royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 200

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 07, 2011 1:46 pm

二十笔实用成语 200

01. chance of rain, the
定义: 下雨的机率.
例句: Late July and early August are normally the driest and hottest parts of the summer, so the chance of rain is slim. (七月底和八月初自然是夏季最干最热的时节, 因此下雨的机率渺茫)

02. chance on/upon, to
定义: 凑巧发现或遇到.
例句: I chanced upon a restaurant serving Civet coffee and could not pass up the chance to taste this wonder. (我凑巧发现一家餐厅供应麝香猫咖啡, 我不能错过享受这奇异饮料的机会. 注: 麝香猫咖啡是全球最昂贵, 低产量的咖啡, 产地为印尼; 一磅约为$160)

图片
亚洲麝香猫
图片
麝香猫咖啡豆

译者注: 麝香猫咖啡亦称"猫屎咖啡". 麝香猫主要以咖啡豆为食, 咖啡豆在胃里完成发酵后蛋白质被破坏, 产生短肽和更多的自由氨基酸, 咖啡的苦涩味降低, 再排出来的粪便便是主要原料. 由于咖啡豆不能被消化, 被排泄出来之后经过清洗, 烘培后就成了麝香猫咖啡. 来源: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/猫屎咖啡

03. chance one's arm, to
定义: 冒险看看, 碰碰运气. (注: 意指对自己有相当信心并非孤注一掷虽然仍有可能失败)
例句: The newspaper chanced its arm by printing the story. (这家报纸冒险​​地登出这个故事)

04. chance one's luck, to
定义: 冒险看看, 碰碰运气. (注: 意指对自己有相当信心并非孤注一掷虽然仍有可能失败)
例句: I decided not to chance my luck, ate humble pie and drove away. (我决定不冒险, 忍辱认输, 开车离开)

05. chances are
定义: 非常可能.
例句: Chances are they're lost, and that's why they're late. (他们非常可能迷了路, 这就是为什么他们迟到)

06. chancy
定义: 不确定的, 危险的.
例句: Building your own home is a chancy business. (建造你自己的房屋是件危险的事)

07. change a flat tire, to
定义: 更换泄气轮胎.
例句: A man pulled over the westbound Ventura Freeway to help a pickup driver change a flat tire and was fatally struck by a car that veered into him. (一个人在往西的凡秋拉高速公路边停靠下来, 协助一个卡车司机更换泄气轮胎, 他却被一部猛然转向的汽车撞死)

08. change a/the bed sheets, to
定义: 换床单.
例句: It's been 14 days and I haven't changed the bed sheets and pillow case and comforter. Yes, it costs a lot of money in the laundry shop. (已经十四天了, 我还没换床单, 枕头套,和被子. 是的, 送到洗衣店去洗是很贵的)

图片
被子, 也可以垫在床垫上作褥子

09. change around/round, to
定义: 更变顺序, 改放不同位置.
例句: When I got back everything in my office had been changed around. (当我回到办公室之后, 我发现办公室所有的东西都被改放不同位置)

10. change clothes, to
定义: 换衣服.
例句: He has a mixed reaction when Sasha starts changing her clothes in the middle of a conversation. (在交谈中间莎夏开始换衣服让他反应矛盾. 注: 这里的mixed reaction是好坏参半的反应)

译者注: 依照韦氏学习字典, mixed reaction里的mixed定义是both good and bad, favorable and unfavorable, etc.

11. change color, to
定义: 变色.
例句: The leaves are starting to change color. (这些树叶开始变颜色)

12. change down, to
定义: [英国](汽车排档)从高速档换低速档.
例句: You have to change down when you drive uphill. (当你在爬坡时候, 你必须要从高速档换低速档. 注: 当你把车子转换低速档之后, 车子的速度虽然降低, 但扭转力增加, 给车子更大的爬坡冲力)

13. change for the better, a
定义: 转好, 进入佳境.
例句: My attitude has changed for the better. I'm more positive now. (我的态度已经转好了. 我现在变得更积极)

14. change for the worse, a
定义: 更加恶化.
例句: More Americans than ever believe the nation has changed for the worse since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. (比任何时候还更多的美国人相信自从二零零一年九月十一日恐怖份子攻击之后这个国家更加恶化)

15. change from hour to hour, to
定义: 不时地改变.
例句: The Oregon Coast does not get extremely hot or cold, but the weather changes from hour to hour, so you need to be prepared for anything. (奥立冈州海岸地区既不极热也不极冷, 不过它的天气不时地改变, 所以你须要准备好任何变化)

16. change hands, to
定义: 换手, 换主人.
例句: That condo changed hands three times in one year – three owners! (那套私有公寓在一年内换手三次—三个主人!)

17. change horses in midstream, to
定义: 临阵换将, 重要时刻更换计划或更换人事.
例句: We're in the furniture business, not clothing. We can't change horses in mid stream. (我们从事的是家具生意, 不是服装生意. 我们不能在重要时刻更换计划或人事)

18. Change is good.
[成语句型](这个)改变是好的.

19. change of air, a
定义: [英国]换个气候, 换个地方, 去别的地方.
例句: I could really use a change of air. (我想要换个地方走走)

20. change of direction, a
定义: 改变方向或方针.
例句: Some say that a change of direction is needed; others that going further in the same direction will bring success. (有些人认为需要改变方向; 其他人认为继续现有的方向会带来成功)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 283 访客