royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 389

帖子 royl » 周四 9月 20, 2012 2:40 pm

二十笔实用成语 389

01. fish and chips
定义: [英国餐厅用语]炸鱼片和炸薯条.
例句: In Britain, cod and haddock appear most commonly as the fish used for fish and chips, but vendors also sell many other white fish, such as pollock or coley. (在英国, 鳕鱼和黑线鳕一般最通常被用来做炸鱼片和薯条的鱼肉原料, 但贩卖者也卖许多其他的海底鱼类, 例如青鳕或黑鳕)
图片
英国的炸鱼片和薯条

02. fish for, to
定义: 钓鱼; 以间接打听, 套问, 尽力想起.
例句: The telephone caller was fishing for too much information, so I h​​ung up. (这个打电话来的人想要套问太多资料, 所以我把电话挂掉)

03. fish in troubled waters, to
定义: 浑水摸鱼, 趁火打劫.
例句: He believed the US statement was aimed at hyping the South China Sea issue to fish in troubled waters; an approach, that Washington has followed in the past two years. (他相信美国这份声明目的是过份渲染南中国海争议以便浑水摸鱼; 这是一个美国过去两年来所遵循的手法)

04. fish or cut bait, to
定义: 迅速地决定要继续或撤走; 要就做否则就离开.
例句: You've been bragging about what a great cook you are, so you make dinner. It's time to fish or cut bait! (你一直在吹嘘你烹饪技术有多了不起, 好, 你来做晚餐. 你现在要就做否则就离开!)

05. fish out, to
定义: 拖出或抽出水面/液体表面; 抽出, 抽回; 将某一水域的鱼捕光.
例句: I walked up the stairs to my apartment and fished out keys from my pocket, unlocking it and pushing it open. (我走上楼梯到我的公寓, 从口袋抽出我的钥匙, 打开门锁, 把门推开)

06. fish sauce, the
定义: 鱼露.
例句: In addition to being added to dishes during the cooking process, fish sauce is also used as a base for a dipping condiment. (除了炒菜时把它加入菜肴内之外, 鱼露也可以用来做沾酱的底料)
图片
泰国出产的鱼露

07. fish story/fish tale, a
定义: 谎言, 无稽之谈, 荒诞故事.
例句: If it were not for the hundreds of pictures I have of those trips, people would surely think I was making up fish stories. (要不是因为我旅游时拍下了这几百张照片, 人们肯定认为我在编造荒诞故事)

08. fish up, to
定义: 拖出或抽出水面/液体表面; 抽出, 找到, 钓起, 抬起.
例句: He then waded out up to his middle, dived down and fished up his cell phone from the bottom. It was badly battered. (他随即趟进淹至腹部的水中, 潜入水里, 在水底找到他的手机.它被摔得肢离破碎)

09. fishy
定义: 令人怀疑的, 不太对劲的.
例句: Something is fishy with his excuse. Why did he take the day before the holiday off work? (他的借口听起来不对劲. 他为什么在假日前一天请假?)

10. fit (into/in) the mold, to
定义: 符合平常或典型的模式.
例句: He does not fit the mold of a typical university president who sits in his ivory tower surrounded by books. He is a very hands-on leader. (他并不是那种典型的关在象牙塔内被书本包围的大学校长. 他是一位非常务实的领导人)

11. fit as a butcher's dog, be (as)
定义: 身体健壮的.
例句: Rebecca is fit as a butcher's dog and anyone that thinks she isn't gorgeous must be blind. (蕊贝卡身强体健, 任何觉得她不美丽动人的人肯定是瞎了眼)

12. fit as a fiddle/flea, be (as)
定义: 身强体壮, 合适的, 健康的.
例句: Her grandfather is 92 years old but he is as fit as a fiddle. (她祖父已经九十二岁但他仍然身强体壮)

13. fit as can be, be (as)
定义: 非常身强体壮, 很合适的, 很健康的.
例句: You don't strike me as a person who suffers from anemia. You look as fit as can be. (我看不出你像个患了贫血症的人. 你看起来很健康)

14. fit for a king, be
定义: 最高品质的, 最高标准的, 非常豪华舒适.
例句: Our room at the hotel was fit for a king. (我们在这家饭店的房间非常豪华舒适)

15. fit in, to
定义: 放得进, 塞得进; 有时间接待或进行(某工作); 被人接受, 融入, 融洽相处.
例句: Our doctor can fit you in this afternoon. (我们医生今天下午可以看你的病. 注: 这句话也可以解释为: Our doctor can see you this afternoon)

16. fit like a glove, be (as)
定义: 非常合适, 合身.
例句: The new pair of jeans that she bought fit like a glove. (她新买的这条牛仔裤非常合身)

17. fit out, to
定义: 装备或提供所需要的设备.
例句: The suite has been fitted out with high-speed wireless broadband, iPad connectivity, custom leather upholstery, built-in bar and entertainment unit. (这个酒店套房提供了高速无线宽频, iPad上网连接, 订做皮沙发, 内置酒吧以及娱乐设备)
图片
娱乐设备

18. fit someone up, to
定义: 栽赃某人, 陷害某人.
例句: But I haven't done anything, it's not my fault. I was fitted up! (但我没做错什么事, 这不是我的错. 我是被人栽赃的!)

19. fit something on the back of a postage stamp, to
定义: 对某事知道极其有限.
例句: What I know about this person could be written on the back of a postage stamp. (我对此人所了解的极其有限)

20. fit the bill, to
定义: 正合需要; 合适.
例句: If you want to eat something light, this restaurant will fit the bill. (如果你想吃点清淡的食物, 这家餐馆正适合你的口味)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 299 访客