royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 384

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 04, 2012 12:15 pm

二十笔实用成语 384

01. find it in yourself to do something, to
定义: 尽力, 忍得下心做某事, 居然会做某件事.
例句: How do you find it in yourself to forgive a family member that has betrayed you? (你怎么居然会原谅一个背叛你的家族成员?)

02. find its mark/target, to
定义: (论及子弹或任何抛射物体)打中目标, 击中要害/痛处.
例句: Her angry reaction showed that your criticisms had found their mark. (她的忿怒反应正显示出你的批评击中她的痛处)

03. Find me a pair of scissors.
[成语句型]帮我找一把剪刀. (注意: 因为一把剪刀由两片刀刃组成所以要用a pair of scissors)

04. find one's calling, to
定义: 听到, 找到使命感, 任务的召唤或神的召唤.
例句: He found his calling in public service and helping people in need. (他在群众服务里找到他的使命感并帮助那些有需求的人们)

05. find one's feet, to
定义: 熟悉或适应新地方, 新情况; 可以站立及走路; 独立自主, 不需别人的帮助.
例句: It takes time to learn the office routine, but you will gradually find your feet. (熟悉办公室例行工作需要时间, 但你会逐渐地适应)

06. find one's tongue, to
定义: (从紧张或惊吓回神后)开口说话, 想出要说的话.
例句: I finally found my tongue and what I had to say was as bitter as battery acid. (我终于想出要说的话, 而我所说的话却是非常尖酸刻薄)

07. find one's voice, to
定义: 能开口说话, 能够表达或书写自己思想.
例句: When we find our voice, a power is given to us that can never be manipulated or taken away. (当我们能够表达我们的意见之后, 我们将拥有一股不再被人操弄或夺走的力量)

08. find one's way (around), to
定义: 找到路(不会迷路), 找出办法.
例句: Don't worry, I can find my way around. (别担心, 我会找到路的)

09. find oneself doing something, to
定义: 发觉自己不知不觉地做某件事. (注: 有时也用在惊讶地发现自己居然会做出某事)
例句: I found myself agreeing with everything she said. (我居然发觉自己同意她说的每句话)

10. find oneself in a predicament, to
定义: 发觉自己陷入一个困境.
例句: I found myself in a nasty predicament after discovering that my tenant trashed my rental apartment and left without paying the rent. (自从我发现我的房客毁损了我的出租公寓而且不付房租就搬走之后, 我发觉自己陷入艰难的处境)

11. find oneself in, to
定义: 发觉到自己在某个地方或碰到某个情况.
例句: Last month, my son found himself in the midst of a horrible divorce and custody battle over his 2-year old son. (上个月, 我儿子发觉自己卷入一场极为恶劣的离婚官司与争夺他两岁儿子监护权的冲突里)

12. find out about ..., to
定义: 了解, 获悉, 知道, 弄清楚...的真相.
例句: I'm sorry that you didn't know the meeting had been canceled. I didn't find out myself until just a few minutes ago. (我很抱歉你不知道这个会议已经被取消了. 我自己在几分钟前才知道会议的取消)

13. find out how the land lies, to
定义: 先了解情况或看看反应再作决定或采取行动.
例句: I thought I'd better call my mother and see how the land lies before inviting myself home for the weekend. (我想我最好先打电话给我母亲, 看看她的反应再决定要不要回家渡周末)

14. find out what someone is made of, to
定义: 来检验看看某人如何地能干或勇敢, 看看某人的能耐如何.
例句: Well we will soon find out what he is made of. I'm excited to see him play and hopefully get us some surprising victories. (嗯, 我们会马上看到他的能耐如何. 我很高兴看见他出赛, 也希望他能够取得让我们惊喜的胜利)

15. find out which way the cat has jumped, to
定义: 先了解情况或看看反应再作决定或采取行动.
例句: Let's find out which way the cat has jumped before we make our final decision. (让我们先了解情况再作最后决定)

16. find out, to
定义: 了解, 观​​察, 寻找, 发现; 确认某人的品德或身份; 抓住犯罪; 发现, 学习或证实有关的事情.
例句: She is angry at me because she found out that I quit the night class. (她生我的气是因为她发现我退掉了夜间课程)

17. find some common ground, to
定义: 寻求共同利益基础或折衷共识.
例句: It might be wise for you to talk to your neighbors nicely, find some common ground, and work the matter out. (也许跟你的邻居好好地谈一谈, 寻求一个折衷共识, 再找出问题的解决办法对你来说是明智的途径)

18. find someone/something out, to
定义: 了解, 观​​察, 寻找, 发现, 找出.
例句: We are going to find this person out and when we do, we will hand him over to the police. (我们会找出此人, 当我们找到之后, 我们会把他交给警方处理)

19. find something appalling, to
定义: 发现, 碰到某事/恶劣状况令人震惊, 可怕, 厌恶.
例句: When Nightingale arrived, she found the conditions at the military hospital there to be appalling. The men were kept in rooms without blankets or decent food. (当南丁格尔到达之后, 她发现这家军医院的恶劣状况令人震惊. 这些病人被收容在没有毛毡或适当食物供应的病房里)

20. find the time to ..., to
定义: (忙中)抽空, 挤出时间去做某事.
例句: I wonder how she finds the time to work and write. (我想知道她怎么能抽出时间一面工作一面又写作)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 299 访客