royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1251

帖子 royl » 周五 4月 26, 2024 5:24 pm

二十笔实用成语 1251

01. double-dog dare, a
定义: 更大胆, 更具刺激性的挑战; 激将法.
例句: A teenager jumped off a cruise ship on a double-dog dare, and was never seen again. This was 4 days ago. (一名少年在大胆挑战的刺激下从一艘游轮上跳下海, 从此再也没有 出现过. 这是四天前的事)

02. you know what? you are right
定义: 你知道吗? 你是对的.
例句: You know what? You are right. I apologize for saying something stupid and hurtful. (你知道吗? 你是对的. 我为我说了一些愚蠢和伤人的话而道歉)

03. it's wrong and you know it!
定义: 你知道这是不对的!
例句: You're going to drop this lawsuit because it's wrong and you know it. (你得撤回这件诉讼案, 因为你知道这是不对的)

04. are you sure?
定义: 你确定吗?
例句: "Are you sure you're not hungry?" "I am not hungry at all. I ate in the plane. We can go get some drinks." ("你确定你肚子不饿吗?" "我一点也 不饿. 我在飞机上吃过饭了. 我们可以去喝点饮料.")

05. (can) you dig (it)?
定义: [俚语]你听得懂吗? 喜欢吗? 看见了吗?
例句: I don't want to hear another word about it. You dig? (我不想再听到你谈论这件事. 听懂了吗?)

06. (do) you follow me?
定义: 你懂我的意思吗?
例句: The work has to be finished today. Do you follow me? (这项工作今天必须完成. 你明白我的意思吗?)

07. you're full of it and you know it
定义: 你心里明白你在鬼扯.
例句: I give you a legit criticism and you resort to name calling. Your assumptions are farcical; you're full of it and you know it! (我对你提出一个合情合理批评, 你却谩骂我. 你的假设是荒谬 可笑的; 你心里明白你根本是在鬼扯!)

08. don't you just love it?
定义: 你能不喜欢它吗? 你不觉得很有趣吗? (注: 有时也用来反讽某些令人可笑或厌恶的事情)
例句: Don't you just love it when a man explains to you what it means to be a woman? (当一个男人向你解释身为女人意味着是什么的时候, 你不觉得很有趣吗?)

09. could you just give me a minute?
定义: 你能不能给我一点时间好吗? (注: could和can在这里都可以使用, 只是使用could让语气变得更加礼貌, 柔和)
例句: I've seen your text but I'm tied up right now. Could you just give me a minute? (我已经看了你的简讯, 但我现在很忙. 你能不能给我一点时间好吗? )

10. elaborate on (someone or something), to
定义: 说得详细点.
例句: Can you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do here. (你能不能说得详细点? 我不太明白你想要做什么. 注: 第二句尾的 here并不是"这里"的意思, 它并不具有任何意义, 只是作为加强语气用的)

11. can you say something nice?
定义: 你能不能说点好听的话吗? (注: 意指敦促此人别一直讲一些令人反感的话)
例句: Can you say something nice? I am feeling very low. Whenever I'm down I remind myself that things will always get better, no matter what. (你能不能说点好听的话吗? 我的心情很低落. 每 当我情绪低落时, 我都会提醒自己, 无论发生了什么, 事情总有转圜的余地)

12. how do you go about this?
定义: 你该如何做这件事呢? 你该如何解决这个问题?
例句: How do you go about this without making the employer feel awkward? (你该如何在不让雇主感到尴尬的情况下解决这个问题?)

13. how much are you willing to bet?
定义: 你要赌多少钱?
例句: "How much are you willing to bet on it?" "I'll be happy to put down $1000 that this will not happen." ("你愿意为这事赌多少钱?" "我很乐意下注1000 美元打赌这件事决不会发生.")

14. you think he is behind this?
定义: 你认为他是这件事情的背后主谋吗?
例句: I don't mean he did it himself but I think he is behind the whole thing. (我并不是说这件事是他本人干的, 但我认为他是这整件事的幕后黑手)

15. you think you're right but you're wrong
定义: 你认为你是对的, 但你错了.
例句: You think you're right but you're wrong. This makes you dangerous because it makes you unpredictable. (你认为你是对的, 但你错了. 这就让你变得危险, 因为你总是不 按牌理出牌, 让别人摸不着头脑)

16. how do you think it will turn out?
定义: 你认为这件事的结果将会如何?
例句: How do you think it will turn out? What will happen if the jury finds him guilty? (你认为这件案子的结局将会如何? 如果陪审团判他有罪将会怎样?)

17. do you think Lisa is cut out for teaching?
定义: 你认为丽莎适合教书吗?
例句: "Do you think Lisa is cut out for teaching?" "She's bright and she loves to read. I think she's cut out for being a schoolteacher." ("你认为丽莎适合教书吗?" "她很聪慧, 也喜欢读书. 我认为她适合当教师")

18. you misinterpreted what I said
定义: 你误解了我的话; 你曲解了我的话.
例句: You misinterpreted what I said. And it is your fault that my words were taken out of context. (你曲解了我的话. 将我的话断章取义的责任应由你来承担)

19. he didn't hear a word you said
定义: 你说的话他一个字都没听见. (注: 意指可能是由于听者专心想别的事情的缘故)
例句: You didn't hear a word I said. I'm staying with the Lins and going to Galveston for the weekend. We can talk some other time. (我说的话你一个字都没听见. 我住在林家, 准备去加尔维斯顿渡周末. 我们改天再聊)

20. you've outdone yourself this time
定义: 你这次表现优异.
例句: Wow, Mom, this chili is delicious. You've outdone yourself this time! (哇, 妈妈, 这个辣肉酱真好吃. 这次你发挥了超水平的厨艺!)
图片
辣肉酱

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 232 访客