royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 353

帖子 royl » 周二 5月 22, 2012 11:53 am

二十笔实用成语 353

01. ever since
定义: 自从...之后, 自此之后, 从那时候到现在.
例句: I met her once in January this year, but haven't met her ever since. We send text messaging a lot, but occasionally talk on the phone. (我跟她在今年一月见过一次面, 但我自此之后再也没见过她. 我们时常互发短讯, 但偶尔通电话)

02. ever so
定义: 非常地... (注: 意指加强语气之用)
例句: She was ever so sweet, caring, and appreciative of the time we spent together. (她非常地温柔体贴, 关怀我, 并珍惜我们相聚的时光)

03. ever so much
定义: 非常地, 极为...
例句: Thank you ever so much for keeping me informed of valuable information. (非常感激你不停地提供我宝贵的消息)

04. ever so often
定义: 有时, 偶尔, 断断续续地.
例句: Check on the houseplants every so often to see if they need water. (偶尔检查一下你的室内植物看看它们是否需要浇水)
图片
室内植物

05. ever such
定义: 非常地, 极为…
例句: I was so sorry you weren't with us last night; we had ever such a nice time. (我很遗憾你昨夜没跟我们在一起; 我们玩得非常愉快)

06. Ever yours
定义: 书信结尾礼貌语.

07. every bit as
定义: 完全一样地.
例句: Regardless of one's feelings about Islam, burning a Quran is every bit as unethical as burning a Bible or an American flag. (不论任何人对伊斯兰教的看法如何, 烧毁一本可兰经跟烧毁一本圣经或一面美国国旗完全一样地不道德)

08. every bit as good as ...
定义: 跟...完全地一样好.
例句: These baked onion rings are every bit as good as those fried ones. (这些烤洋葱圈跟炸洋葱圈完全地一样好吃)
图片
洋葱圈

09. every corner
定义: 每个角落.
例句: China's influence reaches every corner of Asia and increasingly the world. (中国的影响远达亚洲每个角落并日益扩展到全世界)

10. every hour on the hour
定义: 在每小时的整点时刻.
例句: The all-weather ferries leave every hour on the hour, 7am to 6pm, 365 days of the year. (这艘全天候的渡船全年每天早晨七点到下午六点每小时的整点时刻离岸出航)
图片
连人带车一起载的渡船

11. every inch
定义: 极度地, 每一方面地, 完全地.
例句: City living often means using every inch of your limited space. (城市生活经常意味着完全地利用你的有限空间)

12. every Joe and Jane
定义: 每个普通人, 每个平民百姓, 每个张三李四.
例句: Never give out your contact info, especially the ones you don't want every Joe and Jane to know. (千万别公布你的联络资料, 尤其是那些你不希望每个普通人知道的资料)

13. every last one
定义: 每一个或全部(人或物).
例句: Every last one of you who voted to approve this legislation is not a human being but an animal wishing to dominate over other human beings. (你们这些投票同意这条法律的每个人都不是人而是一头企图要支配其他人类的畜牲)

14. Every little bit helps.
[成语句型]任何贡献, 不论多小, 都是有帮助的.

15. every little thing
定义: 每件小事/物资, 一切事物.
例句: Every little thing is going to count in this time of need. (在这个物资贫乏的时候, 每件小物资都重要)

16. every man for himself
定义: 人人为己; 人不为己, 天诛地灭.
例句: At first we tried to help each other study for the exam, but soon it was every man for himself, and no one assisted anyone else. (起初, 我们试图互相帮助准备这场考试, 但没多久就变成人人为己, 没有人再协助别人)

17. every man jack (of us/them)
定义: 每个人, 没例外.
例句: The boss was very careful about whom he hired for the job, and he interviewed every man jack. He didn't just hire any Tom, Dick, or Harry. (这个老板对他所雇用的人非常谨慎, 他面试每个人. 他不随便雇用任何人)

18. every minute/moment counts
定义: 时间紧凑, 分秒必争.
例句: In the fast-moving business world, every minute counts. (在这个瞬息万变的商业环境里, 分秒必争)

19. every mother's son of you
定义: 大家, 你们每一个人.
例句: I know it was Tom's idea but I think every mother's son of you had a hand in it too. (我知道这是汤姆出的主意但你们每一个人都有参与)

20. every nook and cranny
定义: 每个地方, 每个缝隙地, 到处地. (注: 意指找遍, 寻遍各处)
例句: I've searched for it in every nook and cranny, and I still can't find it. (我一直到处地找, 但我还是没找着它)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 308 访客