royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 393

帖子 royl » 周五 9月 28, 2012 1:18 am

二十笔实用成语 393

01. flashlight, a
定义: 手电筒.
例句: An LED flashlight will have a longer battery life than a comparable incandescent flashlight. LEDs are also less fragile than glass lamps. (发光二极管手电筒比同级的白炽灯泡手电筒具有更长的电池寿命. 发光二极管比玻璃灯泡更不易摔坏)
图片
用于手电筒的灯泡: 左边的发光二极管和右边的钨丝白炽灯泡

02. flat as a board/flounder/pancake, be (as)
定义: 太平坦的, 有时用来不礼貌地形容胸部平坦的女性.
例句: Jane was flat as a board until she was sixteen, when she suddenly blossomed. (珍在十六岁之前胸部平坦, 此后她突然变得丰满)

03. flat beer/cola, a
定义: 跑了气的啤酒/可乐.
例句: Just thought I'd share this one with the ones that didn't know, but flat cola is said to ease an upset stomach. (只是想跟那些不知道的人说一声, 有人说跑了气的可乐可以舒缓胃疼)

04. flat broke, be
定义: 钱用光了, 一文不名的, 赤贫的.
例句: Sorry, I'm flat broke. Not a red cent on me. (抱歉, 我钱用光了. 我身上一毛钱都没有)

05. flat of one's hand/flat of the hand, the
定义: 手掌. (注: 意指掌心这一面)
例句: I smacked the off button of my alarm clock with the flat of my hand and rolled out of bed as usual. (像往常一样, 我用我掌心拍打我闹钟的关闭按钮然后起床)

06. flat on one's back, be
定义: 躺平; 生病躺在床上的; 在困难无援状态的.
例句: I've been on my back with the flu for two weeks. (我得了感冒在床上躺了两星期)

07. flat out
定义: 公开地; 直接地, 毫不隐瞒, 毫不客气地; 高速的; 高运行的.
例句: I told her flat out that I didn't like her. (我毫不客气地告诉她我不喜欢她)

08. flat out like a lizard drinking
定义: [澳洲俚语]快速地; 忙碌地.
例句: I've been flat out like a lizard drinking all this week and I haven't got time to call you. (我这整个星期忙碌的不得了, 我一直没时间打电话给你)

09. flat rate, a
定义: 统一/固定收费, 统一/固定价格.
例句: Flat rate is common in broadband access to the Internet in the USA. (在美国, 宽频上网服务的固定收费是很普遍的)

10. flat sales, the
定义: 销售平平/持平, 没增也没减的销售.
例句: Ticket sales have been/remained flat. (门票销售一直持平)

11. flat stomach, a
定义: 扁平腹部. (注: 意指身材不肥胖)
例句: There are few things in the weight loss industry that are more annoying than the infomercials selling machines to give you a flat stomach. (在减肥行业里, 少有比贩卖让你腹部扁平机器的电视促销节目还更令人厌烦的事情)

12. flat, a
定义: 泄了气的轮胎; 公寓. (注: 公寓美国人习称apartment英国人习称flat)
例句: I got a flat this morning. That's why I'm late for work. (今天早上我轮胎泄了气. 这就是为什么我上班迟到的原因)

13. flat-earther, a
定义: 老顽固, 相信地球是平的人, 坚持过时或证明是假理论的人.
例句: Global warming is settled, unless you are a flat-earther or an oil and gas industry apologist. (除非你是个老顽固或专替石油与天然气工业护航的人, 全球暖化这个争议已经取得结论了)

14. flatfoot, a
定义: 扁平足; [俚语]警察, 巡官, 水手.
例句: He's not a flatfoot or a beat cop, he is a political appointee who wouldn't be able to police his way out of a wet paper bag. (他并不是一个警官或巡官, 他是一个警务上懦弱无能的被政治酬庸的政务官)

15. flat-out lie, a
定义: 彻底的谎言.
例句: This was a flat-out lie. I have not been able to find anyone to buy my time-share and I'm at the point where I think I will give it away for free. (这是一个彻底的谎言.我一直没办法找到任何人来买我的分时渡假, 我已经到了我想干脆免费送人的这个程度)

16. flatter oneself, to
定义: 自鸣得意, 志得意满, 自吹自擂, 臭美.
例句: Do me a favor and stop flattering yourself. (帮帮忙, 你别自鸣得意)

17. flattery will get you nowhere.
定义: 对我奉承拍马是没用的.
例句: When I complimented Anna on her hair, she said, "Thanks, but flattery will get you nowhere." (当我赞美安娜一头美发的时候, 她说, "谢谢, 但拍我马屁是没用的. ")

18. flavor of the month, the
定义: 昙花一现, 突然而短暂的时髦.
例句: The employment-creation immigrant visa category, EB-5, has become the flavor of the month for US immigration for wealthy foreign nationals. (这个创造就业的移民签证类别, EB-5, 已经成为了美国给予外国富人移民的短暂时髦)

19. flea in one's ear, a
定义: 烦扰人的敦促或尖锐的斥责.
例句: I put a flea in his ear regarding the proposal deadline that he had m​​issed. (由于他错过了提出计划的截止期限, 我对他发出了尖锐的斥责)

20. flea market, a
定义: 跳蚤市场. (注: 意指卖旧货与骨董的市场)
例句: We went to a flea market last Saturday and bought some dishes. (上星期六, 我们去跳蚤市场买了一些盘子)
图片
跳蚤市场

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 388 访客