royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 403

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 19, 2012 8:42 pm

二十笔实用成语 403

01. for good and all
定义: 永远, 永久.
例句: This time, he left her for good and all. Only now did she remember all the horrible things she said to him. (这次他永远地离开她. 到这时候她才想起她对他所说的一切恶毒话)

02. for good measure
定义: 额外增加地; 确定足够.
例句: I vacuumed the interior and washed the car, and then, for good measure, I cleaned the windows. (我用吸尘器清理了车厢内部, 洗车, 然后再额外地把车窗擦拭干净)

03. For goodness sake!
定义: [惊叹语]天啊! 表达惊讶, 不耐, 愤怒或其他情绪的惊叹语.
例句: For goodness sake, don't drive so fast! The roads are icy. (行行好, 别开那么快! 路面上都结冰了)

04. For gosh sake!
例句: For gosh sake! Where did you get that sombrero? (我的妈啊! 你从哪里找来这顶宽边帽?)
图片
戴着宽边帽的墨西哥女子

05. For gracious sakes!
定义: [惊叹语]天啊! 表达惊讶, 不耐, 愤怒或其他情绪的惊叹语..
例句: For gracious sakes! It's only a joke, please don't get angry. (哎呀! 这只是一个玩笑, 请别生气)

06. For heaven's sake!
例句: For Heaven's sake, can't you do a little research on your own? (你也帮帮忙, 你难道不会自己做一点研究吗?)

07. For here or to go?
定义: [餐馆用语]你要在这吃还是要带走?

08. for hire
定义: 待租, 出租, 可雇用, 找工作.
例句: I'm not for hire at the moment but I will keep your offer in mind. (我现在不找工作, 但我会把你的工作邀请记在心上)

09. for hours and hours/for hours on end
定义: 连续好多个小时.
例句: We used to talk for hours on end, and now it's like we never knew each other. (我们过去可以连续聊好多个钟头, 而现在我们好像互相很生疏)

10. for just $... a month
定义: 只要付...块钱一个月. (注: 在美国讲钱数字例如$199只要说one ninety nine)
例句: For a limited time, we're offering unlimited texting, plus 100 minutes and free mobile-to-mobile calling for just $19.95 a month. (在有限期间内, 我们提供无限制传短讯, 再加上一百分钟手机对手机网内互打等服务, 每月只要十九块九毛五)

11. for just $9.95
定义: 只要付$9.95. (注: 在美国讲钱数字例如$9.95只要说nine ninety five)
例句: For just $9.95 you get unlimited pasta with sauces and unlimited breadsticks and salad. (只要付九块九毛五, 你可以无限制地吃义大利面食加浇酱以及无限制的棒型面包和生菜沙拉)
图片
各式各样的义大利面食
图片
棒型面包和生菜沙拉

12. for keeps
定义: 作为永久收藏地; 非常严肃; 长久, 永久; 事件结束的结果.
例句: "Do you want your tennis racket back?" "No, it's yours for keeps." ("你要我还你网球拍吗?" "不了, 我送给你了.")

13. for kicks
定义: 找乐子; 为了刺激, 享乐的效果或经验.
例句: "What do you guys do for kicks?" "I play computer games." ("你们平常做何消遣找乐子?" "我玩线上游戏.")

14. for lack of a better word/term
定义: 由于一时找不到最适当的字眼. (注: 意指临时找个最接近事实的描述语因为找不到最正确的话)
例句: They called it a comet, for lack of a better term. (由于找不到最适当的字眼, 他们称它为彗星)
编译者注: 如果读者对meteoroid, comet, asteroid, meteor, meteorite之间的差异有兴趣的话, 你可以看此连接网页: http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/179222 ... sh=related

15. for laughs/for a laugh/for giggles
定义: 为了闹着玩, 为了好玩.
例句: They didn't mean any harm. They just did it for laughs. (他们并没有恶意. 他们只是闹着玩)

16. for long
定义: 长久, 长时间.
例句: I didn't stay for long because I wasn't really sure she enjoyed my company. (我没逗留多久因为我不确定她是否喜欢我陪伴她)

17. for love or money
定义: 在任何情况下. (注: 此片语后常跟着否定语句)
例句: No matter how much you pay me, I wouldn't do it for love or money. (不管你付我多少钱, 我决不会做这件事)

18. for me
定义: 就我来说, 依我看来; 给我; 适合我.
例句: I don't think there's really an easy answer to this one. But for me, it's only a matter of figuring out which way best suits you. (对于这个问题, 我不认为真正有一个简单答案. 但依我看来, 这只是一个找出哪一个最适合你方式的问题)

19. for miles and miles
定义: 相当远的距离, 绵延漫长的路.
例句: Last night, I walked for miles and miles because my car ran out of gas. (昨晚, 由于我车子汽油用光, 我走了好长一段路)

20. for more information on the subject, see ...
定义: 如果需要有关此主题更多的资料, 请参考...
例句: For more information on the subject, see our links page and read our FAQ. (如果需要有关此主题更多的资料, 请参考我们的连接网页和我们的常见问题与解答)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 275 访客