royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 352

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 20, 2012 11:41 pm

二十笔实用成语 352

01. even if only
定义: 哪怕只是, 只要.
例句: If you are having regrets and disappointed, you might as well admit it, even if only to yourself. (如果你感觉后悔和失望的话, 你干脆认错算了, 哪怕是只跟自己认错也好)

02. even in/under the best of circumstances
定义: 即使在最好的情况下.
例句: Divorce is difficult even under the best of circumstances. It can become even more complicated when there are children involved. (即使在最好的情况下, 离婚仍是令人困难面对的. 如果牵连到子女的话, 被它会变为更麻烦)

03. even keel, an
定义: 良好或稳定的状况; 心平气和, 沉稳内敛.
例句: He doesn't back down from anybody and he keeps an even keel. (他从来不向任何人低头让步而且他沉稳内敛)

04. even less
定义: 甚至/还要更少.
例句: Unless the vehicle is in big demand and short supply, you should be able to pay even less than that by doing some homework before you visit the dealership. (去经销商买车之前借着做一些研究, 你应该会付出比那个价格还要更少的钱除非这个车子极为抢手而且供不应求)

05. even money, an
定义: 胜负各半的赌注, 发生的机会是五十五十.
例句: It's even money that it will rain today. ​​(今天会下雨的机会是五十五十. 注: 意指下雨和不下雨的机会是相等的)

06. even more
定义: 甚至/还要更多.
例句: The new movie packed even more of a punch in its opening weekend than previously thought. (这部新电影在它的首映周末所展现出甚至更大的强劲人气超过原先的预料)

07. even more so
定义: 甚至更是如此.
例句: Knowledge is power and even more so when it comes to the law. (知识就是力量, 当涉及到法律的层面上时, 它更是如此)

08. even now
定义: 就在现在(与right now同义); 尽管如此; 即使现在.
例句: I've thought about it so much, but even now I can't believe how lucky I was to survive the accident. (我花了不少时间思考这件事, 即使现在我还不敢相信我居然在这个车祸中能幸存下来)

09. even out, to
定义: 变为平坦; 抚平, 弄平滑, 扯平; 趋于平衡, 回到平均点或中央点.
例句: The economy had good periods and bad periods, but it all evened out by the end of the year. (这个经济有增长的时期也有衰退的时期, 但整个年度来说都会互相平衡)

10. even so
定义: 既使如此, 仍然, 就算如此.
例句: Lydia is good at math. Even so, she had trouble doing the last homework problem. (莉蒂亚数学很强. 既使如此, 她做上一次的功课仍有困难)

11. even the score, to
定义: 与对方平手, 得分一样; 报复, 报仇, 算帐.
例句: The United States government tried to even the score by reducing the amount of sugar imported from the rebel country. (美国政府试图以删减输入糖配额来报复这个不听美国使唤的国家)

12. even then
定义: 就在当时(与right then同义); 尽管如此; 即使在当时.
例句: We showed her the proof, but even then, she wouldn't admit she was wrong. (我们拿出证据给她看, 但尽管如此, 她还是不承认她是错的)

13. even though
定义: 虽然如此.
例句: She stays with her husband even though he often mistreats her and takes refuge in drinking. (虽然他丈夫经常虐待她并且以酗酒逃避现实, 她仍然不离开他)

14. even up
定义: (经由调整, 补偿)使平均, 相当, 平衡, 平坦, 方正; 扯平, 拉平.
例句: We should concentrate on make sure no one is discriminated and stop trying to even up the table legs with a saw or we will have no leg to stand. (我们应该着重于确保没有人受到歧视, 停止试图以锯子锯桌脚来保持桌子的平衡否则把桌脚锯光后我们就无法立足了)

15. even with all the support, ...
定义: 即使拥有所有的支持, …
例句: It is a battle and, even with all the support given to you, you still have to put the effort in—but it pays. (这是一个战斗, 即使拥有所有给予你的支持, 你仍然必须要投入努力—但取得的报酬却是值得的)

16. even worse
定义: 还要糟, 更糟, 更令人不满, 岂不更糟.
例句: I would rather eat leftover fish cold, reheated fish smells even worse. (我宁愿吃冷的剩鱼, 把剩鱼再加热后的味道更糟)

17. even-steven/even stevens
定义: 互不相欠, 平手, 两人在游戏或比赛得分一样.
例句: Give me 20 dollars and we're even-steven. (给我二十块钱我们就互不相欠)

18. even-tempered, be
定义: 脾气平和的, 随和的. (注: 意指不轻易发怒的)
例句: Usually I'm fairly even-tempered, but sometimes I get upset and before I know it I've let my anger get the best of me. (通常我的脾气是挺平和的, 但有时我会发怒而且我很快地被愤怒冲昏头)

19. events occurred
定义: 这些事件发生. (注: 请注意事件的发生是用occur)
例句: The events occurred in Fukushima last year have forever changed the way we view the reactors in our midst. (这些去年在福岛所发生事件已经永远地改变我们对于设在我们周遭核子反应堆的看法)

20. ever and again/anon
定义: 有时地, 偶尔地.
例句: I call my mom sometimes, visit her ever and again, help her when she needs. (我有时打电话给我妈妈, 偶尔去看看她, 每当她有需要时我也去帮她忙. 注: 这里的when与whenever同义)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 303 访客