royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十筆實用成語 347

帖子 royl » 周六 5月 12, 2012 10:46 pm

二十筆實用成語 347

01. end in something, to
定義: 以某事或物為結束或為末端.
例句: Nearly 30,000 military marriages ended in divorce in the 2011 fiscal year, up to its highest level since 1999. (於二零一一會計年度中, 幾乎三萬對軍人婚姻以離婚結束, 創一九九九年以來最高的數量)

02. end in tears, to
定義: 以悲劇收場, 以悲劇的結局告終.
例句: She only met him in M​​ay and they were married by July. It'll end in tears, you'll see. (她五月才跟他認識, 七月他們就結婚. 這個婚姻會肯定會以悲劇收場, 你等著瞧吧)

03. end in, to
定義: 以...為結局/告終; 成為最後一部分.
例句: The heated council meeting ended in chaos last night with a former councilor arrested. (這個爭議激烈的市議會會議昨晚以亂成一團以及一個前市議員被逮捕告終)

04. end it all, to
定義: 自殺, 一了百了.
例句: Like many soldiers before him, Corporal Berry sunk into a depression so deep he decided to end it all. (有如過去眾多的的士兵一樣, 白瑞下士陷入嚴重的憂鬱症令他消沈到決定自殺)

05. end justifies the means, the
定義: 為了達到目的不擇手段/無所不用其極; 只要結果是滿意的而不擇手段.
例句: The end justifies the means, I don't care if we have to cut down the forest to make space for the golf course. (為了達到目的不擇手段, 如果我們必須要鏟平這片森林讓出空間給這個高爾夫球場我也不在乎)

06. end of case, the
定義: 就是這樣了, 結束了, 不必再談了, 別再說三道四了.
例句: In a court of law, she was not convicted of any crime. That's it. End of case. (她並沒有被法院定下任何罪. 就是這樣. 別再說三道四了. 注: 意指她並沒有觸犯任何法律刑條)

07. end of day, the
定義: 工作天的結束.
例句: If you are going to run the backup at end of day, you have to close all applications first. (如果你要在工作結束的時候做一個備份的話, 你必須先要關掉所有的應用軟件)

08. end of story, the
定義: 就是這樣了, 結束了, 不必再談了, 別再說三道四了.
例句: I did it because I wanted to. End of story. (我做這件事因為我高興, 我喜歡. 就是這樣了, 不必再談了)

09. end of the line/road, the
定義: 終線, 結局, 終結或終點.
例句: Our friendship reached the end of the road with a nasty fight. (我們的友誼以一個惡言相向的翻臉吵架終結)

10. end on a high note, to
定義: 以皆大歡喜收場, 滿意地結束.
例句: The semester ended on a high note. (這個學期滿意地結束)

11. end on a low/sour note, to
定義: 不歡而散, 以不愉快的結局收場或結束.
例句: Their relationship ended on a sour note. (他們的關係以不愉快的結局收場)

12. end over end
定義: 摔個大筋斗; 翻滾.
例句: In very rough seas, a small boat can be thrown end over end. (在波濤洶湧的大海上, 一葉小舟肯定會被掀得翻滾)

13. end product, the
定義: 終端產品, 終產物, 最終結果.
例句: Sadness is the end product of selfishness. (悲傷是自私的最終結果)

14. end result, the
定義: 最終結果.
例句: The end result is not as important as the learning experience. One aspect of spirituality is learning to question yourself. (學習的過程比最終結果還重要. 靈修的一個特性是學習懷疑你自己)

15. end run, an
定義: [美式足球術語]載球者企圖繞一大圈跑向終線; 逃避性的詭計或動作.
例句: The student did an end run and went directly to the principal of the school rather than to his teacher. (這個學生使出一個逃避性的詭計, 他直接去找校長而不去找他的老師)

16. end to end
定義: 首尾相連/銜接地.
例句: Along the curtains were two tables, end to end with the double-length appliquéd tablecloth Tom bought me at the Great Wall of China. (沿著這些窗簾放著兩張首尾銜接的桌子, 上面舖蓋著湯姆在中國長城買給我的雙倍長度拼花桌布)
图片
拼花桌布

17. end up as ..., to
定義: 結果/最後變成了…
例句: He wanted to have a romantic relationship with this woman but ended up as "just friends." (他本想要跟這個女子成為男女朋友但最後變成了"只是朋友"的關係)

18. end up being ..., to
定義: 結果/最後變成了…
例句: I didn't much care for seafood but grilled shrimp tacos ended up being my favorite. (我本來不喜歡海產食物但燒烤蝦麵餅捲最後變成了我喜歡的食物)
图片
燒烤蝦麵餅捲

19. end up in a body bag, to
定義: 結果/最後死亡, 戰死, 被殺死. (注: 放在運屍的袋子裡意味著死亡)
例句: Seems like every politician who tried to make a change ended up in a body bag. (似乎每個想要改革的政治人物最後都被殺死)

20. end up, to
定義: 結果/最後變成.
例句: Almost in unison, my tenants started to flake out on paying rent and I ended up having to evict all of them before their leases were over. (幾乎一致地, 我的房客開始不付房租, 我最後只好把他們在租約到期之前全部趕走)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 291 访客