请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词against

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 02, 2010 1:19 pm

详解介词against

本文资料乃取自于韦氏学习者字典, 如网友有兴趣阅读英语原文,可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/against

1a. 反对:
Everyone was against them. [=everyone opposed them] (大家都反对他们)
We must continue the struggle for justice and against injustice. (我们必须要继续为公义奋斗对抗不公义)
She voted against the proposal. (她投票反对这个提案)
You're either for/with me or against me! [=you either support me or oppose me] (要不你支持我或反对我)
He spoke against appeasing the enemy. (他发言反对跟敌人妥协)
The US fought against Germany in World Wars I and II. = The US and Germany fought against each other in World Wars I and II. (在第一次与第二次世界大战中美国对德国作战)
Some people were for the proposal but others were against it. (有些人同意提案但是其他人反对)
There's a law against doing that. (做那样事是犯法的)
His parents were angry when they learned he had borrowed the car against their wishes. [=he borrowed the car even though they did not want him to] (他的父母知道他违反父母的意愿借别人车开很生气)
Against my advice, she quit her job. [=she quit her job even though I advised her not to] (不顾我的劝告, 她辞职了)
He was being held against his will. [=he was being kept in a place by force even though he wanted to leave] (他被迫强制在某处虽然他想离开)

1b. 比赛, 对抗:
two runners racing against each other (两个赛跑选手互相对抗)
It's the Yankees against [=versus] the Red Sox tonight. (今晚洋基对对抗红袜队)

2. 不利影响或伤害:
He denies the charges that have been made against him. (他否认对他不利的指控)
The evidence against him is very convincing. (对他不利的证据非常令人相信)
The war was a crime against humanity. (这个战争乃是对人类的罪行)
Someone has been making threats against her. (有人恐吓对她不利)

3. 不同意, 不允许, 违反:
You can't do that. It's against the law. [=the law does not allow it] (你不能这样做, 这是非法的)
Touching the ball with your hands is against the rules. (以手碰球是违规的)
I won't do it. It's against my principles. [=my principles don't allow it; I believe that it is wrong] (我不会做这件事, 这是违反我的原则)
They were acting against tradition. [=acting in a way that did not agree with tradition] (他们在做出违反传统的行为)

4a. 反对, 不利:
Everything was/went against them. [=everything that happened was unfavorable to them] (一切发生的事情都对他们不利)
Her appearance is/counts against her. [=her appearance does not help her; people form a bad opinion of her because of her appearance] (她的外表对她不利)

4b. 不喜欢的原因:
I have nothing against him. [=I don't dislike him; I have no reason for disliking him] (我并非不喜欢他)
We disagree about many things, but I don't hold it/that against you. [=I don't dislike you because of it/that] (我们有许多事情意见相反, 但是我对你没有偏见)

5. 与另一人, 事或物对比:
Profits are up this year against last year. [=profits are higher this year than they were last year] (利润比去年提高)
The yen rose/fell against the dollar. (日元对比美元升值/贬值)
a graph that plots height against weight (一个画出高度对比重量的曲线图)
We will weigh/balance the risk against the possible benefit. [=we will compare the risk with the possible benefit] (我们会衡量/平衡风险与可能的收益)

6a. 抵抗, 防御:
He built a crude hut as a shelter against [=from] the cold. (他建造了一个粗糙的御寒小屋)
injections against flu (抵抗流感的注射)

6b. 为…准备:
saving against [=for] an uncertain future (为了准备不确定的未来所作的储蓄)

7. 撞击, 触及, 依靠:
I accidentally knocked/hit my head against the shelf. (我的头不小心地撞到架子)
The waves were beating against [=on] the shore. (海浪撞击着岸边)
She accidentally brushed against him as she walked by. (她不小心触及到他当她路过)
The ladder was leaning against the wall. (梯子斜靠着墙壁)
She was resting her head against the side of the chair. (她的头托在椅边)

8. 逆向行动:
They were sailing against the wind. (他们逆风航行)
swimming against the current/tide (逆流游水)

9. 以…作为背景:
The tree looked beautiful when viewed against the dark sky. (这棵树以阴暗天空为背景看起来很美)
Her colorful coat stood out against the dull colors of the room. (鲜艳的大衣对比灰暗单调的房间显得突出)

10. 以…为费用:
The purchase was charged against [=to] her account. [=the amount of money needed for the purchase was added to the amount owed in her account] (这次购买费用被算入她的帐户内)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客