royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 401

帖子 royl » 周六 10月 13, 2012 8:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 401

01. for a moment/minute/second
定义: 一时之间, 一段短暂时间.
例句: Damn you scared me! For a minute I thought you weren't gone. (真可恶, 你吓我一跳! 一时之间我还以为你已经离开了)

02. for a rea​​son
定义: 其来有自地, 自有其道理地, 有因必有果.
例句: If you believe that everything happens for a rea​​son, you might find solace in the idea of​​ "everything, good or bad, is a life lesson." (如果你相信每件事发生都自有其道理的话, 你也许会从"每件事不论好与坏都是人生功课"这个观念中找到慰籍)

03. for a season
定义: 一段时间.
例句: I don't mind keeping a close eye on your residence if you are on vacation or gone for a season. (如果你去渡假或出门一段时间的话, 我愿意帮你看家)

04. for a song
定义: 只要一点钱, 很便宜.
例句: He bought this used BMW for a song. The owner gave it up willingly for $1000. (他很便宜地买到这部二手宝马车. 这个车主心甘情愿地以一千块钱卖给他)

05. for a start
定义: 首先, 第一个.
例句: I had a rea​​lly bad morning. For a start, my alarm clock didn't ring. And that was just the first in a series of disasters. (我早上真不顺利. 首先, 我的闹钟没响. 而这只是一连串灾难的开始)

06. for a time
定义: 一度, 一段时间.
例句: I served in the military for a time in my early twenties. (我二十出头的时候在部队服役了一段时间)

07. for a variety of reasons
定义: 由于/为了多种原因. (注: 并非只为一个原因)
例句: Homeowners choose to replace their windows for a variety of reasons, from energy efficiency to aesthetics. (由于多种原因, 从节省能源到立求美观, 屋主选择更换他们的窗户)
图片
外型美观的窗户

08. for a while
定义: 一时之间, 一段短暂时间.
例句: Let's take a rest for a while first. (我们先休息一下吧)

09. for a wonder
定义: 说来奇怪地, 令人想不到地.
例句: For a wonder, they actually worked hard all day. ​​(真令人想不到, 他们居然整天卖力地工作)

10. for ages
定义: 好久, 长久以来.
例句: We've known each other for ages. (我们认识了很久喽)

11. for all ...
定义: 虽然, 尽管...
例句: For all the time that he spends studying his marks are still very low. (尽管他花了这么多的时间努力读书, 他的分数还是很差)

12. for all I care
定义: 与我无关, 我才不管, 我才不在乎.
例句: You can go to hell for all I care but I have to help the poor kid along the way and find his feet. (我才不管你的死活, 但我必须在这段时间内帮助这个可怜的孩子让他适应新环境)

13. for all I know
定义: (并不确定)据我所知; 我不确定, 我不清楚, 谁知道, (有某个可能)也未必不可能.
例句: He could be a murderer for all I know. (谁知道, 他也许是个杀人凶手. 注: 意指别随便跟陌生人搭讪或打交道)

14. for all its value/worth
定义: 最大限度地, 到淋漓尽致, 充其量.
例句: I knew he was going to capitalize on the family tragedy and milk it for all its worth. (我早知道他会利用这个家庭悲剧的机会榨取最大利益)

15. for all me
定义: 至于我, 就我来说.
例句: For all me, I don't care who wins. (谁赢对我来说都无所谓)

16. for all of us here
定义: 对于在(这个团体/组织/地方)的我们来说.
例句: Keeping our streets safe is a 24/7 job for all of us here in the police department. (维持我们这个管区的安全是我们这个警局所有同仁的全时间工作. 注: 这里复数形式的streets可以解释为城市某一地区)

17. for all one is worth
定义: 尽力地, 尽量地, 最大限度地.
例句: I will tr​​y for all I am worth to make it easy for you to do business with us. (我会尽力地让您跟我们做生意顺利方便)

18. for all practical purposes
定义: 事实上, 实质上, 实际上.
例句: Are most mules sterile? For all practical purposes, yes. (是不是大部分的骡子不能生育? 实际上, 是的)
图片
善于驮运货物的骡子(公驴与母马的后代)

19. for all someone cares
定义: 某人才不管, 某人才不在乎. (注: 此片语后常跟着否定语句)
例句: You might as well be dead for all she cares. (她才不管你死活. 注: 意指你是活是死她都不在乎)

20. for all someone knows
定义: (并不确定)据某人所知; 某人不知道, 不清楚, 谁知道, (有某个可能)也未必不可能. (注: 此片语后常跟着否定语句)
例句: For all she knows, your dog could carry fleas, scratch the carpeting or show aggressive behavior around other tenants. (她未必知道你的狗是否会带跳蚤, 抓坏地毯或对周边房客发出攻击性行为. 注: 意指就是因为房东不知道房客的狗是否健康或安全才不允许房客养狗)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 292 访客