royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 391

帖子 royl » 周一 9月 24, 2012 11:02 am

二十笔实用成语 391

01. fix up a meal, to
定义: 烹调食物, 做饭.
例句: She then went to the kitchen and pulled out various things from the cupboards and fridge, and fixed up a meal. (她随后走进厨房, 从厨柜和冰箱拿出各式各样东西, 做出了一顿饭)

02. fix up, to
定义: 修理, 修复; 打扮, 修饰; 修正, 处理好; 提供; 安排别人的约会.
例句: I thought you didn't like her so I fixed her up with your friend Paul. (我以为你不喜欢她所以我就安排她和你的朋友保罗约会)

03. fix yourself a drink, to
定义: 给你自己调杯酒.
例句: The video clip is about 50 minutes long but well worth your while, so fix yourself a drink and find yourself a comfortable chair. (这段视频大约是五十分钟长但值得一看, 所以给你自己弄杯酒再找一个舒服的椅子坐下来. 注: 意指请他边喝边看这段影片)

04. fix, a
定义: [俚语]一剂毒品; 需要满足的某个瘾头.
例句: If you are in the mood for an ice-cream fix, you can make it yourself if you have coarse salt, ice cubes, milk, sugar, and plastic bags. (如果你想要过一个冰淇淋的瘾, 你可以自己做冰淇淋如果你有粗盐, 冰块, 牛奶, 白糖, 以及塑胶袋的话)

05. fixated on ..., be
定义: 专注于..., 沉迷...
例句: Why are you fixated on these two choices? As far as I know, very few people using either of these. (你为什么一直专注于这两个选择? 据我所知, 没什么人使用这两个选择)

06. fixed in your ways, be
定义: 不想改变自己行事作风.
例句: Sometimes it is hard to accept that your parents are fixed in their ways. (有时候你会难以接受你父母不愿改变的行事作风)

07. fixed-wing aircraft, a
定义: 固定翼飞机.
例句: An airplane is a powered fixed-wing aircraft that is propelled forward by thrust from a jet engine or propeller. (一架飞机是一部由喷射引擎或螺旋桨推动的固定翼飞机)
图片
固定翼飞机, 波音737

08. fixing to, be
定义: [美南俚语]准备要(做某事).
例句: I was fixing to call you, but I'm so glad you called first. (我正准备要打电话给你, 但我很高兴你先打电话来)

09. fizzle out, to
定义: 逐渐结束, 失败.
例句: The party began to fizzle out about midnight when many people went home. (在许多人回家之后, 这个派对于午夜逐渐结束)

10. flabbergasted by/at, be
定义: 大吃一惊的, 吓了一跳, 目瞪口呆的.
例句: He got up and walked over to the window and was flabbergasted by what he saw. (他站起来, 走到窗前, 被他所看见的情景吓了一跳)

11. flag a cab, to
定义: 招呼一部计程车或出租车. (注: cab是taxicab的缩写, 就是计程车或出租车)
例句: The bus was late, so we flagged a taxicab that was going by. (由于这班公车误点, 我们只好招呼了一部路上过往的计程车)

12. flag carrier, a
定义: 国家航空/航运公司. (注: 漆上国旗的国家航空/航运公司许多为国营企业但也有许多私营公司, 例如南韩的Korean Air, 日本的Japan Airlines, 和加拿大的Air Canada等都是百分之百的私营企业)
例句: Although most flag carriers were state owned they did not have to be. (虽然大部分的国家航空公司是国营的但它们并不一定都是如此)

13. flag down, to
定义: 发出停止的讯号, 叫停.
例句: As we were leaving the parking lot, a woman flagged down our car. She said, "I need a ride home; can you give me a ride home?" (正当我们离开停车场的时候, 一名女子打手势要我们停车. 她说, "我需要搭便车回家; 你能不能载我回去?")

14. flag flies at half-staff/half-mast, a
定义: 降半旗.
例句: The flag flies at half staff in honor of the victims and emergency responders that died on that day. ​​(我们以降半旗方式向那天死于灾难的受害者与救灾人员致敬)

15. flagrant disregard for
定义: 公然漠视.
例句: It shows you do not care if you break rules or offend people, a flagrant disregard for the law. (这显示出你不在乎你是否违规或侵犯别人, 一个公然漠视法律的态度)

16. flak jacket, a
定义: 防弹衣.
例句: Flak jackets are now generally considered to be inferior to body armor. (目前防弹衣一般被认为劣于防弹护甲. 注: 请注意armor是不可数的名词, 所以用单数)
图片
越战时士兵穿着的防弹衣
图片
防弹护甲

17. flake out, to
定义: [俚语]睡着; 累坏了; 举止怪异; 失去兴趣或勇气.
例句: Tom flaked out on the couch after lunch. He was really tired. (汤姆午餐后躺在长沙发椅上睡觉. 他累坏了)

18. flake, a
定义: 怪异的人.
例句: The salesman was a flake. What he said was phony. (这个售货员是个怪胎. 他满嘴谎话)

19. flaky idea, a
定义: 怪异的想法.
例句: This is not a flaky idea or wishful thinking at all. We have the science to prove it. (这一点都不是个怪异或一厢情愿的想法. 我们能够拿出科学来证明它)

20. flame bait, a
定义: [网路术语]故意贴上一个煽动性的新闻或帖子以引起强烈反应或引起一系列激烈网上人身攻击及骂战.
例句: With a title like that, this is clearly intended to be a flame bait. (一看这种标题就知道这是一个挑起网上骂战的帖子)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 318 访客