royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 387

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 11, 2012 11:09 pm

二十笔实用成语 387

01. fire off, to
定义: 匆促或愤怒地写好及送出.
例句: So I fired an e-mail off to the dealer, got a response that their parts department was understaffed at present and they'll get back to me soon. (因此我仓促地送出了一封电邮给这家汽车经销商, 得到的回应是他们目前零件部门人手不足, 他们会尽快地回复我)

02. fire on all cylinders, to
定义: 表现淋漓尽致, 发出极佳性能, 火力全开, 充分发挥潜力, 思路畅通.
例句: Our team's offense fired on all cylinders from the start, but was held back by poor defensive play. (我们队的攻击从一开始就火力全开, 但由于防守表现不佳使进展受阻)

03. fire up, to
定义: 启动引擎或马达; 激起热忱, 愤怒或其他的强烈情绪; 点燃烟斗, 雪茄或香烟.
例句: Before we start working, let's fire up the coffeemaker. (在我们开始工作前, 我们先烧壶咖啡吧. 注: 虽然这里的fire up the coffeemaker是启动咖啡机, 其实真正的意义是烧壶咖啡来喝)
图片
咖啡机

04. firebug, a
定义: 萤火虫; 纵火者.
例句: The 16-year old alleged firebug was caught by police not far from the scene of the blaze. (这名十六岁纵火嫌犯在火灾现场附近被警员逮捕)

05. fired up, be
定义: 热忱的, 积极的, 受到鼓舞的; (机器)已经被启动, 升火待发.
例句: I'm all fired up. I couldn't wait to do it. (我现在满腔热情. 我迫不及待想要做这件事)

06. fire-engine red, a
定义: 鲜红色.
例句: He stole the fire-engine red Corvette convertible from a rich politician. He did this not for money, but more for the thrill of it. (他偷了这辆富裕政客的鲜红色科尔维特跑车. 他不是为了钱才偷这部车, 而更大的程度上是为了偷车的快感)
图片
雪佛兰鲜红色科尔维特跑车

07. firewater, the
定义: [俚语]烈酒(例如威士忌等酒).
例句: As soon as I took my first sip of that plum Rakia I knew immediately it was some potent firewater and would never be able to finish all of it. (当我尝了这个梅子酒的第一口我就马上知道它是某种后劲十足的烈酒, 我不可能喝完它)
图片
塞尔维亚出产的梅子烈酒

08. firing squad, the
定义: 军方葬礼的礼枪队; 执行枪决的行刑队.
例句: This society has turned raping women into a pastime, I'm in the vein of belief that you dare to hurt a woman you should be put in front of firing squad. (这个社会已经把强奸女人变成一种消遣活动, 我是属于"你敢伤害一个女人, 你就应该被枪毙"这派看法的人)

09. firm hand on the tiller, a
定义: 牢牢掌着舵, 稳定大局.
例句: What people want is a president with a firm hand on the tiller. (人们所需要的是一个稳定大局的总统)

10. firm hand, a
定义: 强势; 严厉, 坚定.
例句: The students in Grade 8 need a teacher with a firm hand. (这些八年级学生需要一个严厉坚定的老师)

11. firm market, a
定义: [金融术语]稳固的市场, 行情坚挺的市场.
例句: I'm not sure this product has found a firm market in Asia yet. But we'll see. (我不认为这个产品已经在亚洲找到了稳固的市场. 但我们拭目以待吧. 注: 英语里的I 'm not sure, "我不确定", 是一种客套或有节制的说法, 其实真正的意义是"我不认为")

12. first among equals, be
定义: 同类/同侪/同辈/相似群体中最优的, 居首位的; 脱颖而出.
例句: Regardless of what position we are in the organization, we should always aim to be first among equals. (不论我们在这个团体居于什么地位, 我们应该不断地设法脱颖而出)

13. first and foremost
定义: 主要地, 基本上, 首先地也是最重要地.
例句: He remains first and foremost a businessman, not a politician. (基本上, 他一直是个将本求利的商人, 而不是个政客)

14. first and last
定义: 总的来说, 始终, 彻头彻尾地, 完全地.
例句: Punishment has long been seen as a social institution which is first and last a matter of morality and social solidarity. (惩罚长久以来被视为一个彻头彻尾基于维护道德和群体稳固的社会制度)

15. first come, first served
定义: 先来先服务, 先来先得.
例句: You can't reserve a seat at the movie theater; it's strictly first come, first served. (你不能在电影院保留座位; 它完全是先来先取得的)

16. first cousin, a
定义: 第一堂表兄弟姊妹; 伯, 叔, 舅, 姑妈, 阿姨的小孩; 近亲, 有紧密关系的.
例句: It is a first cousin to the new Jeep Liberty and shares some of its 4-wheel drive components. (这部车跟吉普车厂的"自由人"是近亲, 它们共用一些四轮驱动的零组件)
图片
吉普车厂的"自由人"运动休旅车

17. first dibs, the
定义: 有权优先, 成为第一使用者, 给予优先考虑.
例句: When we get to the motel, I get first dibs on the shower. (我们到了汽车旅馆之后, 我有权第一个冲澡)

18. first in, best dressed
定义: [澳洲]先来先得; 先来的占先机.
例句: A classic principle in trade mark law is first in, best dressed. With that in mind, we should first of all move to secure our intellectual property rights in our own brand label ASAP. (先来的占先机是个商标法的典型准则. 考虑到这一点, 我们应该首先尽快地取得我们自己商标的知识产权)

19. first love, the
定义: 初恋情人.
例句: Truthfully, you never get over your first love. You just grow more mature and move on with your life. (说句老实话, 你永远不会忘却你的初恋情人. 你只是变得更成熟, 继续过你的生活, 不再去想她/他)

20. first of all/first off
定义: 最紧要地, 最优先地, 首先, 最先要提地.
例句: First of all, we need to find a place to stay tonight. (最紧要的是, 我们今晚得找个地方安顿下来)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 309 访客