小题大作, 大惊小怪, 无理取闹.
例句: Okay, so I used your hair dryer! Don't make a federal case of it. (好啦, 我是用了你的吹风机! 别小题大作, 无理取闹)

11. make a fine/good job of, to
定义: 将...做得很好.
例句: You might try Jose. He doesn't speak English well but he's a very pleasant young technician who made a fine job of fixing our central heating. (你可以试试何西. 虽然他英语说不好但他是个和蔼可亲的年轻技术员. 他修理我们家中央暖气系统的工作做得很出色)

12. make a fist, to
定义: 握拳.
例句: How to make a fist is one of the first things taught in karate, kung fu, taekwondo, or any art that includes punching or striking. (如何握拳是学习空手道, 功夫, 跆拳道, 或包括任何需要拳打或拳击的武术)

13. make a fool (out) of ..., to
定义: 令...出洋相; 愚弄...; 使...出丑或难堪.
例句: I know Greg is only trying to impress Lisa, but he's making a fool out of himself by telling so many corny jokes. (我晓得格雷格只是想要打动丽莎的心, 但他说出这么多俗不可耐的笑话反而使他自己出洋相)

14. make a fresh/new start, to
定义: 重新开始, 重头做起, 开始一个新人生.
例句: After my apologies and a short discussion, we agreed to make a fresh start of our friendship. (经过我的道歉和一短暂的讨论之后, 我们同意重头开始一段新友谊)

15. make a fuss, to
定义: 小题大作, 大惊小怪, 无理取闹, 对...过份地注意, 关心.
例句: He's making a fuss about nothing. (他无缘无故地大惊小怪, 无理取闹)

16. make a go of, to
定义: 获得成功.
例句: Although he tried hard he was never able to make a go of his business. (虽然他竭尽全力他仍旧没法在生意上获得成功)

17. make a good impression, to
定义: 给...一个好印象.
例句: I really want to make a good impression on my girlfriend's parents when I meet them for the first time this weekend. (当我这个周末第一次去见我女友的父母, 我确实想给他们留下一个好印象)

18. make a good thing of, to
定义: 从中获得好处或利益.
例句: If we try hard we can make a good thing of this job. (如果我们努力以赴, 我们可以从这项工作中使我们受益良多)

19. make a grab, to
定义: 试图抓住, 抓紧, 取走或抢走.
例句: She made a grab for the last piece of cake. (她试图抢走最后一片蛋糕)

20. make a grandstand play, to
定义: 卖弄, 故意做出夸张地炫耀动作.
例句: Our manager is more concerned with making a grandstand play for the CEO than effectively running the office. (我们经理并不关切有效率地管理这间办公室, 他更热衷于在总裁面前卖弄夸张的表演以博取上司的赞许)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 59 访客