royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 732

帖子 royl » 周四 2月 08, 2018 11:43 pm

二十笔实用成语 732

01. make a hash of, to
定义: 弄得一榻糊涂; 犯了太多的错误.
例句: I made a complete hash of the final exam. (这次期末考试我整个考得一团糟)

02. make a hit, to
定义: 非常成功; 非常受欢迎.
例句: Her cake made a big hit at the dinner party. (她的蛋糕在宴会上大受欢迎)

03. make a hole in something, to
定义: 花费掉大部份金钱, 耗用掉大部份物料.
例句: The cost of repairing the roof is really going to make a hole in our savings. (修理屋顶的费用的确会花掉我们大部分的积蓄)

04. make a horse's ass of oneself, to
定义: [不雅语]令自己出洋相, 出丑或难堪.
例句: If you're afraid to make a horse's ass of yourself, you will never be a successful performer. (如果你怕让自己出洋相的话, 你将永远成不了成功的艺人)

05. make a impact, to
定义: 造成重大影响或冲击.
例句: The book made a huge impact in the society when it first came out. (这本书刚发行的时候曾对社会产生重大的冲击)

06. make a killing, to
定义: 赚一大笔钱或暴利.
例句: Her mother made a killing on the real estate market before she retired. (她母亲在退休之前曾在房地产市场赚了大笔钱)

07. make a laughingstock of ..., to
定义: 令...成为笑柄.
例句: The board of directors made their company a laughingstock by hiring an ex-convict as president. (董事会让他们的公司成为笑柄因为他们雇用了一个有前科的人作总裁)

08. make a life for yourself, to
定义: 谋生; 谋发展.
例句: I heard that you want to make a life for yourself in Canada. That's good! (我听人说你想去加拿大另谋发展. 那很好啊!)

09. make a living hell (out) of someone, to
定义: 令某人在炼狱般地很痛苦.
例句: She complains about me all the time and makes a living hell of my life. (她老是抱怨我这个抱怨我那个, 她让我痛苦不堪地活在炼狱般的日子里)

10. make a living, to
定义: 糊口谋生, 赚足够钱养活自己.
例句: He cannot make a living by only doing a part-time job. (光做兼职工作, 他没法赚到足够钱养活自己)

11. make a long story short, to
定义: 长话短说, 说重点.
例句: I took a short-term job with the company and, to make a long story short, I ended up as managing director. (我在这家公司找到一个短期工作, 长话短说, 我后来就成为这家公司的总经理)

12. make a man (out) of someone, to
定义: 锻炼某人, 使他成为一个成熟, 勇于担当及自食其力的男人.
例句: I was just a kid when I came out of college, but my first few months at a real job made a man out of me. (我刚离开大学时候只是一个不成熟的孩子, 但是进入社会工作几个月之后, 它把我锻炼成一个成熟的男人)

13. make a martyr of, to
定义: 舍生取义, 使某人成为烈士; 夸张地使自己吃苦受罪以博取别人的同情或赞扬.
例句: My mother always made a martyr of herself at Christmas time, slaving away in the kitchen and then complaining about how tired she was. (我母亲总是在圣诞时节把自己弄得疲惫不堪, 她在厨房里辛勤地准备饭菜然后又抱怨她有多累)

14. make a meal of something, to
定义: 利用...做成一餐食物; 做成丰盛的一餐; 画蛇添足, 多做一些不必要的工作.
例句: I haven't had time to go to the supermarket, but we can probably make a meal out of whatever's left in the fridge. (我没时间去超市, 但我们或许可以把冰箱里的剩菜剩饭做成一餐佳肴)

15. make a mental note, to
定义: 记在心里. (注: 经常是以后要做的事)
例句: Jenny, make a mental note of this number and remind me to call it when we get home. (珍妮, 把这个电话号码记在心里, 等我们回家之后提醒我打这个电话)

16. make a mess of something, to
定义: 弄的乱七八糟, 造成大量毁损.
例句: I've got to get going and help my wife clean up. Our dog made a big mess of the backyard. (我必须要走了, 回去帮我太太清扫. 我们家的狗把后院弄的乱七八糟)

17. make a mint, to
定义: 赚大钱.
例句: We'll make a mint if we can manage to secure a trading partner in China. (如果我们有办法在中国稳妥地找到一个贸易伙伴的话, 我们便会赚大钱)

18. make a mistake, to
定义: 犯错, 搞错, 误会, 误认.
例句: I made a mistake and I am really sorry about it! (我犯了一个错误, 我真的很抱歉!)

19. make a mockery of, to
定义: 嘲弄某事; 令...成为笑柄; 让人觉得愚蠢; 一文不值.
例句: These endless appeals and delays make a mockery of the justice system. (这些无休止的上诉和延宕使得司法系统成为一场笑话)

20. make a monkey (out) of (someone or oneself), to
定义: 弄的自己或某人出丑, 丢人现眼.
例句: Are you trying to make a monkey out of me? (你是不是想要让我丢人现眼?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 40 访客