royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 357

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 27, 2012 2:14 am

二十笔实用成语 357

01. exc​​hange pleasantries, to
定义: 互道寒暄/客气话/客套.
例句: Now that we've exchanged pleasantries, Mr. Jones, let's talk business. (好了我们已经寒暄过了, 琼斯先生, 让我们谈正事吧)

02. exc​​lusive to others, be
定义: 别人不能参加的. (注: 意指独占的, 排外的)
例句: It's normal to have a close group of friends but cliques can be a problem if they are exclusive to others. (参与一个互相关怀的朋友群体是正常的, 但如果参与一个排外的小集团会成为问题)

03. ex-con, an
定义: [俚语]有前科的人, 前科犯, 曾服刑者.
例句: Denying an ex-con a job simply because he is an ex-con will only contribute to an increase in recidivism rates. (仅仅因为他是一个有前科的人而拒绝给予一个前科犯一份工作只会促成累犯率的增加)

04. Excuse me, can I use your pen?
[成语句型]对不起, 我可不可以借用你的笔?

05. Excuse me, Sir.
[成语句型]对不起, 先生, 打扰你一下! (注: 常用于问路, 问问题, 请人让路上)

06. Excuse me.
定义: [礼貌语]对不起, 不好意思, 打扰你, 劳驾. (注: 可用于: 问路, 问问题, 打断别人对话, 碰撞到别人, 早点离开, 请人让路, 因为没听清楚请别人重复刚说的话, 不赞同别人的意见等情况)
例句: Excuse me, do you know what time it is? (不好意思打扰你, 请问现在是什么时间?)

07. Excuse my French/Pardon my French.
[成语句型]对不起, 请你原谅我的脏话. (注: 用于在说脏话/粗口之前或之后的抱歉语; 在此French并不是法语而是脏话)

08. Excuse my friend.
[成语句型]请你原谅我的朋友. (注: 意指这个朋友刚说了错话或做了得罪人的事)

09. Excuse us for a moment.
[成语句型]不好意思, 请你或你们暂时离开一下. (注: 意指因为我们有些私人或机密的话要谈)

10. Excuse us.
定义: [礼貌语]对不起, 不好意思, 打扰你, 劳驾; 请让我或我们过去, 借过一下; 我们要先离开了.
例句: Now if you'll excuse us, we have to get going. (不好意思, 我们必须要走了)

11. executive privilege, the
定义: 行政特权, 行政豁免权.
例句: In the past, when the White House and Congress have clashed over claims of executive privilege, the President generally capitulated before criminal proceedings began. (在过去, 当总统府和国会为了行政特权发生冲突时, 通常总统会在刑事诉讼开始进行之前让步)

12. executive summary, an
定义: 实施纲要, 执行摘要.
例句: Some investors read only the executive summary and never bother with all of the details offered in the business plan. (某些投资人只阅读执行摘要, 从来不花工夫研读所提供的整套商业计划细节)

13. exercise/use caution, to
定义: [敦促语]谨慎小心, 谨慎行事.
例句: Travelers should exercise caution when using ATM facilities as there have been reports of people being robbed after withdrawing cash. (由于已经有多则人们提款之后被抢劫的报导, 在使用自动存提款机设备的时候, 旅客应当谨慎小心)

14. exert oneself, to
定义: 卖力/尽力/努力地工作/助人/运动.
例句: As you exert yourself and the heart tries to increase its output, the right ventricle has to work harder than normal to do this. (当你卖力地工作的时候, 你的心脏设法增加它的流量​​, 右心室必须比平常还更努力地工作)
图片
心脏图解

15. exertion of force, the
定义: 使劲, 使用力道; 使用武力.
例句: Lifting an item that is heavier than expected and requires an unexpected exertion of force can result in an acute musculoskeletal disorder. (搬动一个超重的物品需要一股超出寻常的力道因此可能会造成急性肌肉骨骼伤害)

16. exhibit A, the
定义: 展示A. (注: 意指图表, 证据, 等等的展示)
例句: Please see exhibit A for a detailed overview of the information that we collect and a description of how it is used. (有关我们所搜集以及如何使用它描述的资料之详细概要, 请看展示A图表)

17. exist on ..., to
定义: 靠...生活/生存; 生存于; 存在于.
例句: Maids, waiters and service staff exist on low wages because it's accepted, but that doesn't make it right. (女佣, 服务生以及服务工作者靠低薪生活因为它普遍被视为正常的, 但那并不代表是对的)

18. exit poll, an
定义: 出口民调, 采集刚投完票选民的选择来预估选举结果的民调.
例句: Exit polls have been used around the world to overturn fraudulent national elections, but in the US, exit polling has been under unceasing attack. (出口民调已经在全世界被用来推翻造假的全国性普选, 但在美国, 出口民调却一直不断地被人攻击)

19. exit stage left, to
定义: 离开; 离开舞台.
例句: With a well-deserved standing ovation, the vibrant singer exited stage left with a beaming smile. (受到了当之无愧的起立鼓掌之后, 这位活力充沛的歌手眉开眼笑地离开舞台)
图片
观众起立鼓掌

20. expand on that, to
定义: [敦促语]进一步解释或详述它. (注: expand on是解释或阐述之意)
例句: Could you expand on that? I'm not sure I understand what you said. (你能不能进一步阐述它, 我还是不明白你所说的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 327 访客