royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 356

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 25, 2012 8:46 pm

二十笔实用成语 356

01. evil-minded, be
定义: 心地邪恶的, 恶毒的.
例句: Only an evil-minded and idiotic despot can believe himself above the law but he also destroys the same law he created. (只有心地邪恶及愚蠢的独裁者才会相信他自己凌驾法律之上, 但他也摧毁了他自己所制定的同一个法律)

02. evolve into, to
定义: 进化为, 进展为.
例句: Her company has evolved from a hobby into a thriving business. (她的公司已经从一个嗜好逐步发展成为一个欣欣向荣的企业)

03. ex nihilo nihil fit
定义: [拉丁文]无中不能生有. (注: 意指无只能生无; 无不能生有)
例句: I agree with "ex nihilo nihil fit" in general but why do you hear all sorts of sounds coming from a complete silence? (我大体上同意"无中不能生有"这个论点, 但在完全寂静的时候为什么你可以听到各种声音?)

04. ex, an
定义: 前妻或前女友/前男友. (注: ex本用为前置词例如ex-boyfriend即前男友)
例句: After the divorce, his ex got the Mercedes, and he got the truck. (离婚后, 他的前妻分得了宾士车, 他分得了这部卡车. 注: 在美国Mercedes-Benz的车厂名称被简化为Mercedes)
图片
宾士S系列房车

05. exact a huge toll, to
定义: 造成/付出巨大伤亡. (注: exact是要求, toll是死伤)
例句: The approaching hurricane could exact a huge toll. (这个逐渐逼近的台风可能会造成巨大伤亡)

06. exact revenge, to
定义: 报仇, 复仇, 报复.
例句: I won't rest until I've exacted revenge. (不报此仇我不罢休)

07. exact same vs. exactly the same
定义: [易混淆字或片语]exact same在口语上还可以用, 但是在正式英文上应该使用exactly the same.

08. Exactamundo!
定义: [俚语]正是如此! 正确! 对了!
例句: Exactamundo! That's the one! (对! 就是那一个!)

09. Exactly!
定义: [惊叹语]正是如此! 正确! 对了!
例句: Exactly! That's the spirit! (对了! 这才是正确态度!)

10. exalt vs. exult
定义: [易混淆字或片语]exalt(动词)提升, 赞扬, 提高, 增强; exult(动词)欢天喜地.

11. exalted sentiments, the
定义: 高贵/崇高的情操.
例句: He doesn't have exalted sentiments. He can be bought. (他才没有高贵的情操. 他是可以用钱收买的)

12. exc​​eed in, to
定义: 在某个领域超越, 胜过.
例句: "A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions." – Confucius ("君子欲讷于言而敏于行." – 孔子)

13. exc​​eedingly well-read, be
定义: 博学多闻的.
例句: Not only is she brilliant, exceedingly well read, and full of grace, she can really write. (她不但聪慧, 博学多闻, 以及充满慈悲之心, 她还擅长写作)

14. exc​​ellent assessment of the situation, an
定义: 极好的状况评估.
例句: The article gives an excellent assessment of the situation in Greece with the passage of criminal austerity measures. (这篇文章作出对于希腊所通过的不道德财政紧缩措施极好的状况评估)

15. exc​​ept for ...
定义: ...除外或例外; 要不是因为...
例句: I got all A's on my report card, except for a B in Calculus. (除了微积分我拿了一个B之外, 我其他都拿A)

16. exc​​ept for one thing
定义: 除了一件事, 但有一事不明.
例句: It makes sense except for one thing – how did you come to the conclusion that he is the one who disconnected the smoke detectors. (说得有道理, 但有一事不明–你如何断定他就是那个把烟火警报器拔掉的人)
图片
装在天花板上的烟火警报器

17. exc​​eption to the rule
定义: 规律/规则的例外, 例外.
例句: It might have appeared at first sight to be an exception to the rule. However, upon examining the situation more closely, we found that the rule does not apply to this case. (在乍看之下它也许看起来像个例外. 然而, 在仔细地检查这个情况时, 我们发现这个规律根本不适用在这个情况)

18. exc​​ess baggage, an
定义: 额外的行李, 身上的多余脂肪/赘肉, 累赘东西或人, 不受欢迎的人.
例句: Get rid of that excess baggage. Having friends are good, but if you're always on the giving end, don't you get tired of it? (甩掉这个讨厌家伙. 交朋友固然是好事, 但你一直作为付出的一方, 你不会感到厌倦吗? 注: 意指一个贪得无厌, 予取予求的朋友, 不要也罢)

19. exc​​hange blows, to
定义: 互相殴打.
例句: Dozens of opposing lawmakers in Taiwan's Legislature exchanged blows and attacked each other with signs and placards on Oct. 11. (于十月十一日, 数十名对抗的立法委员在台湾立法院以告示牌和标语牌互相攻击与殴打)
图片
台湾立法院打架

20. exc​​hange fire, to
定义: 交火, 开枪/炮互射.
例句: Chinese and Filipino hackers exchanged fire in cyberspace over the weekend, adding to recent tensions over disputes in the South China Sea. (中国与菲律宾的黑客们周末在网路上交火, 增添了近来中国南海争议的紧张局势)
图片
成为中菲两国近来争议焦点的黄岩岛

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 309 访客